Constant Cravings

Does anyone else get cravings before their periods ? I have been craving KFC all week and it is driving me crazy , but for once I have enough will power to get a salad or Sushi instead .

How do you deal with this when you are trying to be healthy ?

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

The world is changed by examples, not by opinions

“If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!â€

― John Waters

Haha , yes since I have been drinking a lot of water I am doing better . I used to eat crap just because it was there . I am stronger than you PMS !

― John Waters

We must all be dealing with shark week at the same time...you, me and Mirgss.

Yesterday I was craving something carb-y sooo bad. And a coke, I've been wanting a coke for about a week. I was already out grocery shopping yesterday, so I allowed myself a slice of pepperoni pizza and a cherry coke.

I think this was better than forcing myself to not eat it, because then I would have found a way to eat smaller carbs over the course of the week. Since I'm gluten and lactose intolerant, bread-y, cheesy stuff is really bad for me, but it's better if I just have a big piece of it all at once, rather than over several days. Then I can detox and move on, lol.

So I think a small KFC meal wouldn't hurt you, if you were seriously Jonesing for it. It's really better to go out and buy a cheat meal, so the stuff won't be in your house taunting you.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I wonder if going off all junk food would be like going off soda... I used to drink 2 liters of soda a day, but I haven't touched the stuff for a year... more than that, gosh, must be nearly two years by now. And now I don't think I'd even want it. But I get cravings for other stuff ALL the time. Do you think if I laid off brownies for a year I'd never want one again? :)

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Yup. Chocolate (Cadbury creme eggs are my kryptonite, this time of year is baaad..), ice cream, chips, other random junk food and sometimes a hamburger or a steak. Pretty sure the meat cravings are linked to iron deficiency since they're usually during/after, but the junk food is before/during. For junk food, I usually let myself have a bit, but not lots, and then do something else to distract myself from the craving until it goes away.

I have a constant low-level' date=' "I could eat chocolate" sort of feeling, but the week before my period CHOCOLATE IS ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE. I'm totally with you.[/quote']

Yes.

Do you think if I laid off brownies for a year I'd never want one again?

No. But I mean, I just don't picture myself NEVER wanting chocolate again...that's like.....heresy.

My personal kryptonite are peanut M&Ms or those Reese's chocolate peanut butter egg things....omg....nommmmmmmmmm.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I have a constant low-level' date=' "I could eat chocolate" sort of feeling, but the week before my period CHOCOLATE IS ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE. I'm totally with you.[/quote']

same. we don't keep junk in our house, so I usually don't eat it. but once that time comes around, i will make an out-of-the-way pit stop at walgreens for some cadbury mini-eggs or m&m's. and eat a gigantic bag. but, i figure if a large chocolate binge only happens once a month, then... i'm ok with that??

Yup. Chocolate (Cadbury creme eggs are my kryptonite, this time of year is baaad..), ice cream, chips, other random junk food and sometimes a hamburger or a steak. Pretty sure the meat cravings are linked to iron deficiency since they're usually during/after, but the junk food is before/during. For junk food, I usually let myself have a bit, but not lots, and then do something else to distract myself from the craving until it goes away.

Were we separated at birth? I keep a stash of cadbury creme eggs this time of year. Very dangerous indeed.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

That is really sweet . And a good ideas , I might do that too . And I don't mind guys commenting here :)

― John Waters

God. I am PMSing right now and I need ALL THE CARBS and maybe McDonald's. And chocolate. Only the thought of how hard it would be to do yoga while weighted down with a Big Mac is stopping me from getting in the car.

I have chocolate protein shake mix, though, so that will pretty much tide me over.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

I hope you don't mind if I intervene. Kick me out if you want.

When my wife has cravings, I always try and find a healthier alternative of that food for her. So if she's craving fries, I offer to make sweet potato fries. If she's craving candy, I suggest fruit. Hope that helps?

Sometimes this works, Loren. And sometimes just the suggestion makes you want to tear someone's head off. Just know it's nothing personal, and the damage a woman does during pms is often burned off the next week when you feel so much better you could lift cars!

~Oscar Wilde

I hope you don't mind if I intervene. Kick me out if you want.

When my wife has cravings, I always try and find a healthier alternative of that food for her. So if she's craving fries, I offer to make sweet potato fries. If she's craving candy, I suggest fruit. Hope that helps?

Aawww! You're adorable. :D I need my husband to just go buy me fruit and stuff when I'm PMSing.

I'm going through the same thing. You eating paleo? Faux Chocolate Mousse? Or this recipe? Whipped cream from coconut milk has also helped me through tough times.

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

Sometimes this works, Loren. And sometimes just the suggestion makes you want to tear someone's head off. Just know it's nothing personal, and the damage a woman does during pms is often burned off the next week when you feel so much better you could lift cars!

No worries. I'm used to having my head chopped off by laser-beam eyes. Haha.

Aawww! You're adorable. :D I need my husband to just go buy me fruit and stuff when I'm PMSing.

I'm going through the same thing. You eating paleo? Faux Chocolate Mousse? Or this recipe? Whipped cream from coconut milk has also helped me through tough times.

Hahaha.

I do the same and healthier options don't fix the craving. I want cake, chocolate cake bad!

For me, if I want chocolate, it's gotta be chocolate, anything else doesn't satisfy it. For other stuff, substituting healthier options works eg. instead of potato chips, I'll have tortilla chips or pita chips (usually with salsa or guacamole, veggies make it healthy, right? :P) or instead of ice cream I'll have frozen yogurt (not really healthy, but slightly better anyway)

People tend to crave for sweet, i crave for salty and sour goods like cucumber pickle and soy sauce. Also pizza. lots of mix pizza. It's bad for me, all that salt and stuff. figuring out something. I recently realised when I crave, 10 minutes exercise takes my mind off it and i switch to a healthier alternative.

Hi, I'm Rose. I'm a wannabe freelance Illustrator/Character Artist with a Bachelors in Landscape Architecture. I'm a Graphic Design Student and I have bad eating habits.

Roselyn Shade

Half Elf Adventurer [wannabe Bard]

Level : 2

| STR: 4 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 3 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 8 |

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Lee - Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

Challange | Sketchblog Tumblr | Portfolio

Anybody find it ironic how the women's guild is like, "We're discussing women's issues! Yaaay!" and the men's guild is like, "Men only!". And we keep getting the guys posting "I hope I don't get kicked out" or "I want to keep my balls but I just wanted to add something". Were any dude's dudliness ever threatened for putting in well-intentioned comments, bringing up questions they may have about their wives/mothers/sisters/daughters, etc?