• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

honeybadger

Honeybadger Holds It Together

Zero week and first day of my summer break! I have a few adulting things on my "To Do" list for the week. Three of which I was able to cross off today!!!

1. Student loan paid for the month

2. Emailed Crossfit about redeeming my groupon for bootcamp

3. Talked to director about summer job. I just need to pass my background check. Good thing I had that no stabbing goal last challenge!!

Adulting that still needs to be done

- Call realtor (my ex took the day off today so this was delayed)

-Schedule furry beastie yearly vet visit

-Schedule work for my car (nothing urgent just routine, might have to wait until next pay check)

-Write new challenge goals

I plan on running tonight. I got 4 miles in on Saturday so I'll see how it feels tonight. 

• Like 3

Crossfit guy got back to me in a few hours by phone and email!  I am impressed with them so far. Great customer service and very professional. I will attend my first bootcamp on Wednesday morning!!! 

I cycled for 40 minutes and ran 2 miles (21:15). I'm trying to think about what my running goals for next challenge will be beyond stay injury free. I would like to find a new race to train for. Running makes me feel "normal." 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Running makes me feel "normal." 

Oh, yeah.  The internet is full of normal people running.  We are a part of normal! 

weird--wonderful-pictures-of-the-week---

(but I know what you mean, and glad that running helps you stay sane)

Glad to hear the crossfit place is so promising!  Bootcamp will be awesome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Oh, yeah.  The internet is full of normal people running.  We are a part of normal! 

weird--wonderful-pictures-of-the-week---

(but I know what you mean, and glad that running helps you stay sane)

Glad to hear the crossfit place is so promising!  Bootcamp will be awesome.

I'm definitely this ^^^ kind of normal. 

I was not nearly as productive today as I was yesterday. I did go to Walmart to buy more bins for packing/organizing and some of those space bags. Then I went back to Walmart when I noticed that the top to one bin was cracked and went to swap it for a new one. Then I had to go back to my car and get the whole bin to return because there were no more tops. Perhaps I was not as productive because I spent so much time in Walmart. 

I did manage to sort through more stuff and organize some things that will make packing easier. I need to find a place to donate books. 

Now all all I need to do for the rest of the night is decide between my purple tutu or cheetah body paint for bootcamp tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Bootcamp was awesome! The people were very nice and friendly. The owner and coach professional and approachable. It is basically what I thought it would be. Crossfit without the olympic lifting or gymnastics. Today's WOD was all running so I feel like I was in my comfort zone. My performance was middle of the pack as usual! 

WOD if anyone is interested

Spoiler

Run

1600m

rest 5 min

1200m

rest 5 min

800m

rest 5 min

400m

rest 2 min

200m

rest 2 min

100m

rest 2 min

50m

1600,1200, 800 run at about 80%, max effort for the rest

Score is total time including rest 45:01

I will go again on Friday. I don't know if they are having class on Monday because of the holiday I know they are doing Murph don't know if the bootcamp folks are allowed to do that WOD I'm guessing we are. Not sure how much I would need to modify as I have done exactly zero pull-ups or pushups in recent memory. I'll ask on Friday. 

I also scheduled a visit to the vet for Tuesday. One more thing off my list of adulting. Therapy tonight where, no doubt, we will process my avoidance of calling the realtor. 

I have a feeling the new boards might be up...or at least they will be very soon. Need to figure out my goals!!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Bootcamp was awesome!

YAY!!! So glad it is measuring up.  Never heard of Murph, but looked it up.  Sounds really cool....of course it would take me about 10 years to complete.  In 20 pounds of body armor?  Insane.

• Like 1