OH HI.

giphy.gif

Some of you (probably not a lot) already know me but I'll introduce myself anyway: I'm Virago! I've been a Nerd Fitness reader for a loooong time, I went to CNF 2015, and I even used to post here sometimes - but I'm horrible at forums :( Anyway, since I'm also the Rebel Support Leader at Nerd Fitness, and since I'm going to be helping Spezzy out with the forums now that she's COACHING FULL TIME FOR NF (AAAAAAHHHH HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!?!), I'm going to take another crack at a battle log. I've always wanted one here, and just been too scared/overwhelmed to do it. 

Well guess what: it's respawn time!!!

More introductions (and, you know, battle-logging) to come, but for now I'm going to hit publish before I chicken out. LET'S DO THIS, NERDS!

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

So, last month I kept a sheet of paper on my desk that had an empty calendar template on it, and (when I remembered) I'd try to write in any healthy choices or actions I'd taken that day to try to stay focused on increasing my ADP. I sat down tonight feeling slightly discouraged as I looked at my goals for the month: I didn't really practice handstands, I didn't do yoga every day, my diet has been off a bit lately and I'm trending a few pounds heavier than normal (far from a crisis, but not in line with my current goals). 

Then I went to take stock of what went well this month...

• I joined a new gym on the 3rd, and I went 3x each week this month despite traveling and getting sick. 
  • I MET JEN SINKLER, one of my biggest role models!
  • I got engaged to my absolutely incredible partner!!!?!!?!
  • I went on four hikes!
  • I started tracking my food again
  • I finished a book! (I used to be an avid reader, and I've slowed down lately.)
  • Not to get too dramatic or personal, but I had a pretty major emotional epiphany/revelation while watching waves on the Pacific and took a big step towards forgiveness.
  • I formed a lot of new connections (visiting the amazing ladies of NF in San Diego, making new friends at my gym, MEETING JEN SINKLER), and revisited some favorite "old" ones (BFFs from my home state visited for a long weekend and we had an amazing time with lots of hiking and eating, the best things to do here)
  • I ate zero pieces of Easter candy. I think I had a Cadbury egg at some point, but I think that was in March when they first put it out (WTF stores). 
  • I finally, finally sent in my freelance editing project that turned into a monster and consumed my life
  • I checked in on my automated savings account (been using Digit, might switch to Qapital) and had $650 in there. What??! Magic!

...oh, okay. I guess it was pretty great and successful overall. :)

giphy.gif

SO FOR MAY: 

Priority #1: Keep up my 3x/week streak at the gym (going for 4 except on weeks where I'm traveling)

Priority #2: Do the "EAT" ("Eat Actual Things") challenge at my gym; it's been awhile since I've dialed in my nutrition, and I could use a reset.

Priority #3: Practice handstands regularly (4+ times each week)

Bonus goals:

• Sing with/for other people - this is a gimme, because I'm going to be reuniting with the choir I was a part of from elementary through high school for our choir director's memorial service. I miss having music feature more prominently in my life, and it will be really nice to see everyone again.
  • Read a book
  • Start a battle log on the - oh. I guess I've done that one. Alright, then, maintain this log. ;) 
  • Have a birthday!
  • Do yoga 1x/week
  • Meditate??
  • Pick a wedding date?? GUYS THIS IS SO WEIRD/AWESOME I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT WHAT IS HAPPENING
  • Catch up with the Glass Cannon Podcast by the end of the month, so I can finally actively participate and stop hiding from spoilers :D (Fun fact: the title of this battle log comes from the podcast. Any other GCP listeners here? No spoilers, please!)

I have like a thousand billion goals, you guys, so I'm trying to actually prioritize and not sweat the rest. 

Here's to a fun and focused May :D

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile