Howdy, fellow nerd rebels! I'm new here (obviously!). Anyhow, I'm a 20 year old biology student from Texas who wants to get in shape and stay in shape. Currently.... that's been a bit of an issue. At 5'3" and 100 lbs. even, I'm about 20 pounds underweight, but between a full load of classes, an upcoming new car and a crappy grocery store job (Yay $8/hr peanut wages >_>) , I don't exactly have the time or money to spare to make use of a gym membership, or the extra cash with which to buy supplements. I hope that I can perhaps learn a thing or two here, and perhaps make some new friends along the way. Vive la rébellion!

Welcome fellow Texan! Do your school fees include access to the campus gym? My university offered free nutrition and fitness evals with one or two follow ups as a way to get their nutrition and kinseology students experience. Don't waste your money on supplements when you are so tight. Focus on proper nutrition and you will give yourself a good start.

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

On 5/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, Trixie Falsae said:

Welcome fellow Texan! Do your school fees include access to the campus gym? My university offered free nutrition and fitness evals with one or two follow ups as a way to get their nutrition and kinseology students experience. Don't waste your money on supplements when you are so tight. Focus on proper nutrition and you will give yourself a good start. 

School fees do indeed include gym access! I'll actually be taking kinesiology 1 during the summer semester since it's part of my degree plan, so I'll be hitting the gym for the first six weeks of summer anyways. I think my dad also has an old nutrition textbook from his attempt at college years ago that I could read into a bit to get a starting point on proper diet and nutrition.