• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

IlBigBosslI

Big Boss' storm

A Storm is Coming

A storm is rushing in. 

Threatening to decimate everything in its path. 

I'm 27, 285lbs. I have slowly lost 100lbs through exercising and correct dieting. Since last May my wife and I have moved and it has gotten me off schedule. I have gained 30lbs over the last few months. A storm has been raging inside of me. I have been wracked with depression and self-hate. I am determined to get my life back on track. 

Main Quest

My quest is simple. I am fighting to regain my progress, to kill the storm that threatens me, and to become the hero my wife deserves. 

At the end of the challenge, I just want to feel better. 

My end goal is to be back to 250lbs. 

Quest Log:

Quest #1 - Healthy Eating at the homestead

• Take on a 4-week eating challenge!\
    • 200g of protein
    • 150g of fat
    • 30g or fewer carbs 
  • Track all my food in MFP
  • Drink a gallon of water a day (carry a jug throughout the day)

Quest #2 - A Storm is Coming

• I have recently started boxing so:
    • Complete boxing training 4x a week.
    • Run 3 miles 2x a week
    • Boxing footwork 4x a week 
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 2x a week

Quest #3 - Delve the depths of knowledge

• Finish Sabriel by Garth Nix in the next 3 weeks and try to start on the sequel 

• Like 2

Solid choice on Sabriel, that series was such a unique perspective on the fantasy genre. How'd you get into boxing?

• Like 1

So far I have done an okay job at hitting my eating goals. Wednesdays are difficult because of work, training, church, and still making time for my wife and dog. After church today the wife wanted to get sushi instead of cooking. So I definitely ate more than 30 carbs! Boxing is going great. I started running to the gym and back two times a week. That equals out to 3 miles for each run. 

@Laghail I found a local gym and decided to check it out. I have always enjoyed the sport. This also adds a competitive nature to cardio and accountability. 

• Like 3

Sounds like a great quest! Good luck with the weight -- it really sucks when all your hard work goes up in smoke, but it sounds like you've got what it takes to make it happen! 

I love the entire Abhorsen series, great choice. Let us know how everything is going!

• Like 1

Had a bumpy start yesterday. I forgot my lunch and decided to run to Wendy's to grab a hamburger without the bun. Well, I was dumb and got a combo without thinking. I ate all the fries. A small hiccup, but back on track! 

• Like 1

So the week that my back was hurt I ended up gaining a bit of weight. It sucks, but I just wasn't active. This week has been better though! I'm definitely going to do another challenge with the rebels. I've enjoyed having this as a sort of competition. 

• Like 1