• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miw_Sher

[Miw-Sher] Better Late than Never

Yeah, I am still here. Things have been crazy. Stuff happened and it just broke the camel's back. It's in the past now, with a bit of luck. Things are still crazy, though.

The positive aspect is that my goal this year is to keep at it even during turbulent times and not let myself be crushed by setbacks. So, yay, I get I guess to test that resolve now.

The good news is that I managed to reflect on things during this chaos - it sounds weird, yeah, but those rare, free moments were truly one of introspection.
I always approach these challenges as an "add something every challenge". This, in theory, should work fine and is pretty much the strategy recommended... It works a tad less fine when you are a person who's work process goes from large, vague ideas and trying out a hundred of things to slowly stripping it down to the minimum.

So... yeah, seems like I need to change approach. Luckily, as I said in my last post, I am starting to know what I enjoy and where I want to go from here in terms of fitness... well, sort of It still amounts to "I WANT TO DO ALL THE THINGS". Luckily there is a class for that, and once the half-marathon is gone I will be able to fully concentrate on the Tough Mudder training. w00t!*

There is a lot more but this is the one thing I am taking from these past weeks - learn to prioritise. Strip your life down to the things that really matter to you.

Challenge: 

Goal 1: Do some form of training every day, for at least 30 minutes.
If you don't have time, just warm up and do some push-ups. Things are crazy, as I said. But I need to keep up an exercise routine regardless because it's a priority and also good for my mental health.

Goal 2: Kick sugar.

In the spirit of removing things rather than adding, let's remove the one thing that has really been screwing with me over the past year. I am not a sugar person, I don't like sweet, and I certainly don't like having sweet cravings.

Goal 3: Post in here every Morning.

Accountability and shit.

Life Goal: 
Graduate? Stay sane? I think I will pass this one, I am really just going through the motions at this point.

I'll do my best to catch up with people over the course of the week!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Miw_Sher said:

Challenge: 

Goal 1: Do some form of training every day, for at least 30 minutes.
If you don't have time, just warm up and do some push-ups. Things are crazy, as I said. But I need to keep up an exercise routine regardless because it's a priority and also good for my mental health.

Goal 2: Kick sugar.

In the spirit of removing things rather than adding, let's remove the one thing that has really been screwing with me over the past year. I am not a sugar person, I don't like sweet, and I certainly don't like having sweet cravings.

Goal 3: Post in here every Morning.

Accountability and shit.

Life Goal: 
Graduate? Stay sane? I think I will pass this one, I am really just going through the motions at this point.

Hey. Its good to see you back. I hope whatever happened that you needed the break is in a better spot. although I do understand the reflections during chaos. I am like that too. There is something that allows you to see clearer when things are falling down. Especially if there is sitting and waiting involved (or moments where the body is so busy, but it doesn't need the brain).

I am so jealous. I want to do a Tough Mudder and maybe even a spartan race one day. Right now, I am focused on just getting stronger so that when that is accomplished, then I can level up a bit more to those.

I think your goals are very realistic. Especially if there is any lingering chaos running around. And accountability is good too. I am following so that someone is here to cheer you on and to talk to. And good luck with the life goal. Right now I am in the same boat, although I am starting to wonder if staying sane and being in school can ever really coexist together. Maybe shoot for your normal level of insanity or sanity. However you want to look at it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hey. Its good to see you back. I hope whatever happened that you needed the break is in a better spot. although I do understand the reflections during chaos. I am like that too. There is something that allows you to see clearer when things are falling down. Especially if there is sitting and waiting involved (or moments where the body is so busy, but it doesn't need the brain).

I am so jealous. I want to do a Tough Mudder and maybe even a spartan race one day. Right now, I am focused on just getting stronger so that when that is accomplished, then I can level up a bit more to those.

I think your goals are very realistic. Especially if there is any lingering chaos running around. And accountability is good too. I am following so that someone is here to cheer you on and to talk to. And good luck with the life goal. Right now I am in the same boat, although I am starting to wonder if staying sane and being in school can ever really coexist together. Maybe shoot for your normal level of insanity or sanity. However you want to look at it.

I am happy to see that I am not alone. If there is one thing I appreciate about the Rebel forums is how much everyone seems to be in the same boat. :)

17 hours ago, fleaball said:

Following now, reading later. Glad youre back and sorry it's been crappy lately. Hugs!

HUgs! I missed you. :)

• Like 3

Tue 02/03/2017

Goal 1: Do something - went running. So yay me! :)

Goal 2: I had a sugary beverage in the morning, but have not had any since setting this goal.

Goal 3: Hi everyone! :)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Miw_Sher said:

Tue 02/03/2017

Goal 1: Do something - went running. So yay me! :)

Goal 2: I had a sugary beverage in the morning, but have not had any since setting this goal.

Goal 3: Hi everyone! :)

Yay for the run, and the sugary drink before setting the goal doesn't count.

Holy shit, you're doing a half marathon too? When did this happen? I know I totally dropped off your last thread. I'm jealous.

• Like 1

Hug attack!

giphy.gif

Hope you're doing okay with the crazy and stuff. I assume you are doing end of term stuff right now (?), hang in there, you can do it!

• Like 1

Found you! Sorry I'm so late (but better late than never, right? :panda:).

Hope you're doing ok? Keep on keeping on and you can always message me if you need to talk.

• Like 1

I am alive! :)

Just wanted to check in and say that... exercising is not going too well but at least I am on track with the no sugar goal. Also I am sortof kinfof findibg a rythm again finally.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 6

Found you!! I didn't realize you had a thread this go-round. Mostly because I have been kind of a forum deadbeat. I like your approach of paring things down to the essentials and focusing on your core values/goals. Definitely a sensible approach in a time of chaos.

Congrats on staying on track with the sugar stuff. When's the half marathon? How is school stuff going?

You have a whole crew of people here who want to see you happy and healthy and successful! Always remember when things get crazy, you have a cheering squad.

As for all the challenges you're facing, I'll say what my Italian prof always used to say to us before a test: in bocca al lupo!

• Like 2

On 5/14/2017 at 1:31 AM, Miw_Sher said:

I am alive! :)

Just wanted to check in and say that... exercising is not going too well but at least I am on track with the no sugar goal. Also I am sortof kinfof findibg a rythm again finally.

Glad to hear your still going. Great job staying on the no sugar goal. That can be one of the hardest goals since it is everywhere. I am sure once you find that rhythm the exercise goal will slide into it and you will be rocking and rolling.

• Like 2

I need to stary forcing myself to post in here in order to build momentum again. Sugar still on track. Exercise less so. I went hiking last Sunday in an effort to build strong habits again. Result: I am noe injured. :(

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

I need to stary forcing myself to post in here in order to build momentum again. Sugar still on track. Exercise less so. I went hiking last Sunday in an effort to build strong habits again. Result: I am noe injured. :(

I understand. I seem to do better when I am staying involved here and know people are keeping me honest. Great job on the sugar and I hope you feel better soon. I hope the injury isn't too bad.

• Like 2

Hey guys, thanks all!

The injury is not bad but I am definitely going to miss the half-marathon. It also means I need to scale down my running to - basically zero. T.T

Progress: I have now checked in again after only one day of missing. Realised I need t make a new challenge thread. yay!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

The injury is not bad but I am definitely going to miss the half-marathon. It also means I need to scale down my running to - basically zero. T.T

Oh no :( I hope you're able to have a quick recovery!

6 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

Progress: I have now checked in again after only one day of missing. Realised I need t make a new challenge thread. yay!

I shall watch for it! :D

15 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

Hey guys, thanks all!

That stinks. Feel better. But great job checking in.