This is not my first respawn, but I'm hoping it will be the last. I know what I need to do and how to get the results I want. I just need to keep at it and not give up. I think I'm stronger mentally now than I was before, so I don't think I'll crash and burn this time. Stumble a little, perhaps, but I should be fine.

Here's to getting my life under control, starting with my own body.

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

This is the Respawn forum.  My point was simply that you're down in the dumps and you've got nowhere to go but up.  It was intended as humorous encouagement.  

I have no idea how that would sound like "get lost," but I'm sorry if it did.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Hey BC.

Thought I'd chime in here and share something that's been helping me get out of a mental dark place...

I have ONE commitment on my calendar this summer and it's something that I'm really looking forward to - it's a concert that will be a full-day event including a bit of a "road trip" on either side (a little over an hour's drive each way). I spent a bit extra to get really good tickets for wifey & myself because the performers are a couple of our faves. I know that I want to be able to enjoy the full day. That means things like being able to wear my favorite pair of shorts or jeans, my favorite shirt. I want to wear them with comfort and confidence. I want to feel good enough in my own skin to dance around like an idiot amongst 15,000 other concert-goers and not care what they think. I want to be able to enjoy the dinner beforehand, sitting on a patio by the water, have a couple beers and not think that they're going to send me off the rails with my diet.

As of right now I couldn't do any of that. But it's nearly two months away so I have time to get there. And the best part is that I've kept my calendar of commitments clear from now until then, so I can focus on getting myself "right." I don't have any commitments in the next couple weeks that might encourage me to do something drastic with my diet that is unsustainable or puts me at risk of illness or injury. I just need to look ahead to this one potentially awesome thing in late-June and do what I can to get myself as healthy, fit and happy as I can by that point to enjoy it to its fullest.

I guess the thing I'm trying to say here is: do you have anything on your calendar this summer (a concert, a block party, family get-together, whatever) that you can identify as something that could be REALLY fun if you feel healthy and confident by the time it rolls around? If so, focus on that and try to keep your other commitments between now and then to a minimum so you can focus on you. That way you know that you've got a bit of time to do it the right (see: safe & sustainable) way. And if you don't have anything like that yet, maybe you can put something on the books for a couple months out? Doesn't have to be any sort of big financial commitment, doesn't have to involve lots of other people. But whatever it is, maybe it can help be that thing that has a constant positive pull on you to bring you up from these lower points you're feeling recently?

I know it's not a one-size-fits-all approach, but thought I'd throw it out there in case it's something you think might work for you. I know it's helping motivate me a bit this Spring and I'm hoping that continues through the early part of the summer as well.

All the best,

CK

• Like 1