It's Great To Be A Man

And the wardrobe thing is great. What am I going to wear to work tomorrow? (Grabs random shirt). Yeah, that'll do. I'm baffled by the shoe thing as well - I'm unusual for a man in that I have about five pairs. And one of those really needs throwing out.

Truth time; I have upwards of 15 pairs of shoes. They have their own cupboard...

I may have to go the opposite of some of the comments. Yes, it's great to be able to stumble out of the house in a shirt and random jeans any day of the year. But, there is nothing more manly for me than looking good in a power tie and a sharp cut suit. Making moves is manly.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Truth time; I have upwards of 15 pairs of shoes. They have their own cupboard...

I may have to go the opposite of some of the comments. Yes, it's great to be able to stumble out of the house in a shirt and random jeans any day of the year. But, there is nothing more manly for me than looking good in a power tie and a sharp cut suit. Making moves is manly.

I'd have to agree with seth. I've found that as I lost weight and got fitter my grooming and clothing skills increased as well. I still wear the jeans and polos most days but I've started to wear slacks and polos and the occasional button down to work. (Still need to work on getting a new suit since my old one is way too big with no hope of tailoring to fix it)

It's a confidence thing.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Peeing Standing up is always a good thing, but I think the Wood/Boner was always something as a salute to us men, I'm certain that at one point or another, we've stood there 'Saluting' and just enjoying the moment.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Peeing Standing up is always a good thing, but I think the Wood/Boner was always something as a salute to us men, I'm certain that at one point or another, we've stood there 'Saluting' and just enjoying the moment.

Let me get this straight - are you saying what you enjoy is literally just standing in one place whilst erect?

mid_dbz___bro_fist__286.jpg

Valar Morghulis
Let me get this straight - are you saying what you enjoy is literally just standing in one place whilst erect?

mid_dbz___bro_fist__286.jpg

.... Yes.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

That I used to be able to freak out my ex-wife by throwing my ex-wife *way* high into the air while she screamed happily. Good times.

T,FTFY

I enjoy having 3 pairs of jeans that can last me for two weeks without having to wash, and not needing a walk-in closet to house my clothes.

The fact that just about ANY sport is simply BUILT into my DNA. I can throw a spiral without thinking about it.

Peeing standing up, as said before, is quite awesome indeed. I should appreciate it more than I do.

Also, we get to enjoy boobs. Boobs are awesome.

All of this. Except for basketball. I'm 5'7 and white. I'm simply not equipped for that sport.

We get to enjoy boobs too . They are there 24/7 :)

Ok I'm leaving , sorry ..

Yeah, but it's like a treat for us. Literally like unwrapping Christmas presents. ;)

Eating. So many girls eat salads and just blech. I lift hard, I eat whatever the hell I want, and while I don't have a six pack *yet*, I still look pretty good naked. Nine pounds of pulled pork in the crock pot? Yes please.

My life. My dreams.

http://dreambigsquatbigger.blogspot.com Hey! I'm actually updating this thing now

Being able to use my muscles/skills to help someone else, particularly my wife or kids. Hard to beat being the protector, provider, fixer.

Being a father. Also hard to beat having sleepy little arms thrown around your neck (I know the women get that too, but its special when you're a dad).

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Nine pounds of pulled pork in the crock pot?

Not sure...

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

Rational thinking, peeing standing up, larger potential for strength gains...

But most of all the fact that my hair is like it is now when I get out of bed in the morning. I need 5 minutes tops if I have to put in my contacts. Otherwise it's 3 minutes.

SO: OH SHIT HONEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU HAVE A VIDEO MEETING IN 15 MINUTES AND ARE STILL LYING IN BED!!!

Man: *Turns around for another 10 minutes of blissful sleep*

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

SO: OH SHIT HONEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU HAVE A VIDEO MEETING IN 15 MINUTES AND ARE STILL LYING IN BED!!!

Man: *Turns around for another 10 minutes of blissful sleep*

The luxury of looking normal by putting on random clothes and swipe a comb through your hair (optional) in a couple of minutes. :D
One word.....beards.

Beards are pretty awesome, instantly shows signs of wisdom, or crazy, in either case, they always add a nice touch to one's image

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

That girls are, for the majority, attracted to our sex is a bonus ^u^

And... you know how females have more 'grey matter' in their brain which allows them the ability to multi-task better? Yeah, I got like zilch because I have no multi-tasking ability at all. Not that I mind too much as the trade off is that I have a focus that can allow me to pick up a subject faster than some (but of course, this is generalizations, as the ratios and inner workings of the brain shift between each individual)

On a final note, yes, peeing standing up is very worthwhile. Makes it much easier to be a 'woodsman' and go camping an the like. The Girl-scouts are nice and all, but they can't compare to the ruggedness of the Boyscouts (I'm an Eagle Scout).

Oh, and if I ever get teleported back in time I can both not fear sexual discrimination AND start a revolution for women's rights all at the same time ^.^ (as opposed to a woman who would have a much more difficult time if they were teleported back in time)

i can't believe none of ya'll have mentioned that men tend to get better (more distinguished) looking as they get older...while women tend to peak and fade. i'm so jealous of ya'll for that.

That bears some ties with the Beard statement.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

(I ain't got no beard) FTW! no time wasted shaving!

The ability to take rodents and spiders outside without shrieking and maybe even tearing up.

The ability to change a lightbulb or the brakes on my car.

To be able to play rugby and get up from a big hit.

To be a dad.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

The ability to take rodents and spiders outside without shrieking and maybe even tearing up.

The ability to change a lightbulb or the brakes on my car.

Okay, I've tried to refrain from posting here (out of respect for this being a men's thread), but this one just cracked me up! I used to have to kill spiders for my guy friends in college... not all guys can handle spiders and rodents(and not all girls freak out). Also, I'm not a pro at working on cars AT ALL (I wish I knew more, but have yet to learn), but I can change my lights and tires at least. I could even put them on the rims if I had the right tools... but I may be an anomaly.

Also, for the record, I'm glad I was never a girl scout. I can go without showering for a week as well as any guy.... and face a grizzly bear if I have to.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Okay, I've tried to refrain from posting here (out of respect for this being a men's thread), but this one just cracked me up! I used to have to kill spiders for my guy friends in college... not all guys can handle spiders and rodents(and not all girls freak out). Also, I'm not a pro at working on cars AT ALL (I wish I knew more, but have yet to learn), but I can change my lights and tires at least. I could even put them on the rims if I had the right tools... but I may be an anomaly.

Also, for the record, I'm glad I was never a girl scout. I can go without showering for a week as well as any guy.... and face a grizzly bear if I have to.

I am an absolute wuss when it comes to spiders and other poisonous creatures.. and I live in Australia.

I think the biggest advantage to being a man is not having to wear really uncomfortable clothes =)

My wife is quite anomalous. She made our bed (literally... made it, out of dimensional wood and lag screws and glue and a really nice faux-antique finish), fixed our dryer (took it apart and put it back together) and she manages a 38 acre farm.

And she still screams and makes me goosh spiders that are the size of a grain of rice.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.