Questing in the Middle Kingdom

Greetings fellow adventurers!

I am a long-term Beijing resident but originally hail from the bay area in central California.  I used to be fairly fit years ago, but after 15+ years sitting in an office I got pudgy.  When my son started referring to me as his "big bellied dad" I decided to do something about it.  I started with some running a couple of years ago and then added in some strength training and some flatland BMX and eventually got back to about where I was 15 years ago.

Then I had to ask myself "now what?" so I started looking around for fun ways to keep active and came across Nerd Fitness.  I liked the concept because 1) I am kind of nerdy and 2) fitness!.  The idea of turning fitness into an RPG  brought back fun memories of playing D&D and Warhammer40K when I was younger so I signed up.

I am currently focusing on calisthenics and parkour, and trying to keep some of the BMX going as well, so I guess that means I will be looking to find an apprenticeship in the Assassins Guild.  My goals are not so much to lose weight or gain muscle but to have fun and be able to show off a bit (as a white guy in China everyone is staring at me anyway, might as well have something cool to throw down!)

I look forward to getting to know the rest of the NF crew!

Cheers

• Like 6
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I have my challenge going in the Rebels now, but looking forward to submitting my Assassin apprenticeship application soon

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Hey @WhiteGhost!  Welcome, I hope you like it here, it's a great community and I think you'll find lots of good help and advice.  I love your attitude, focusing on having fun is probably the best attitude towards health/fitness there is.  It's certainly a lot better than focusing on losing weight or gaining muscle, though those things will probably hapeen as a side benefit anyway. 

Good luck with your challenge!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously