Hello everyone!

Many years ago I was on here regularly while I was trying to get in shape for my wedding. And, I was pretty successful! But, a lot has happened since then. I moved to CO (from GA), ended up getting divorced a couple of years later, started a business that I poured all of my money into and failed, spent a little bit of time being a vagabond, and generally just a depressed drunk. Anywho, sob story out of the way, I've decided it's time I got my life back together and a big part of that is getting in shape. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that!

So, I figured I'd reintroduce myself and get reacquainted with Nerd Fitness! Hopefully it's still as useful and supportive as it was before! I'm looking forward to the challenges and accountability. On that note, attached are a few pictures of me as of today, which will hopefully keep me motivated to actually do this thing!

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_8322.JPG

IMG_9715.JPG

Level 3 Assassin

STR: 7 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

Hey!  Sorry to hear things didn't work out, you've shown a lot of determination though and I'm sure you can turn things around.  There have been a few changes over the last couple of years so if you need any help or advice then just ask. 

Taking progress pics is an amazing tool, good on you for doing that.  Can I just say one thing about your pics?  I think the biggest issue there is actually your posture, because your physique really isn't that bad.  Your shoulders are coming forward and you have a bit of a pelvic tilt, which makes it look like your belly is sticking out more than it really is.  I think if you were standing straight you would see a big difference.  I'll post a couple of my own progress pics to show you the difference posture can make...

(I hope that worked)

Do you see the difference in the pelvic angle?  I'm sticking my tailbone out in the first pic which made my belly stick out, and it's much more "tucked" in the second making me look flatter.  If you imagine a line from my knee to my belly button you can see how the angle of my mid section is far less in the second photo. 

Sorry, I know you weren't asking about any of that but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case. ;) 

If you need any help or there's anything you want to ask about then just holler.  All the best. 

Guzzi

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

@Guzzi - the pictures didn't post

And welcome back Cameron!!! Sorry things got rough for you, but glad you are taking the steps to turn things back around.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Taking progress pics is an amazing tool, good on you for doing that.  Can I just say one thing about your pics?  I think the biggest issue there is actually your posture, because your physique really isn't that bad.  Your shoulders are coming forward and you have a bit of a pelvic tilt, which makes it look like your belly is sticking out more than it really is.  I think if you were standing straight you would see a big difference.  I'll post a couple of my own progress pics to show you the difference posture can make...

(I hope that worked)

Pictures didn't seem to work, but I do get what you're saying. Many years of working hunched over a computer desk = bad posture. I'll have to look into improving that. But, thank you! I don't think I'm in terrible shape, but definitely not where I want to be. Luckily I have a pretty clear idea of where I want to be and how to get there, just gotta work towards it!

4 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

@Guzzi - the pictures didn't post

And welcome back Cameron!!! Sorry things got rough for you, but glad you are taking the steps to turn things back around.

Thank you! I'm trying not to take on too many changes too quickly (don't want to get overwhelmed), but I think fitness is a big part of getting my mind in the right place. I'm looking forward to following the challenges here to stay motivated!

• Like 1

Level 3 Assassin

STR: 7 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

21 hours ago, Cameron said:

Pictures didn't seem to work, but I do get what you're saying. Many years of working hunched over a computer desk = bad posture. I'll have to look into improving that. But, thank you!

Oh poop!  Never mind. :D 

Yeah, riding a desk 9-5 will do that to you, but it's something that most of us have to some degree anyway.  I was looking for a great shoulder mobility video that someone shared with me but I just can't seem to find it, if you just google shoulder mobility you will find something similar.  If you're planning on starting lifting (anything above your head in particular) then definitely look into it, it will make a big difference. ;) 

21 hours ago, Cameron said:

I don't think I'm in terrible shape, but definitely not where I want to be. Luckily I have a pretty clear idea of where I want to be and how to get there, just gotta work towards it!

Im sure you will get there too, best of luck. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously