• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SymphonicDan

[SymphonicDan] and the huge Barcelona challenge [May 5th onwards]

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

This is very true for me as well! You can't be on top every day, and forcing yourself will just lead to burnout. If you feel you have too many of these days then it's a different story, but I really don't think that's the case. 

When this happens to me it's usually because my meals haven't been big enough and I end up in an endless snack cycle. Or hormones. But you don't get that excuse. :P 

I think your assessment is correct... maybe 2 lame days per week, counterbalanced by some pretty active days. And I do the same thing with food.... or eating too much and not enough water and then just feeling lethargic.

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh and what happened to that mango in the end? I'm also a fan of peeling it and putting it in your mouth, but mango sticky rice is soooo goo. I also like to put it in salads and slaws. 

The important question! I cut it open and shared it with my parents, scooping out the inside with a spoon. And then washed my hands because I had the centre bit around the stone and the juice was messy :P

Yesterday it was good weather so I went out for a quick bike ride around my suburb, but took a detour down some random country road and ended up in the village of Meriden (claims to be the exact centre of Britain, by one of the many possible mathematical definitions of "centre") 6km away... but that was fun :) And I didn't have my phone with me so I had to guess the way back haha. Did you know that in the Dark Ages before smartphones, everyone used to just be lost all the time because there was no way of navigating?

Oh also I have a new challenge!

• Like 2

On 2/7/2017 at 10:24 PM, SymphonicDan said:

And I didn't have my phone with me so I had to guess the way back haha. Did you know that in the Dark Ages before smartphones, everyone used to just be lost all the time because there was no way of navigating?

I think that used to be fun.