Shadri - Battle Log

Hey friends :) I'm gonna chill out in the battle logs for a while. Final exams are this week, so once those are over with, I'll come up with an Official Plan! I'm traveling for an internship again this summer, and I anticipate being pretty busy with that; so I'm gonna make nutrition and mental health my main focus. 

• Like 3

My semester is OVERRRRR~

I had my classical mechanics exam today. I feel surprisingly good about it! The midterm was a complete curveball, so I was pretty nervous going into the final; but I am pretty confident that I did well, and I am very confident that I passed. Now all of my classes are complete! SUMMERTIME BEGIN---

There are 12 days until I get onto an AIRPLANE by mySELF - for a summer internship, yay! In those twelve days, I'd like to/need to accomplish the following:

~ Read the background material for my internship

~ Finish ALL my laundry, and pick things to donate

~ Shred all my papers that need shredding

~ Turn in my work key

~ Come up with a meal plan for the summer

~ Buy my boyfriend's birthday present & mom's mother's day present
~ Figure out what I'm going to pack

~ Make sure my suitcase and carryon are the right size and weight

~ Online check-in for my flight on Friday the 19th (v. important!!!)

I'm taking a couple weeks of Complete Relaxation. Once I get through my last 3 days of work, I'll be visiting various friends and family for fully 2 weeks! After that, my internship begins. My rough plan at that point is:

~ Read my Bible every morning

~ Eat healthy (meaning, mostly paleo) food, and start tracking food in MFP again

~ Spend time 3 nights per week studying (internship stuff, quantum mechanics, GRE prep)

~ Do yoga 3 nights per week

• Like 5

Yay summer!! Congratulations on making it through the semester. :)

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On May 9, 2017 at 8:14 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Yay summer!! Congratulations on making it through the semester. :)

Thank you! Only one semester to go, now :D (well, and 6 more years, but I'll think about that particular terror later)

On May 8, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Shadri said:

~ Read the background material for my internship

~ Finish ALL my laundry, and pick things to donate

~ Shred all my papers that need shredding

[x] Turn in my work key

[x] Come up with a meal plan for the summer

~ Buy my boyfriend's birthday present & mom's mother's day present
~ Figure out what I'm going to pack

~ Make sure my suitcase and carryon are the right size and weight

~ Online check-in for my flight on Friday the 19th (v. important!!!)

2 things crossed off my list so far! The meal plan is... Well, depressingly basic. I love cooking, but I can't think of more than 3 recipes to cook. I'm leaving that one open to addition of new ideas later on. 

Tonight's tasks will be to do more laundry and start reading the background material for my internship. It's okay if I don't finish these things, I just need to start. 

• Like 2

I love finding new recipes! I will definitely go dig up some recipes to share with you :) 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

OH MA GERD WHY CAN I NOT MANAGE TO STAY UP TO DATE ON THIS WEBSITE

JUDAS PRIEST

AND NOW THE CHALLENGE IS OVERRRRR UGH

I think I'll just follow all your new challenges instead of trying to catch up. Sorry. :P

~~~~~

Anyway, hi y'all. I am now in [redacted] staying with my grandpa waiting for my internship to begin. I managed to do most of the stuff on my checklist before I left? But there are a few things I didn't get to. The plane ride went shockingly well - I was panicking the entire car ride to the airport, but once I got inside I was totally cool and collected. 

Before I got to my grandpa's house, I stayed with a friend of mine who lives kinda sorta nearby, and she took me to the BEACH~ 

Spoiler

I'll be moving into the apartment provided by my internship on MONDAY which is pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to having some routine in my life again. The past couple weeks have been a mushy blob consisting mostly of sleep.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shadri said:

OH MA GERD WHY CAN I NOT MANAGE TO STAY UP TO DATE ON THIS WEBSITE

JUDAS PRIEST

AND NOW THE CHALLENGE IS OVERRRRR UGH

I think I'll just follow all your new challenges instead of trying to catch up. Sorry. :P

~~~~~

Anyway, hi y'all. I am now in [redacted] staying with my grandpa waiting for my internship to begin. I managed to do most of the stuff on my checklist before I left? But there are a few things I didn't get to. The plane ride went shockingly well - I was panicking the entire car ride to the airport, but once I got inside I was totally cool and collected. 

Before I got to my grandpa's house, I stayed with a friend of mine who lives kinda sorta nearby, and she took me to the BEACH~ 

Reveal hidden contents

I'll be moving into the apartment provided by my internship on MONDAY which is pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to having some routine in my life again. The past couple weeks have been a mushy blob consisting mostly of sleep.

I'm so excited for you Shadri! Life is so exciting for you right now :) You're always welcome to email or message me if you need a friend (I definitely know a lot about drastic change right now!) 

I'm probably doing the new challenge starting sunday tbh! I'll let you know where my new challenge is. 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

On May 26, 2017 at 10:53 AM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I'm so excited for you Shadri! Life is so exciting for you right now :) You're always welcome to email or message me if you need a friend (I definitely know a lot about drastic change right now!) 

I'm probably doing the new challenge starting sunday tbh! I'll let you know where my new challenge is. 

Yes, I'm very excited! :D Thank you so much, I appreciate you. 

I'll keep an eye out for it! ^_^ 

~~~~~

Spending time with my grandpa is much quieter and more relaxing than spending time with my friend. I love her to death, don't get me wrong, but she had so many things to show me around where she lived and it was very busy and tiring :P I'm enjoying the slow life right now. And enjoying having plentiful food. ;P

I thought about trying to come up with a to-do list for this week, but since I'll be moving into my apartment and whatnot, I don't even know what to put on it besides grocery shopping. I'll think about it more tomorrow, maybe.

• Like 3
On 5/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, Shadri said:

Thank you! Only one semester to go, now :D (well, and 6 more years, but I'll think about that particular terror later)

2 things crossed off my list so far! The meal plan is... Well, depressingly basic. I love cooking, but I can't think of more than 3 recipes to cook. I'm leaving that one open to addition of new ideas later on. 

Tonight's tasks will be to do more laundry and start reading the background material for my internship. It's okay if I don't finish these things, I just need to start. 

Easy recipe:  (We just tried it, and yum)

chicken-bacon-ranch-foil-packs

I added more bacon (of course!  MOAR BACON), and a touch more cheese (basically didn't measure) and a bit more broccoli.  Had to drain some juiciness off before eating, but the flavors meld nicely.  I filleted the chicken, but you could prolly just use thin sliced breasts.

• Like 2

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

3 hours ago, Rinna said:

Easy recipe:  (We just tried it, and yum)

chicken-bacon-ranch-foil-packs

I added more bacon (of course!  MOAR BACON), and a touch more cheese (basically didn't measure) and a bit more broccoli.  Had to drain some juiciness off before eating, but the flavors meld nicely.  I filleted the chicken, but you could prolly just use thin sliced breasts.

Mmmm and thats modifiable into any meat-veggie-flavor combo you want! Thanksh mom, will try <3 (assuming we have sufficient cooking supplies in le apartment)

• Like 2

Okay, so here's a smol to-do list/schedule I came up with, with things going on this week:

Today:

- Laundry

- Grocery list

- Pack up my belongings (aka try to fit them all back in the suitcase)

- Look up directions to the apartment & grocery store

Monday:

- Move-in day (!!!)

- Grocery shopping

Tuesday: 

- Campus tour

Wednesday:

- Lab safety class

Friday:

- Lecture

Saturday:

- Research program barbecue

I'll add things as they come up, cos I don't know what else to put on my list. I don't know what I don't know. :P I'm getting nervous, but also very excited!

• Like 3
On May 28, 2017 at 7:53 PM, Shadri said:

Sunday:

- Laundry

- Grocery list

- Pack up my belongings (aka try to fit them all back in the suitcase) done on Monday instead

- Look up directions to the apartment & grocery store

Monday:

- Move-in day (!!!)

- Grocery shopping

Tuesday: 

- Campus tour

Wednesday:

- Lab safety class

Friday:

- Lecture

Saturday:

- Research program barbecue

AAAH I'M HERE

~ I'm 99% moved in!!! There's just a few more things I have to find a place for. But most of my stuff has a home now. I bought a collapsible laundry hamper and a hanging storage thingy for my closet, since there is NO STORAGE IN THIS PLACE. I thought they'd include a dresser or a desk or something?? NOPE. But the hanging dealio seems to have solved 99% of my storage conundrum. It's actually a pretty cozy space now. I like it. And my roommates seem pretty cool so far. And I inadvertently got the biggest bed. >:) Hey, my roommate could have picked it, since she got here first, but she didn't.

~ I have (what I hope is) a whole week's worth of groceries!! I have appropriated 1/4 of the fridge, probably close 1/2 of the freezer, and almost a whole cabinet! I even bought tupperware!! It's called a "salad set" - a big one for the salad, a medium one for toppings I guess but I'm gonna use it for snacks, and a teeny one for dressing. YES. I love tupperwares. And perfect for my meal plan which you can see below.

Here is my meal plan for the week:

Spoiler

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with refried beans (a surprisingly good combo)

Lunch: Salad with boiled eggs, cucumber, bell pepper, and olive oil/apple cider vinegar for dressing

Snacks: bananas, walnuts, olives

Dinner: chicken something? It's called "chicken tenderloins" I think but they look pretty much like chicken breasts or chicken tenders or something... anyway, in a foil packet per Rinna's recipe above, with california vegetable mix, and sweet potatoes which I will attempt to cook in the microwave. If that fails, then I'll roast them along with the chicken packets.

This week also is when I begin to implement my GOALS:

Spoiler

1. Read Bible every morning

2. Eat (mostly) paleo

3. Yoga 3x/week

4. Studying/intellectual endeavors 3x/week

I went swimming today, and actually sort of exerted myself, so I'm going to count that as a yoga day, since this is gonna be a weird week of transitions anyway, it's okay if I'm not 100% on the routine yet.

To-do list for tomorrow:

Spoiler

- Read Bible

- PUT OUT CHICKEN & VEG TO THAW IN THE MORNING

- campus tour - meet at 9:30, meet with faculty mentor (free lunch, yiss)

- boil some eggs when I get home, prep salad stuff for Wednesday

- Read some of the papers my professor sent me in preparation for the research project (1 hour minimum)

• Like 2
On May 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Shadri said:

- Read Bible

- PUT OUT CHICKEN & VEG TO THAW IN THE MORNING

- campus tour - meet at 9:30, meet with faculty mentor (free lunch, yiss)

- boil some eggs when I get home, prep salad stuff for Wednesday

- Read some of the papers my professor sent me in preparation for the research project (1 hour minimum)

Did everything except for reading papers. I was way too tired by the time I was done cooking dinner. Between our campus tour and all the other walking around I did yesterday, it added up to over 6 miles. WHEW. My legs are sore today... and unfortunately it is a mile walk back to my office. Uphill. :P Oh, fun times.

Also, I think I might be literally melting. Freakin' humidity.

It has been quite fun cooking for myself so far. Breakfast is hard, cos I am not a morning person. But it's delicious, so it's worth it. Dinner was a little nerve-wracking last night, cos my chicken and veg didn't thaw out all the way in the fridge, so I had to defrost it a little in the microwave, but it came out really really good. Even considering the fact that the only things I had to flavor it with were olive oil and apple cider vinegar. I've added some spices to this week's grocery list, though. :P I also successfully-ish baked half a sweet potato in the microwave! I nuked it just a hair too long, cos it was a little crusty around the edges, but I was still able to get most of the flesh out. Throw some butter on that bad boy, mmm dang. I ate good. I used these instructions, for those curious. I tried 3 minutes per side; tonight I'm gonna try 3 minutes on the first side and 2.5 minutes on the second side, and see how that goes.

Today's to-do list:

- Read Bible

- Get univeristy login created

- Try to get Solidworks set up on my computer

- Lab safety class 1:00

- Read some of those dang papers!! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Shadri said:

- Read Bible

- Get univeristy login created

- Try to get Solidworks set up on my computer

- Lab safety class 1:00

- Read some of those dang papers!! 

Once again, papers left unread. I did do a bunch of Solidworks tutorials though. When the tutorials are actually good, it's remarkably fun. The first tutorial I tried was awful. Poorly written and outdated. I thought I was gonna hate learning this program, but then I found a second tutorial which made much more sense and I felt really accomplished and confident when I finished it.

Food has been interesting. I don't think I'm getting quite enough, between the heat and all the walking (almost four miles today), so instead of trying to foist off the chips and oreos that my grandma forced me to take from her pantry when I left her house, I am going to actually eat them for some extra calories until I can get to a grocery store and get some other healthier snacks. I think peanut butter should definitely be on my grocery list somewhere. :3

Also, I put my chicken in the fridge last night rather than this morning, in the hopes it would thaw fully by dinner time, and it seemed fully thawed, but when I took it out of the oven, half of it was cooked and half of it was still practically raw! I put the whole packet in the oven for another five minutes or so, and then I put just the chicken in the microwave by itself for another minute or two... just to make sure. It came out alright.

Tried to video chat with my boyfriend... I video chatted with my parents yesterday and it worked fine, but now suddenly the connection is terrible, and now I am more bummed than I was before we called. So I'm gonna listen to some calming music, try not to be as bummed, get some sleep, and try to video chat with him again from the school wifi instead of the apartment wifi and see if that's any better.

To-do list for tomorrow:

- Read Bible

- Put chicken out to thaw in the morning

- Prepare lunch, see if someone will lend me a baggie for chips

- Bring some headphones to school, so I can do...

- ...Solidworks tutorials for most of the day, probably

- Defrost the chicken in the microwave BEFORE I put it in the oven, to avoid a repeat of today's fiasco

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shadri said:

Thursday Morning Feels - "but I've been eating healthier for like 3 days now??"

lIHt0n6.png

This is me in a nutshell tbh

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

On 6/1/2017 at 7:21 AM, Shadri said:

Thursday Morning Feels - "but I've been eating healthier for like 3 days now??"

lIHt0n6.png

Totally this.  Esp. when I go to dress for the ladies tea, and none of my bleeping dresses fit......and I don't own dress slacks.     Clothes wrong, makeup wrong, hair....nope, nope, noppity nope......So enter complete female meltdown. Danger, danger Will Robinson.

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

On June 1, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Found you. Following along.

hai :panda: 

On June 1, 2017 at 11:33 AM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

This is me in a nutshell tbh

*sigh* 

We can defeat this stumbling block in our lives!!!

On June 4, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Rinna said:

Totally this.  Esp. when I go to dress for the ladies tea, and none of my bleeping dresses fit......and I don't own dress slacks.     Clothes wrong, makeup wrong, hair....nope, nope, noppity nope......So enter complete female meltdown. Danger, danger Will Robinson.

:( Aw dang, I'm sorry... 

23 hours ago, maegs said:

If you're thawing out the chicken for dinner, instead of putting it out in the morning maybe try putting it in the fridge the night before? I find that if I do that when I'm cooking dinner (e.g. cooking dinner Monday, put the meat for Tuesday in the fridge) it gives it enough time to thaw out

I tried that, and it was still partially frozen the next evening xD oh dear. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Fell off the radar again for a couple days. Oops. I got really zombie-level tired toward the end of last week... This new time zone is really doing me in. Thought I was a non-morning-person before?? I slept in 45 minutes past my alarm this morning. xD

I have been not doing so well on the food front.

Or the Bible front.

Or the yoga front.

Or the studying front.

UGH.

I'm so tired right from the get-go that by the time we get back to the apartment in the evenings, I'm completely wiped out. I gotta start setting firm time allotments. Maybe yell at myself a little, mentally. Play motivational speeches on repeat all day. I dunno. I need to do something, though, because I definitely have Noticeable Pudge now, and my self-esteem is wanting to hide under a blanket in the closet in the basement. And combined with my old friend Imposter Syndrome, who is here to visit once again while I'm at my internship, telling me that I'm not good enough and I've forgotten everything I ever learned ever and no one wants me here, I just... ugh. I try not to listen, but it does get hard.

TODAY -

- I forgot to read my Bible so I have just now put it on my pillow so that I will remember to at least read it before I go to sleep. HA.

- I did a bad with food - I went out to lunch with my office-mates... after already eating the lunch I packed!! Argh. It wasn't bad food, but it was a LOT of food.

- I DID, however, redeem the evening by doing a yoga video finally! It was Water A, the easiest of the yoga videos, but I am proud of myself because I DID it. I was so tempted to just lay in bed and watch YouTube videos until bedtime, but I didn't. I did the frackin' yoga. Points for me.

Okay, Bible reading and then bed time. I am tired.

To-do list for tomorrow, since to-do lists seem to work fairly well:

Spoiler

- Read Bible

- Put food out to thaw

- Find some video tutorials to follow for CST Studio

- Re-read chapter 9 from my E&M textbook

- Put away my laundry

- Do some studying when I get home... topic TBD.

• Like 2
On 6/6/2017 at 6:40 AM, Shadri said:

Tiny xD thats the frustrating part. I did have it also with frozen veggies though, so I imagine that doesn't help. 

If they're not defrosted yet, you can also usually defrost them in the microwave. The texture's not quite as good as if you defrost them in the fridge, but it works fine in a pinch!

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.