Tech nerd looking to combine gadgets and fitness!

Hi everyone! 

I'm the kind of person who spends free time scrolling through Kickstarter looking for cool new fitness related tech gadgets. I'm really curious about how people use technology to enhance the workouts, get more motivated and track their progress. I'm hoping to find cool things people have already found, as well as share some of my own! I'm a real sucker for cool toys :) Seems like the right kind of place! 

Sam  

• Like 2

This is fairly low tech, however, its a lot of fun and it quite frankly kicks ass.  With phones these days, who wants a computer placed on a piece of equipment.  Get a good watch with HRT, movement tracking and you are all set.  I would be open to suggestion on what one might do to add motion sensors to it, to make it interactive with some form of video game.  www.totalwavefitness.com check it out on YouTimg-9376.jpg?t=1493592791ube.

Take a look let me know what you think.  I think this would seriously answer the question you asked.

• Like 1

Hey, welcome on board!  Have you had a chance to look round the rest of the forum yet?  It's a big place and can be intimidating but it's fairly easy to navigate once you get the hang of it.  Let me know if I can help you at all.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey and welcome! For me (and I know this is sort of small and silly) getting a FitBit REALLY made a difference in my life and helped me become more aware of my health and want to improve my fitness and strength. So I def appreciate the intersection of tech and fitness! I'd love to hear more about some of the tech you've found that you like. I am glad you are here!

• Like 1

Hope | Level 0 [135xp] | Druidess

Epic Quest Log | Daily Battle Log

Current Challenge: Hope ventures inward

Goodreads | MFP | FitBit

Totally, anything that reminds, engages, or encourages you to do more is awesome.  If you remember the Heart Rate Monitors on machines, those are getting to be more of an antiquated relic with the advent of the phone and software that you can take with you. The Fitbit and others are encouragement on your wrist. Pipe the info to your phone and you can see your accomplishments for the day, week, month and year.  It's wild what we can do and see today.  So whether you jog, walk, use a treadmill or work on something like the TotalWave, you have the incentive to do more and challenge yourself.

• Like 1