How do Pixie's Respawn?

So, a year ago, I was all motivated and raring to go.  And then... Honestly, I don't even know what happened, but I apparently phased out of motivation existence.  But now I'm back!  At least, I'm trying to be.

Last week, we lost my 86 year old grandmother.  She was ready, she talked with my grandfather (who passed away a few years back), her mother, and was at peace.  She passed away a day before her and my grandfather's anniversary.  Overall, I'm pretty okay, but I can see some ways that I'm mourning and grieving that don't include crying, and those include actually WANTING to do something to keep me going.

I also have a son graduating from high school in 2 weeks.  Yikes.  I'm totally not ready for this.

So much going on.  So what better thing to do than add something else and recommit myself to health?!

Honestly, I think I'm looking for some way to stay sane, lol!

So, I'm trying to remember what I loved doing, and what I didn't.  I'm starting really easy, even if that means taking 10 minutes every day to walk around the block.  Gotta start somewhere, right?

• Like 1

Yikes, that's a lot of emotional blows in short succession. You're right that the best way to approach fitness after that is not to see it as an additional burden, but as a way to deal with life.

Good luck! Keep us posted! Or at least keep looking after yourself. Posting here is not a priority. :) 

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.