Alright so, no excuses...

I pretty much fell out of my workout and mental health routines.

Depression hit super hard and my workout never seemed to be going right.

this is my third attempt at typing this, the first two i pretty much abandoned half way through. 

I used to be pretty fit (not ripped, but fit) but i fell out of working out and just let my upper body go, i normally walk or bike everywhere to keep some fitness in my life , so my lower body never really suffered, it just lost definition not muscle.

My depression came about due to various issues but the biggest was a whirlwind romance that ended abruptly that i was neither ready to get into nor to end (if that makes sense)

and it caused me to lose a really great friend , and the whole thing is still a confusing blur to me.

Aside from that, i'm in the process of looking for a new place to live that will allow me to keep my dog (3 year old, black mouth cur), and i'm looking for a secondary job to hopefully be able to cover a place to live without needing roommates, because finding those arnt going so well either.  

I'm going to do my best to outline what i've been doing, maybe if anyone has suggestions or something feel free.

I'm in central florida (give you an idea of the terrain and weather).

As far as my workout goes, i'd alternate from pure cardio on days 1/3/5 and cardio/strength on days 2/4/6. day 7 is usually a rest or a whatever day (sometimes id do an extra strength day)

- For cardio days I normally ride a bike for about 20-30 miles, no set destination, and an additional mile or two if im working that day.  

My legs are pretty meaty and solid, no real definition though aside from calves, so thats probably all i'm wanting out of "leg days". 

- For my strength days i'm biking to work or to the store (only about a mile or two up and back) and i was starting to do free weight and body weight routines focusing on upper body.

I based my routine somewhat on the Beginner Body Weight routine from NF but i added a couple of things to push myself and exclude lower body targeting exercises

Warm up 

20 body weight squats.

Various stretching (lat stretches, triangle leg stretch , toe touches, etc)

15 jumping jacks

Workout (3 circuits) 

15 push ups

20 cross over sit ups

20 chest flies 

15 second plank

10 dumbbell rows (20lbs) 

30 sit ups

20 tricep kickbacks (20lbs)

10 leg lift hold (5 seconds each)

30 bench presses (50 lbs)

Cooldown 

10 minute yoga Seen here

Thats pretty much it as far as working out goes.

Along with messing up my workout, my depression has basically killed my social efforts and i couldn't sit through even 15 seconds of meditation without getting angry.

i'd given up on getting back into my art and other projects as well and i've never ate properly but i never ate like crap either, but lately i rarely have an appetite. 

So..... anyways.. that's my story and what i;ve been doing and whats been going on in my life...if anyone wants to help or has ideas, please feel free. 

• Like 2