Hey all, just reseting for the second or third time now.
I've been thinking about why I could make progress and quit mid progress.

I think the key was I took everything too quickly. I would cold turkey, breads, pasta, soda, and start going to the gym daily. 
Now that I have my wife on board with the nerdfitness program (note not just supportive but actively participating with me) And we've been working toward financial peace, I see that I really should slowly go through and change my default habits. 

I still don't know what class I should be. I'm a huge character creation fan, and I think this sums up my outlook on life. I like starting a whole bunch of stuffs with a lot of detail. But don't follow through well. I actually just finished my first project at my job and felt immensely proud!

So I'm taking this mindset  and working through like the Tortise. I would like to find out my class for rpg purposes as well as training purposes. 
I like the idea about being a younger Gandalf (The high level dex based fighter with a few tricks) I'm thinking this is probably Ranger, Monk, or Rebel. 

Also, neither my wife or I have social media so we can't join the Facebook group. I would like to find another accountability partner as well as someone who may have done something similar and exchange emails. 

Anyone have any questions? This week we are working through the mindset modules. We've been tracking food for a while so we are minimizing liquid calories and will start walking.

• Like 2

Welcome back @Gandalf!

On 5/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, Gandalf said:

I think the key was I took everything too quickly. I would cold turkey, breads, pasta, soda, and start going to the gym daily. 
Now that I have my wife on board with the nerdfitness program (note not just supportive but actively participating with me) And we've been working toward financial peace, I see that I really should slowly go through and change my default habits. 

I still don't know what class I should be. I'm a huge character creation fan, and I think this sums up my outlook on life. I like starting a whole bunch of stuffs with a lot of detail. But don't follow through well. I actually just finished my first project at my job and felt immensely proud!

So I'm taking this mindset  and working through like the Tortise. I would like to find out my class for rpg purposes as well as training purposes. 
I like the idea about being a younger Gandalf (The high level dex based fighter with a few tricks) I'm thinking this is probably Ranger, Monk, or Rebel. 

I'm the same way, I tend to bite off more than I can chew in a fit of inspiration and spit it out or choke later. This time coming back to it I started halfway through the four week challenge (so I only did a two week challenge) and gave myself embarrassingly easy goals that I knew I would try to weasel out of anyway. So far so good! 

Starting projects is the best part though... the number of times I've made a spreadsheet to track in excruciating detail the exact stats of the army I'm going to build in a video game is past the point of obsessive, all the way squarely in "just plain sad." Especially since I never follow through and actually BUILD the army (let alone beat the game, ugh). 

But as for which guild to join... whichever one you like! You can always switch later or even plan to switch regularly. A lot of people zip back and forth from one challenge to the next if they feel like they belong in multiple guilds. Even Steve considers himself a Bard, which you'll notice is not one of the available guilds! Figure out what your goals are and go from there. It's recommended that you do your first four week challenge with the Rebels no matter which guild you end up with, so why not start there?

Also, neither my wife or I have social media so we can't join the Facebook group. I would like to find another accountability partner as well as someone who may have done something similar and exchange emails. 

I would offer but I tend to be pretty bad at keeping up with email. If you want a text buddy though, send me a PM and we can exchange numbers. 

Anyone have any questions? 

Do YOU have any questions? Any other confusion about the forums, putting a routine together, finding support on NF, nutrition info? Let us know!

I saw your post in the Ranger Guild Hall and came over here to say welcome too.  I agree, starting slow is the smart way to go. Making changes is hard. You said your working toward financial peace. That's the name of a program by Dave Ramsey. Are you using it? We are using it. I love the practicality of it. Is your wife on NF too? What is her avatar name?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi fellow ranger! And yes we are in FPU now with our last class Monday and have loved it!

I finally convinced my wife to go along with the nerdfitness way because it worked once before and we both like to see proven no gimmick plan. ( hence the FPU ) 

She does not have a NF account :( 

She doesn't consider herself a nerd at all but is a Disney geek and I tried telling her that it doesn't matter if nerd or not. But no joining from her yet.

I will be setting up a Habitica for the four week challenge though and doing something simple just so I can say I finished one!

• Like 2