Personality Tests

Meyers-Briggs, Enneagram, Buzzfeed Quizzes,  heck even the zodiac 

I've always felt conflicted about them, I mean they kind of are reductionist by nature, however I adore putting things into boxes and categories (part of the reason I love the Guild system here on NF).

I'm a ENFP, and an enneagram 2
I find both the be really accurate, so I try to learn from the tips and stuff on them :P

What do you guys think of personality test? 

• Like 1

Meh.  Personality quizzes are entertaining, but not much better than horoscopes.  It's nice to know what flavor of ice cream or Disney princess I am, but I'm not actually made of ice cream, nor am I a Disney princess.  I get different results every time I take a MB quiz. 

My twin brother and I were born in the same room at nearly the same time, to the same parents no less. I doubt the stars could have shifted that much in the 2 minutes that passed between my first breath and his, yet we are opposites in nearly every way.  And the last time I read a horoscope, they were still counting Pluto as a planet, even though we now know there's a load of other tiny space rocks out there exactly like it.  So much for celestial influence.

They're occsionally useful or generating characters in my fiction writing, but as far as dealing with real people, there's no substitite for observation.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

My MB also changes every time I take the quiz. From observation (both self and external) it seems like I'm an ambivert, which isn't included in the MB results anyway. (MB quizzes that show your degree of rating something also usually put me at 40/60 or even 55/45 between I and E -- I'm just both, lol.) 

I do like personality tests and quizzes for fun and because the results are often quite fun to read. More fun is hearing other people talk about how accurate their results were, because it really makes you wonder, you know? ARE there really 16 types of people in the world? (I doubt it, but survey says...) 

I agree about putting things in boxes and categories though. I really like having labels, and while some people say they're limiting, I usually find they're a great way to build community. After all, if a label isn't working for you, you can always find a new one, but finding friends with similar interests is difficult when you're not sure how to describe what your interests are