Subject Dossier: TheJaysFlight

SUBJECT DOSSIER

Name: TheJaysFlight

TSRT Assessment:  Acceptable Risk; upgrade under consideration

Known aliases: Jay; the witch of the river; the walker in black

Height: 5'11" (estimated)

Summary: The Treason and Sedition Risk Tolerance Division has been notified of increased risk factors in regards to subject TheJaysFlight. Subject has been obese for over twenty years; sudden interest in wellness suggests unpatriotic attitudes at best, treasonous intent at worst. Subject was observed on 02 February 2017 making the first of several changes to their habits, presumably in effort to lose weight and increase physical stamina.  Progress has been noted in both diet and fitness. Details below.

DIET

Observation: Subject has reduced caloric intake, monitoring calories consumed using a tracking app and website, MyFitnessPal. Subject is losing weight steadily--progress to be recorded weekly in this dossier. Other patterns recognized: decreased restaurant patronage; increased produce spending.

Weight Loss Data

Starting weight: 281.6 lbs

Current weight: 239.6 lbs

Goal weight: 161 lbs

Lost, to date: 42.0 lbs (34.8%)

Lost, last 7 days: 2.2 lbs

FITNESS

Observation: Subject has developed and engaged in an interval-based running program with the apparent goal of increasing running stamina. Marked improvement has been observed--progress to be recorded weekly in this dossier. Other patterns recognized: frequent walks; hiking; spinning unknown objects in parks.

Running Data

Current plan: B2C, Plan 7(a)

Cumulative run time: 8 minutes

Walk time per interval: 2.75 minutes

Controlled run speed: 4.5 mph

Highest known speed: 6.6 mph

REMARKS

Recommendation: The Treason and Sedition Risk Tolerance Division recommends that this subject's TSRT assessment be upgraded from Acceptable Risk to Requires Monitoring for the following reasons: undesirable increase in health and physical capability; suspected interaction with known Seditionists; whatever those spinny things in the park are. They look dangerous.

• Like 1

River Witch, Scout

Current quest: Weigh 225 pounds by end of summer 2017 (SO CLOSE!)

Epic quest: Run the whole time in a charity 5k by 02 Feb 2018 (working on it)

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

Current Challenge, Previous Challenge

May 12 notes:

• Willpower is hard. I want to eat and eat and eat today. I blazed through the almonds I brought for a snack. The vending machines beckon.
  • Finally get to go running tonight. Haven't run since Monday. Getting antsy.
  • Casual Friday. Actually wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Feel very normal. Also feel very comfortable.
  • This has been the actual week from hell. Thank God it's almost over. Maybe I can go hiking tomorrow.
  • I want to learn to juggle!!
  • Like 1

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 13 notes:

• Didn't get to go running last night until 10 pm, which is when I usually go to bed. I was exhausted and it was hard, but I did it.
  • Spun my poi at the park today, but more exciting--I started learning to juggle!! I've given half-hearted attempts to learn several times over the years but this is the first time I've taken it sorta seriously. I started with one ball, getting the feel of it, making sure I could throw and catch consistently, then I went to two balls, throw-throw-catch-catch. That is much harder but I got pretty good at it! Then after a while I started getting worse at it and I decided practice was over for the day. I'm pleased with my progress!

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 14 notes:

• Day of rest.
  • Doing some housework, I can feel that my juggling practice was much more exercise than I thought--squatting time after time to pick up dropped balls gave my thighs one hell of a workout, and they are singing today!

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 15 notes:

• Running--2:15 intervals. Went fine. Knee twinging a little, will take it easy tomorrow.
  • Juggling--1 ball 10 mins, 2 balls 15 mins.
  • Didn't log my food today. Don't think I overate too badly.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 16 notes:

• No running on Tuesdays. Walking approx. 2 miles on breaks and lunch at work.
  • Maybe some juggling practice after work, if time permits.
  • Knee feels fine, but I'm sure moving slow today.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

DOSSIER UPDATE: 18 MAY 2017

Name: TheJaysFlight

TSRT Assessment:  Requires Monitoring

Known aliases: Jay; the witch of the river; the walker in black

Height: 5'11" (estimated)

Summary: The Treason and Sedition Risk Tolerance Division is continuing observation of subject TheJaysFlight. The recommended TSRT Assessment upgrade has been approved and executed by tertiary underchancellor of abstersion, C. Pertinax van Buren. Subject's unpatriotic and possibly dangerous behavior continues. Details below.

DIET

Observation: Subject's caloric intake continues to fall well under the official obesity maintenance recommended levels. Isolated incidents of apparently patriotic overconsumption are present, although it is the opinion of the observation team that the subject is working toward the elimination of these incidents. Subject persists in monitoring consumption using the still-legal application MyFitnessPal, also under common use by known Seditionists. The trend of this subject's weight loss is steady. In the last seven days a large amount of weight loss has occurred, although a consultant from the Department of Food and Leisure suggests that some of this may be explained by loss of water weight due to a lower than usual sodium intake which, although unpatriotic, is not technically of concern.

The data below is accurate as of 17 May 2017; subject has failed to encounter a concealed measurement tile today.

Weight Loss Data

Starting weight: 281.6 lbs

Current weight: 237.2 lbs

Goal weight: 161 lbs

Lost, to date: 44.4 lbs (36.8%)

Lost, last 7 days: 4.4 lbs

FITNESS

Observation: Subject has continued to engage in interval running, and stamina is increasing. The spinning objects have appeared only once since this dossier's creation and remain unidentified; the abovementioned DFL consultant has submitted an inquiry and will report back with her findings. Subject also seems to be learning to juggle for unknown reasons; juggling is not officially regarded as an undesirable activity, but it is weird and we don't like it.

Running Data

Current plan: B2C, Plan 9(a)

Cumulative run time: 8 minutes

Walk time per interval: 2 minutes

Controlled run speed: 4.5 mph

Highest known speed: 6.6 mph

REMARKS

Recommendation: It is the opinion of the Treason and Sedition Risk Tolerance Division that this subject Requires Monitoring for the following reasons: continued and undesirable increase in health and physical capability; suspected interaction with known Seditionists; juggling.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 18 notes:

• Writing the TSRT reports is fun as hell
  • Nonrunning day.
  • Hope to practice juggling tonight. Haha nope. Cleaning and laundry and fighting with my insurance company. And more cleaning. 

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 19 notes:

• Holy what?? May 19? That sounds fake, but okay.
  • Running interval training today is B2C Plan 9(a): 8 sets of 60 sec run / 105 sec walk.
  • Juggling practice? Hopefully?
  • Literally weighed myself this morning but forgot to log the number. I was dressed and fed before I realized I had forgotten the number. Jeez.

UPDATE: My nephew had a surprise piano recital so I didn't even get to go running. I'll do it tomorrow, nbd. 

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 22 notes:

• Running B2C Plan 9(b) today.
  • Haven't picked up my juggling balls in sixteen and a half million years. Hopefully tonight.
  • Gotten off track in logging my food on MFP, going to take that seriously this week.

EDIT: Holy crow, I just realized I'm finishing my B2C program this week. That means I'm starting C25K a week from today. Aaaahhh omg. I'm scared of it. I'm sure I'm ready for the first week, but after that things get intense and I'm freaking out a little.

I'll be fine. I designed my B2C well, and C25K specifically says to repeat weeks when necessary. I'll be fine. Holy crow. OMG.

EDIT: OMG when I finish losing my weight I want to learn to ride a unicycle!!! I've always wanted to do that!

• Like 1

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

Thanks! I tried the first day of C25K some time ago and found that I couldn't get through the second minute of running. Since I obviously wasn't at the Couch part of Couch to 5K, I created Bed to Couch!

It took me from about a minute and a half maximum run time to where I am now -- 8 one-minute intervals are no sweat for me now! I'm almost ready to start the real thing, but I'm definitely nervous about it. I'm in no hurry, though, and I'm determined!

As for unicycles -- I'm not even sure what the appeal is, I've just always wanted to do it! I was looking into it recently and decided it'd maybe be better to be at or near my goal weight, simply because unicycles for bigger people are more expensive! So that's just more motivation to keep shedding the weight.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

Cool. B2C is a funny name, it's cool it worked so well for you. My kids go to circus classes and I watch the unicycle kids with jealousy. I honestly don't know what I'd do for I did know how to unicycle, it's not like I'd take it to go to the store.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

May 26 notes:

• Today's will be the last running session before I officially begin Couch to 5k on Monday! The first three weeks will be fine, but week four and beyond are scaring the hell out of me. Oh well, one day at a time.
  • Really hope to get back to juggling practice tonight. My days have been unusually jam-packed lately.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 30 notes:

• ahaha my 3-day weekend threw me off big time. totally forgot to go running yesterday! I work late tonight but I'm gonna squeeze in my running after work. I'll just do Tuesday Thursday Saturday instead of Monday Wednesday Friday.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

May 31 notes:

• Completed the first day of Couch to 5K yesterday! That's the workout that I couldn't get more than a couple minutes into before hitting my limit. Proud of my progress.
  • Finally, a day with few obligations today. After work I'm wide open, aside from doing some cooking. TIME FOR JUGGLING
  • Like 1

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

June 2 notes:

• Not enough mental stamina to write a proper update.
  • Did C25K 1(b) yesterday and it was rough but I got through it. Same workout from earlier in the week, and it went fine that time, so I think it was just because I was tired and not feeling great. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
  • hahaha still haven't practiced juggling. I was so tired yesterday I basically died when I got home from my run. Maybe tonight? Maybe not.

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

Sooo it turns out I'm having a depressive episode and some things are falling to the wayside. But I'm still watching what I eat, and I am keeping up with my running program.

Starting weight: 281.6 lbs (04 Feb 2017)
Current weight: 233.4 lbs (07 Jun 2017)
Total loss: 48.2 lbs
Loss last week: 1.6 lbs

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal

June 8 notes:

• C25K 2.2 yesterday. I breezed right through it and it was over before I knew it. Nice change, Monday's run was tough.
  • Forgot to weigh myself this morning
  • I suspect my grocery store is about to stop stocking the yogurt I have for breakfast. It was all on clearance today for no discernible reason. I'm gonna stock the hell up when I get off work.
  • Like 1

River Witch, Scout

Daily Log, MyFitnessPal