• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aishah hope

Tracking XP on your character page

3 posts in this topic

Question about tracking XP on character page - how do people manage smaller day-to-day quests? Do you track them there? I'd like to because I think that would add to the gamification aspect, but it seems like completed quests aren't removed from  your page (and if you remove them I think it takes away the XP?) so it could get cluttered. Any tips for breaking down quests into steps or doing smaller daily/weekly quests using the NF character profile? Or alternatives that might be easier to manage? (I've thought about just using Excel or my EQ log here to track instead!)

If you're tracking somewhere else (say in a 4WC or an excel doc), one suggestion is to give yourself points for the daily things there, and then tally them all together for a single quest entry on your NF Character page. 

My NF Character page is a mess and I keep meaning to go in and clean it up, but... it's pretty low priority for me rn lol. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the setup (one long list scrolling down the page, you can't move entries around, you can't collapse epic quest lists, etc) but I do like tracking my experience and I am especially fond of leveling up! I think getting my character page in order so that I can earn that exp would be a great motivator. 

There is this whole thing, which kind of indicates smaller/daily quests shouldn't be explicitly listed in the first sub-level under Epic Quests, which jives with the whole clutter issue. 

2 people like this

Thanks for the heads up! That is super helpful. I think for right now I'm going to focus on tracking things in my Epic Quest and Battle Log threads here and not so much on the character page, the interface is making me twitchy. 

2 people like this