Ladylydia: Still Breathing

Ok.  Week 1 for a new 6 week course for me.  I've been completely ignoring the set 4 week challenges and following my own plan for 2017.  At this point, I'm so far off the regular challenge start and end times, it just makes more sense to go back to battle-logging. 

Here's the plan I've been following for this year: 

Jan. Feb & March- I'll be focusing on body weight cross training to build up my base line and get competent in movement again. The aim will be 15 mins. (or 12 to 16) in circuits or intervals; combining cardio and resistance. 3x a week.

April, May & June- The weather is gorgeous and I can't get enough of the outside. So I'll separate cardio and resistance to grow my endurance. My cardio will change to 15-20 min. of interval cardio, 3x a week, building back into running.  My resistance will change to specific set driven workouts of both body weight and weights, 3x a week. (aiming for 15-20 min. long).

July, August & September- It's hot and humid here, and I don't really want to be do anything more than hiking outside. So I'll be back in the air-conditioned gym doing 5/3/1 and short tabata cardio.  I usually do this only twice a week, but I'm thinking of adding a day to break up deadlifts and RDLs a bit and working towards applying the 5/3/1 approach to build pull ups as the third upper body. Cardio will change to short tabata sets, so i don't overheat by going longer.  My endurance runs on the previous cardio days will turn into distance walks/hiking.

October, November & December will cool off enough, and by then be habit enough, I can move back to endurance sets for both cardio and resistance.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

I am currently starting the second part of phase II; I gotta say the first part didn't go very well.  I was sick for a week, then my uncle was being taken off life support for a week, and then I was dealing with a funeral and family stuff for a week.  By the time I got past all of that, it was do difficult to jump back into things and  didn't accomplish anything during the rest of the part I.  I've since respawned and retooled the rest of phase II.

I am working on both muscle and cardio endurance.  So I'm splitting up my week into alternating cardio and body-weight days with a rest day on Fridays.  Last time I was trying to do a little of both on both days.  This time nothing but cardio on cardio days, and nothing but bodyweight/strength stuff on BW days.  

Cardio days: I'm following a walking to running program from darebee : http://darebee.com/running/from-walking-to-running.html   for my cardio.  But I'm only doing half of it. I'll pick the daily runs that seem the least monotonous and do them three days of the week.  Most of these are between 10-20 minutes, so on anything shorter then 15 min. I'll add in some tabata arms stuff to fill out time so workouts are around 20 min.  I'm walking 20-30 min three times a week. 

Strength days will be comprised of a BW or weighted circuit of no less than 15  reps for each exercise, a push up/squat/ pike press progression, (reps to increase by five weekly)  a daily dare from darebee, and some yoga training; all to re-build muscle endurance.  Time should between 15-30 min. 

GOALS:

1. Cardio-Walk- 3x a week;  

2. Strength  PLP- 3x a week. 

3. Progressions: Yoga: crow pose 3x a week

4. Carbs- less than 5  day

5. Water- 7 glasses a day

6. Sleep- 7.5 hours a night.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Week 1: Cardio- 1/3,  Strength- 1/3, Progressions-0/3,  Carbs- 2/7, Water- 1/7,  Sleep-0/7, 

Week 2: Cardio- 1/3,  Strength- 0/3, Progressions-0/3,  Carbs- 3/7, Water- 1/7,  Sleep-1/7, 

Week 3: Cardio- 2/3,  Strength- 0/3, Progressions-2/3,  Carbs- 4/7, Water- 1/7,  Sleep-3/7, 

Week 4: Cardio- 1/3,  Strength- 0/3, Progressions-0/3,  Carbs- 3/7, Water- 0/7,  Sleep-0/7, 

Week 5: Cardio- 1/3,  Strength- 0/3, Progressions-0/3,  Carbs- 1/7, Water- 0/7,  Sleep-0/7,  

Week 6: Cardio- 0/3,  Strength- 0/3, Progressions-0/3,  Carbs- 0/7, Water- 0/7,  Sleep-0/7, 

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Past Weekend....don't remember, Monday: did some yoga, Tuesday; nothing, spent the day with my mom taking her to and from appointments. Tonight: don't expect much, i have a trial tomorrow. Tomorrow night; I will run.  

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

So I had an epiphany yesterday. There was no point in trying to build running, if my walking isn't even up to par yet. Let me explain.

My fitness journey has been about seven years in the making, first I made amazing progress, then a series of unhealthy decisions, followed by recovery and good progress and then completely falling off the wagon and doing nothing.  

2010- started clean eating + walking for 10 min. a day -> 30 min. a day ->1 mile a day ->2 miles a day-> 3 miles a day -> 3 miles with push ups -> 3 miles w/ push ups & squats -> 3 miles 3x a week + a step class 2x a week-> step class 2x a week & 20 min. BW 5x a week. (2000 calories a day)

2011-3 miles-> 20 min. BW routines 6x a week -> 3 miles run/walk + 20-30 min. BW routines 6x a week. -> walk 3-5 miles a day, 12 min. stair runs 3x  a week-> walk 3-5 miles a day, 12 min. stair runs w/ 20 min. BW 2x a day -> walk-3-5 miles a day & 1.5-3 mile runs 2x week & 12 min. stair runs 2x a week & BW 5x a week (on less than 1800 calories a day).

2012- 1- 3 miles walks a day, 3 mile run/walks 3x week, 12 min. stair runs 5x a week & BW 7-9x a week, & consuming less than 1200 calories a day (I did this for about six months).  -> 1-3 mile walks a day, 3 mile run/walks 3x a week, 20-30 min. BW 3x  a week (2000 calories a day),

2013-1-3 mile walks a day, 3 mile run/walks 2x a week, 20-30 min. BW 3x  a week, 2 hour Tungsoodo 1x a week, (1600 calories a day) -> 3-5 mile walks a day, 3 mile run/walks & 20 min BW 2x a week, weights 2x a week, TSD 1x a week (1600 calories a day) -> 3-5 mile walks a day, 3 mile run/walk + weights 2x a week, TSD 1x a week. (1600 calories a day) ->3-5 mile walks a day, 3 miles run/walks + weights 2x a week. (1600 calories a day) -> 3-5 mile walks a day, 3 mile run/walks +weights 2x, BW 2x a week, TSD 1x a week (1600 calories a day).

2014- 3-5 miles a day, 1.5-3 mile run/walks + 5/3/1/ weights 2x, BW 2x a week, TSD 2x a week (1600 calories a day).-> 3-5 miles a day,  3 mile run/walks + 30 min. BW 3x a week (1800 calories a day)-> 3 miles a day, 20 min runs + 5/3/1 weights 2x a week (1800) calories a day. ->stopped counting calories-> 1-3 miles a day, 20 min. runs+ 5/3/1 weights 2x a week. 

2015-1-3 miles a day, 20 min. runs+ 5/3/1 weights 2x a week.-> 1 mile a day + 20 min. cross-training 2x a week. -> 1 mile a day -> completely sedentary and comfort food (six months)

2016- completely sedentary and comfort food (three months)-> 20 min runs + 5/3/1 3 x a week and cleaner eating (for two months, lots of injuries)-> completely sedentary and clean eating (three months) ->random attempts at 20 min. runs and 5/3/1, or BW cross-training and injury (four months). 

2017- half-hearted attempts at cross training (three months) -> half-hearted attempts at 20 min cardio and 20 BW 2x a week-> epiphany

I am finally ready to put aside my ego and do a real fresh start. I have been unable to avoid comparing myself to prior fitness levels and keep pushing too hard whenever I re-spawn. Thing is, I don't need to re-spawn, I need to trash the entire file and start a new game with better, smarter decisions.   I've been following a running program, but I haven't even walked regularly in nearly two years. Time to slow things down and start from the beginning-> just walking. 

• Like 4

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Went to an amusement park today, lots of walking, got in my seven glasses of water, and actually kept carbs at goal .

Revamped the PLP. only doing daily progression until 10 ( currently at 8). Then i'll be doing reps daily but progressing  by 5 a week. so next week will only bee ten a day, the week after 15  a day and the week after that 20 a day.  That should take me through the rest of my six weeks.  My next six weeks, I will hold at 20 a day, but do a new variation ever week, i.e. santana pushups, jump squats etc. The six weeks after that, I'll go back to advancing by 5 reps every week until I hit 50 reps a day. 

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Mowed my lawn last night. It had gotten a little high and I underestimated how long it would take; so I was mowing for two hours and didn't finish until after half an hour after the sun went down.   I'm counting that as my walk for the day. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Really felt like going for a walk today but the weather was not cooperative. It was way too hot and humid, and i was not hydrated enough for it.   So I did fifteen minutes of jujitsu forms in the comfort of air conditioning instead.  I had to rearrange my furniture, but it was worth it.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Went for a 3 mile walk today, because I had time in the middle of the day.  

So I was hired last year because my boss said he would rather train a new person to do things right the first time, then fix the bad habits of an established person.  The he spent a year not training me, and letting me survive a trial by fire, then he fired me for not being experienced enough and said he didn't have time to train me.

I've been all over the place the past few days..

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog