Ladylydia: Still Breathing

Started the new job yesterday. The new office has a decent gym in the basement.  I still have my other gym membership, but it may be easier to actually go workout if, all i have to do go downstairs as opposed to going across town. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Today was one of those days that makes me wish I drank or did drugs or something.  Instead I went to the gym after work.  I didn't do much just twelve min. of intervals on the elliptical and then a simple pyramid on the lat pull down to ease back into things. 

15 reps @ 30 lbs

12 reps @ 40 lbs

10 reps @ 50 lbs

8 reps @ 60 lbs

6 reps @ 70 lbs.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I might as well just say it.  I think I'm depressed.  It's not every day, and it actually gets better with certain aroma therapies, so I know it's a mild depression.   But still it's there. I don't think it's recent either. I've been depressed for a while, at least a few months. I'm not interested in anything. If a task or action doesn't have an obligation attached, I don't do it.  I

I have a psych background, so I know all the things I'm supposed to do to get better and feel normal again, but I can't shake the feeling that there's no point.

Anyway, figured I might as well address it.  

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Oh hey I found you!  :)

Is there anything little you can start working into your daily routines that can help with the black dog?  Maybe nothing huge for now, but just something to start the battle and that can help with your mindset of there being no point.  I know for me reading really helps.

• Like 1

Ok, I've been talking to my mom about the depression/anxiety stuff and this past week I stated taking Valarian root.  It's a natural-path treatment for anxiety, mood disorders and insomnia.  I feel a lot better on it.  I've been very hesitant to use any sort of medication after I studied psychopharmacology in grad school, and watched the way certain drugs affected my family members.  But the Valarian doesn't seem to alter my perceptions, or emotional range, it just gives me an emotional boost in the morning and makes it easier to maintain a more stable mood throughout the day.  It's not a cure all, but thus far, it seems to take the edge off.  

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Ok, i have finally come to the conclusion that building a good habit is more important then gains.

Letting myself get focused on results and comparing myself to the way i was a few years ago. really killed my exercise habit.  So for the past week, I've been planking for 30 sec. every night and doing 15 squats and 15 pushups.  It's not a lot, it's not impressive, but it's regular. I will be doing this for the next five weeks, just to get the habit ingrained.

I will not set any other goals, until this six weeks are complete.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Planking and 15 squats & pushups is still going well.  And I have decided to actively plan for opening my own firm.  I hate, HATE, the way management runs things. It's all i can think about, every day, is how I would do things differently.  I don't know how I'll come up with the seed money for a business; but that is now an active goal.   I just have to stay hired long enough to afford it. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog