Ladylydia: Still Breathing

On 1/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, ladylydia said:

Tracking

Week 1:     Resistance -1 cardio-1, didn't meet water goal but averaged five a day.                                  Week 4:                         

Week 2:    Daily stuff-2,  resistance- 1, water back to 3 adverage                                                                 Week 5:

Week 3:   Daily stuff- 1 so far                                                                                                                               Week 6:

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

On 1/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, ladylydia said:

Week 1:     Resistance -1 cardio-1, didn't meet water goal but averaged five a day.                                  Week 4:                         

Week 2:    Daily stuff-2,  resistance- 1, water back to 3 average                                                                 Week 5:

Week 3:   Daily stuff- 3, resistance 1, cardio- 1, water - 3 average.                                                              Week 6:

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Hit both the dailies and core work today.  Water only up to five glasses.

Also the daily routine has expanded a bit:

15 pushups  (30 if done on knees)

15 tricep extensions

25 squats

25 side leg lifts, each side

Sun salutation after Cardio or Core work.

Today's core work:

20 side crunches, each side

20 ab raises,

20 crunches

20 locus lifts. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

22 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Ugh, it's mid-way through the week and I have no ability to stay accountable to myself.

I made an appointment to talk to the coaching team. 

Hope it works out! Sometimes having bodies close by is better for keeping you to things than the online community. ^_^;;

11 hours ago, Raxie said:

Are you doing negatives at all?

No, I can do full push ups, just not very many at a time. (sets of five or six), but if i can tell it's going to take a while to get through the sets, like if I'm tired or really unmotivated.  Then I'll switch to knees so I can crank them out and get it over with. 

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

10 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

No, I can do full push ups, just not very many at a time. (sets of five or six), but if i can tell it's going to take a while to get through the sets, like if I'm tired or really unmotivated.  Then I'll switch to knees so I can crank them out and get it over with. 

Oooh - yeah I saw you did some full but wasn't sure if you were doing a combo of full and negatives and knee or just going from full straight back to knees.

Almost hit all my dailies yesterday,  water was low.

15 pushups,

25 squats

15 tricep extensions

20 side v- crunches, each side

20 crunches

20 ab raises

Yoga.

4 glasses of water.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On 1/20/2018 at 4:19 PM, ladylydia said:

Week 1:     Resistance -1 cardio-1, didn't meet water goal but averaged five a day.                                  Week 4:       Dailies-1, resistance-1, Cardio-0, water- low                  

Week 2:    Daily stuff-2,  resistance- 1, water back to 3 average                                                                   Week 5:     Dailies-2, resistance-1, cardio- 1, water medium-low on average 

Week 3:   Daily stuff- 3, resistance 1, cardio- 1, water - 3 average.                                                              Week 6:

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On 2/5/2018 at 3:37 PM, ladylydia said:

Week 1:     Resistance -1 cardio-1, didn't meet water goal but averaged five a day.                                  Week 4:       Dailies-1, resistance-1, Cardio-0, water- low                  

Week 2:    Daily stuff-2,  resistance- 1, water back to 3 average                                                                   Week 5:     Dailies-2, resistance-1, cardio- 1, water medium-low on average 

Week 3:   Daily stuff- 3, resistance 1, cardio- 1, water - 3 average.                                                              Week 6:   Dailies- 1, everything else crashed and burned. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Ok, new week, new six (seven) week challenge.  I saw someone post the other day that 90%  of a mediocre plan, is better than 60% of an amazing plan.  So, in the interest of building consistency, I've decided to take baby steps for this challenge, and just barely increase the intensity. 

(Feb 11th- March 31st)

Daily:

15 tricep extensions,

15 push ups (30 if from knees)

25 squats

Stretching/Yoga

7 glasses of water. 

Sun. Tues. Thurs--cardio: 

1 1/2 mile walk, or 20 min interval training, or 15-20 min. circuit training, or 12 min. tabata.   (being flexible here).

Mon. Wed. Fri: Resistance

Second set of dailies

12-20 min. of core work. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

(Feb 11th- March 31st.)

Week 1: 

Dailies 0/7, Cardio 0/3,  Resistance 0/3, Water 0/7

Week 2: 

Week 3: 

Week 4:

Week 5: 

Week 6:

Week 7:

Dailies 0/7, Cardio 0/3,  Resistance 0/3, water 0/7

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I am sick of my own laziness and half-@$$ing this fitness thing!  My breathing was elevated just walking around the store today!  Yesterday I found I couldn't hold notes for half as long as I used to because I've lost my lung capacity.  This has become absolutely ridiculous. This afternoon,  I found myself looking at articles for how to get quick results on cardio; and it was like a bomb went off in my head:  I don't need to keep researching tips,  I know how to do this.  I have been researching health and fitness for over ten years, at this point.  I have made big mistakes and had big successes. At one point I lost over a 125 pounds, and was deadlifting above my body weight.  I was trail-running a 5k every night, and did 1000 burpees in a single week.   The fact that I've swung so far back in the other direction, losing all of that ground is infuriating.  Enough is enough!   

I'm scrapping the previous plan,  1. six weeks cardio and resistance 3-4 times a week.  2. drink lots of water,   3. treat my health seriously.  i'm not going to bother with some sort of complicated tracking system, I don't get a gold star when I get a certain number of points for the week,  or technically complete a task a certain way.   I get to breathe easier, I get to reclaim my strength and endurance, I get to have pictures taken of me without worrying about how a particular angle will make me look, and I get to fit into clothes that I loved and wore only a couple years ago.  I am done babying myself.   I know how to take care of my body, so it's just going to get done.   No excuses.

Warm up:

20 tricep extensions

15 single side extensions, each side

15 squats,

15 side leg lifts each side

4 min. dumbbell swings

4 min. 50 sec. each:

crunches- 20,

Side v-crunches L- 10,

Side v-crunches R- 14

ab raises- 10

4 min. dumbbell swings