Ladylydia: Still Breathing

It is actually.  It's hard to do burpees slow, but splitting it into separate parts, allows me to really focus on squat and push up form, which makes the burpees better when I switch back to them.  Also my wrists take the shock better when they have time to heal up via split days.  

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

So I completely fell off the burpee wagon all of last week.  My lawn is just a little big for me to take care of by myself. Additionally I burn really easily, so I can only do yard work when the UV index is below a 3, (usually after 6:30 or 7 in the evening).   We had a lot of rain the week before last, so the yard was overgrown and I spent nearly every evening taking care of the lawn, in some form or fashion this past week.  It's managed right now, so I have time in the evenings again. 

• Sad 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Lawns are hard to take care of, and they do require a lot of effort. I can imagine how frustrating that would be, particularly if you have to do your practice outside on top of that, which is what it sounds like.

You can get back on it, though. That's the nice thing about conditioning - in general, it falls off fast, but it comes back fast too.

Been having a hard difficulty finding time to get in workouts lately.  I was playing around with my calculator today, and apparently 1% of 24 hours is 14.4 minutes. Which means a 14 minute workout is literally less that 1% of my day.  With that in mind I officially have no more excuses, I can manage to spare 1% of my day on improving my health.  

(For the mathematically interested, 14.4 minutes is also 1.5% of the ideal, 16 hours spent awake).    

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Well, last night I did burpees for 14 minutes,  only got through 20 of them, but they were with perfect form. I then took a break before doing the rest and never got around to them.  Considering that I haven't done burpees in a week and this set was with perfect form, and no modifications, I'm going to let it pass and just keep trying to catch up to that wagon.  

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Back from my conference, time to update.  The resort where the conference was held was a very spread out, rocky terrain, and even inside the conference area there were a lot of floors involved, so I did a lot of walking and stairs, but that was the extent of my exercise.  I really enjoyed and missed the stairs.  I mentioned before I've been motivated to begin stair running again, but haven't called around to area sports centers yet to determine if any areas are open to the public.  (There are none in the local public parks or hiking trails, I did check that). It will be a goal of this week to find out which public sports centers have good stairs for running.  

On 6/6/2018 at 3:25 PM, Kishi said:

Now these wraps, are we talking about boxing handwraps? I

The wraps I bought are a simple set from Walmart.    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Wrist-Wraps-Pair/21672527?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227017224579&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40332053672&wl4=pla-78294310832&wl5=9023809&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=21672527&wl13=&veh=sem

Attempted burpees last night but even with the wrist wraps, the burpees are hard on my wrists at this point (71).  The last time I did a burpee challenge I was at least forty pounds lighter and in much better cardio condition, and I was able to maintain enough momentum to keep from absorbing so much shock with every rep. They just didn't take the same toll  on me as they are this time.  I think I'm going to need to shelve burpees for now and finish out the challenge with pushups and squats. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Yeah, I know I fell of the earth. The weather spiked a few weeks ago and hasn't gone down. Just driving around to run errands wipes me out from the heat.  Working out is getting difficult when I spend all evening just trying to cool back down.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog