Ladylydia: Still Breathing

On 6/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, Raxie said:

Glad the heat is letting up a bit! It can be so oppressive.

It been much more manageable the past few days. 

84 push ups and squats yesterday.  Also several sets of side leg lifts, but lost track of the number of sets. 

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

For the past two months, the battery in my laptop has been dying.  Meaning I have to keep it plugged in all the time.  Having a stationary computer at home taught me two things: just how much time I spend on the computer at home, and how much I typically move around the house with it.  I finally got a new battery installed, and now am mobile at home again.  hooray.

Only 50 push ups yesterday. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

21 hours ago, Kishi said:

"Only 50" she says. :D

The problem is I'm supposed to be approaching my 100 deadline by now.  But all the switching back and forth between burpees and push ups, and then taking days off for my wrists to heal has throw my progress off.    

Thinking about starting the challenge over with new parameters.   

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I'm going to start counting calories again.  It's been something I've been thinking about for a while, but have been scared to try because of how extreme I took it the first time.  

I came to Nerd Fitness while I was anorexic and working out excessively.  A usual day for me was consuming between 900-1200 calories a day and doing 1-3 HIIT workouts along with walking/ running 2-5 miles a day.  I initially joined the community to learn how to lose weight faster, what happened instead was I started to learn (and fall in love with) strength training.  As I became strength and adaptability oriented,  how I looked, became less important; I came out of the anorexia, and stopped counting calories.  By the time I graduated, I was a healthy weight, had healthy habits, along with decent strength and endurance numbers.    But then I started the Bar and practicing law, and my healthy habits fell apart again the other way, into sedentary living and comfort food.  

I've had a lot of trouble developing consistency during the past three years, mainly because I don't know what sustainable habits look like.  Even when i was engaging in healthy habits towards the end of law school,  my workout and diet plan always changed with the new semester.  I could go full out on "lifestyle change" because they were only going to last a few months at a time.  Now I have to figure out what I can do sustainability without being results oriented.

Always before when I counted calories, I based my basal metabolic rate on my sedentary goal weight (even though I was not sedentary at the time);  I did the reverse of that this time.  I calculated the maintenance calories for my goal weight and being highly active,  and the calories for weight loss of my current weight while sedentary; and found the minimums and maximums to be surprising close.   Instead of the horrible 1400 maximum i had while anorexic;  my new daily minimum is 1800, and my maximum is 2400.   And If I go over the calorie max once or twice a week, I won't consider it the end of the world.

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

5 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Well, my wrist healed up, but now my neck is so tense sore I can barely move it.  I don't know what's going on. 

That's freaking annoying, but hopefully will get better soon. Not sure how you feel about chiropractors, but in my experience they can sometimes give a lot of relief for neck pain (I had a pinched nerve and the relief was immediate).

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I've been going to a chiropractor for a year.  This wasn't a spine pain, it was simply a muscle issue, I took ibuprofen for a couple days and slept flat last night.  It's much better now; I think another day should take care of it. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Stretching only worked for a few minutes.  I try to stay away from over the counter drugs as much as possible, but the past few days, it's been the only thing that's worked.  I'm still a little tight, but I no longer hurt.  Went for a 20 min. walk yesterday. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Been feeling much better this week.   Tonight:

50 dumbbell swings

15 pushups  (no wrist trouble)

30 leg raises.

The past two weeks I've been making a concerted effort to eat dinner earlier in the evening, which cuts way down on the evening snacking.  Thus far I've lost a sustainable two inches off my waist.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Guys I'm at a conference, this place is gorgeous and it's the first time I've been properly hydrated in weeks.  I've been thinking about hitting their gym all day, so after I was done with workshops and networking events I went and found their gym.  It didn't have any free weights, which is usually m thing, just machines; but because it was all machines I didn't have an ego attached to how much I "lifted" and what's more, I didn't hurt my wrists.  I feel awesome, and it was good to establish a baseline again.  I have definitely lost strength, in some areas I haven't very much, and in other's I lost a lot;  but again, now I have a realistic baseline.

Cardio: 12 min. interval incline walk on treadmill :  4 min. even, 2 min. incline, 2 min. even, 2 min. incline, 2 min. even. 

Leg press- 100 lbs x10 to warm up,

120 lbs x 10, 140 lbs x8, 160 lbs x 6

Leg curls seated press down things (hamstrings)- 60lbs x 10 to warm up

70 lbs x 10, 75 lbs x8, 80 lbs x 6

back extensions- 70 lbs x 10 to warm up

80 lbs x 10,  90 lbs x 8,  100 lbs x 100.

chest press--20lbs x 10 to warm up

20 lbs x 10, 25 lbs x 6x 2

tricep extentions- 25 lbs x 10 to warm up

30 lbs x 10, 35 lbs x 6x 2

bicep curls; 20 lbs x 10 to warm up

25 lbs x 10, 30 lbs x6 x 2

upright ab crunches;;50 lbs 10 to warm up

60 lbs x10, 65 lbs x 8, 70 lbs, x 6

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Had an epiphany today.  The other night I had a short incline walk on a treadmill and quite enjoyed it.  Today i had to walk up and down a steep hill to load my suitcase in the car and return to the hotel for the final conference sessions, and I enjoyed it.  The park at my mom's house, where I used to walk when the very first time I began the fitness journey, was full of hills and I loved the trail.  My various walking paths in law school were very hilly and I always felt strong and healthy when I walked or ran them. I used to run stairs and do hill sprints.  The path I take to the park currently by my house is largely flat and I find it boring, and therefore don't go very often.  

I need to find a good hilly path to walk regularly, the steeper it is, the more fun I'll have.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I've been really quiet lately.  I have gone back to extreme basics, for form correction and habit forming purposes; and have thrown all previous plans to the wayside. I'm more or less meandering with my fitness. It's like the less I pay attention to what I'm doing, the more I actually do.  If I plan an activity, plans get modified and I don't do as much; if I don't plan, I somehow end up doing two or three times what I would have planned initially.  So, it's getting hard to track my activities.   In the past two weeks, I've taken a several mile long walks, done random body weight exercises at random times in the day,  occasional forms/kata, and started belly dancing tutorials; I've completely ignored my diet, but have been better with portion sizes and chemicals, and have been better about hydration on the average.    

Here's a weekly recap: I have no idea what any of my reps were, I'm not really going for a specific number right now, just going until I get tired. 

Mon: twenty mins of jujitsu kata, later low half squats. 

Tues: ten mins. of TKD kata, and 5 min. of yoga.  Later incline push ups off the kitchen counter and assisted tricep dips.  Later again, belly dancing tutorials. 20 min. 

Wed: modified push ups, side leg lifts, and ab raises,  later dance tutorials again, 10 min. 

Tonight: probably legs of some kind, my core and upper body are still tired.  

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I totally feel you on the planning vs letting things happen thing.  I kind of had the same realization a few months ago.  If I plan stuff and plans get changed I just... don't do things.  But if I don't plan things then I always kind of just make it work? I've ended up being able to get in a lot of the work I had been consistently bailing on once I changed that out look.

5 minutes is still 5 minutes- and if your calves were screaming then you certainly did something right!

• Like 1

Yesterday:

3- 3 minutes rounds: 

Knee pushups-10, 11, 18

star v-sits- 5, 7, 3

plank walks

4 min. tabata:

side v-crunch R-17, 9

side plank R

side  v-crunch L- 18, 6

side plank L

• Like 2