Ladylydia: Still Breathing

Ok, I disappeared off the face of the earth for a while. 

Calories have been getting better with tracking, still not great, but the daily average is 300 lower. 

I've been following the workout plan pretty solidly for the past few weeks, well at least for 5-10 minutes a day.

I feel better at any rate.   

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Started that 30 calendar challenge thing, Steve talked about a few years ago.  For 30 days, everyday you complete a task, you mark off that day with a big red X.  My challenge this month is just to do a workout for five minutes a day.  It's going well. 

• Like 4

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On 9/19/2018 at 12:13 PM, ladylydia said:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Cardio

Arms

Cardio

Legs

Jujitsu

or Yoga

Core 

Jujitsu

or Yoga  

Had some schedule changes, so made the above changes to the weekly plan.  My bible study group moved off of from Tuesdays to Thursdays so my Tuesdays are free for workouts again; Thursdays alternate between jujitsu and bible group.  Additionally, sometimes jujitsu days are jujitsu or yoga because sometimes class is mostly theory or light wrist work.  So on bible group days or those class days that don't give much of a workout, so I'll do a few minutes of yoga at home afterwards.  Only doing 5 mins. a day right now,  once the habit it established and solid, then I'll up the time.   

14 solid days and counting this far. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Well it's three weeks into my five minute a day challenge and my troublesome knee feels stronger then it has in months.  I'm officially shifting this from a 30 day challenge to a 60 days. I don't look any different, and have received no outward changes;  but my mobility and balance has picked up across the board and I can feel my strength slowly increasing from week to week.  I feel like I'm reliving the slow and steady progress from nine years ago, the very first time I took my health seriously; when I advanced slowly to see what I could accomplish instead of trying to hit a specific, unwavering, goal. 

It has helped to realize that I'm nearly a decade older then the first time I lost weight, so I have to approach some things differently now that I'm no longer in my early 20s.  This time I have the added benefit of knowing so much more about the way my body works, so I'll be able to avoid the pitfalls of anorexia and ego-induced injury. I know now that I have to slow down my progression to make changes concrete, hence the 30 day extension of the same workout plan instead of some sort of increase at the end of the month.  I'm also not going to create a larger workout plan for the rest of the year, though it my typical M.O.; slow and steady is working better for me.   

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Day 40,  challenge still going.   My pushups are coming back, balance is improving and they keep asking me in Jujitsu if I've been practicing,  I haven't been (though I should) it's just my body control is improving. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

New challenge: 

After completing my 60 day: "Do something" challenge, I took a break yesterday.   I haven't been posting my workouts because they were so erratic I didn't bother keeping track of reps or sets.  The month of March however, will be four weeks of circuit training for 10-15 min a day. I'm still deciding if I'll do set workouts for set days and try to beat my time every week, or do different workouts week to week.  But the general overview schedule will follow what I've posted before:

On 1/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, ladylydia said:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Cardio

Arms

Cardio

Legs

Jujitsu

Core 

Jujitsu

It won't be the end of the world if I miss a workout this time,  which will help on Thursdays as I only attend jujitsu every other week.  Sundays may skip circuit training in exchange for walks/hiking.  Five minutes of yoga after every workout to stretch out. 

March is also going to see realistic diet changes for the first time in a while.  Since graduating, I've either given myself too strict a diet for my circumstances or didn't take it seriously, either way my attempts to curb my calorie intake have not be sustainable in a long time, and my weight is currently the highest it's been in eight years, (285 lbs).  I've been really hesitant to start a calorie restriction again because of my prior history with anorexia and eating disorders.  I do not want too far this time.  When I was abusing my diet choices; I kept calculating the basal metabolic rate of my goal weight and sticking to that calorie goal, instead of factoring in my amount of exercise. I spent nearly two years with a daily intake about a 1000 calories under where I should have been.  (900-1200 daily for the first year, and 1400-1600 during the second year, while doing 2-3 HIIT workouts a day). 

I think I've got a safe plan figured out this time.  According to the calorie counter on NF,  my basal metabolic rate is 1995, and my sedentary maintenance rate is 2394; my goal for this year is to get to 225 lbs, which has a basal rate of 1723, and a lightly active metabolic rate of 2369. My eventual goal for next year is 185 lbs, which has a basal rate of 1541, and a moderately active rate of 2389, (lightly active 2119).   As the 2300's is a common theme across activity rates;  I'm thinking if I shoot for a daily range of 2100-2300 calories, and under no circumstances go below 1800 calories; I should be just fine.   

As I seem to swing between dieting extremes, either following severe restrictions or else night-binge eating;  I'm not going to worry about measuring anything this month. I'm easing into the diet changes for March by just cutting out snacks.  That's it, calorie tracking and no snacks. If I need to add an extra meal at some point in the day to curb appetites or make a certain calorie limit, that's fine, but it will be an intentional meal. 

I also desperately  need to up my water intake, so I'm shooting for 5 glasses a day. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Week 1.               Sun.            Mon.                  Tues.                       Wed.                      Thurs.                    Fri.                 Sat. 

Workout:              l 

Water:                   l

Snacks                 l

Calories               l

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On 3/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, ladylydia said:

Week 1.               Sun.            Mon.                  Tues.                       Wed.                      Thurs.                    Fri.                 Sat. 

Workout:              l                  Yes                     No                        

Water:                   l                   No                      No

Snacks                 l                   Yes                     Yes

Calories               l                  3000                   2400

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Little short on the water goal today, but hit everything else.  So  stats are as follows:

21 hours ago, ladylydia said:

21 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Workout:              l                  Yes                     No                        Yes

Water:                   l                   No                      No                       No

Snacks                 l                   Yes                     Yes                      No

Calories               l                  3000                   2400                   2300

On 3/4/2019 at 5:20 PM, ladylydia said:

Now that I'm doing more then five minutes a day, I thought about coming up with new workouts, but many years of off and on fitness, I have four (4) notebooks full of various body weight, and weighted workouts with old scores for comparison.  There is absolutely no reason not to use them. 

12 min. 10 & 50 secs. each

Rear leg lift R: -30

Rear leg lift L-30

Outer thigh lift R-28

Inner thigh lift L-74

Outer thigh lift L-24

Inner thigh lift R- 73

Prone Leg Raises- 11

Crunches- 17

V-crunch R-22

V-Crunch L-15

Prone leg Raises-9

Crunches- 12

Also had to reevaluate my weekly workout schedule, because while separating out the muscle groups works great when you are doing a weights program, it gets a little more difficult when circuit training, which is what most of the workout in my journal follow. so I'm going to amend that too. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, ladylydia said:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Cardio

Resistance

Cardio

Resistance

Jujitsu

Yoga

Jujitsu

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On 3/5/2019 at 11:34 PM, ladylydia said:

Workout:              l                  Yes                     No                        Yes                       No, class cancelled   No                  Yes                        

Water:                   l                   No                      No                       No                             No                           No                  No/almost

Snacks                 l                   Yes                     Yes                      No                             No                            Yes                    Yes

Calories               l                  3000                   2400                    2300                        2100                         2700                   2500

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Week 2.               Sun.            Mon.                  Tues.                       Wed.                      Thurs.                    Fri.                 Sat. 

Workout:              Yes               Yes 

Water:                   No                 No

Snacks                 No                  Yes

Calories               2200            2500

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

42 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

I'm thinking really hard about doing a challenge.  Haven't done one in a few years, but the next challenge round matches pretty well with the next batch of weeks I set for myself...... so, I'm thinking about it. 

Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. :) Challenges are fun.

7 hours ago, Kishi said:

Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. :) Challenges are fun.

They are, and I could use the extra accountability of pursuing a set goal.  But, I'm tentative because I haven't been successful in a challenge in a while, that's partially why I stopped doing them.  I get so wrapped up in the points, and whether or not I completed a big, dramatic goal, that I tend to lose sight of the point; to help develop habits.  I'm trying really hard to this year to set sustainable goals.  I'm just on the fence.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog