Ladylydia: Still Breathing

Are you feeling any better? Depression's my problem, too. It makes me want to eat doughnuts, lie under a blanket, and dissolve into oddly deadened tears. Exercise helps me a little bit -- have you tried doing it in the morning? That usually gives me the oomph I need to survive otherwise meh days. Do you have a local support system? 

I am feeling better.  I started taking Valerian and it helps quite a bit.   I feel much more even now and don't spend all day distracted by my own brooding.

I have tried working out in the morning before, but it doesn't work very well because I shower at night, and don't want to be a sweaty mess all day long.  What I loved doing, while still in school, was working out mid-day.  But while I'm at my current job that isn't an option.  For now, I have to stick with working out at night.

I don't really have a local support system.  I have people who are happy for me if I do workout, but no one who make sure I do it.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Ok quick update:

Went for an hour long walk yesterday, and a 20 min. walk today. 

On the job front, I've reserved my business name with the state, and bought a domain name for my website; for when I'm ready to head out on my own.  They switched my supervisor at work, so I'm not getting chewed out for following every piece of conflicting information I'm given.(She just didn't like me and I don't know why).   Plus the new supervisor has actually been helpful whenever I've spoken to him.  I have a new assistant who actually does what I ask instead of constantly undermining me.

I got a nasty sunburn last week while i was helping at a church event; to the point in which my skin burned for three days and I lost mobility in my arms because my skin was so tight.  But it seems to be healed up now.  

I've started a new Bible study on discerning the voice of God.  

And, I've discovered metal versions of Disney songs, which makes them way more awesome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On 10/12/2017 at 7:29 PM, ladylydia said:

Took a sick day to work on my business stuff. I've never lied about being sick before, but i can see why people do it.

Oh man, it's... the best. When I was a child, my best friend's mom let her take one "mental health day" a semester. The logic was that it would help their relationship. My friend wouldn't have to lie to her mom, and her mom would have a better barometer for what was going on in her life. 

I rented an office today.  It's a really cheap place and will take me about a month to get it furnished and all of my paperwork squared away before i can open my firm.  But, I now have a space, so I feel really good about that.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:10 AM, ladylydia said:

I rented an office today.  It's a really cheap place and will take me about a month to get it furnished and all of my paperwork squared away before i can open my firm.  But, I now have a space, so I feel really good about that.

tumblr_onhikzP9q91tpip5go1_250.gif

Such excitement! Shoot, before long we'll be seeing ads for you down around here too!

2017 has been such a busy year.   I don't really remember the first half of the year, but the back half....I lost a job, started a new one, quit the new job and started my own firm.

However, because the job front took so much time and energy to figure out, my fitness took a sad backseat.   I control my own schedule now and have a lot less stress (or different kind of stress???)    At any rate, I'm ready for 2018 to be the year of building: building my strength, building my heart health,  and last but not least.. building my business.

I'm not even bothering to find the wagon I fell off of,  let's pick a new road entirely.   I've begun a six week challenge for myself (not sure where the rest of the site is with their challenge).  My new challenge runs from Jan 1st to Feb 10th.  Keeping things pretty simple, and largely open to my mood this time around, so I don't get bogged down with insane structures or details. 

• Daily:  15 pushups & some type of cardio  (4 min. tabata, OR 20 min interval cardio,  OR 1 1/2- 2 mile walk---I don't care which).  7 glasses of water.

• MWF--Core work:  6-12min. ab routine of some kind.

• TRS- 10 minutes  of Yoga and Martial Arts conditioning, each.

(I'm also teaching myself:  German, Spanish, and ASL, but that won't go into goals right now.)

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Tracking

Week 1:                                                                                      Week 4:                         

Week 2:                                                                                      Week 5:

Week 3:                                                                                      Week 6:

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Yay happy new year!  And you're right on track because the rest of the site is starting a 5 week challenge today, and plus the zero week afterwards you've got a 6 weeker right along with us.  Glad to see you're going to focus on you again - congrats on all your career related success and hard work in 2017!

• Like 1

Decided to shift my daily and weekly plan a little bit.

• Daily:  15 pushups, 25 squats,  10 minutes  of Yoga,  7 glasses of water.

• MWF--Core work:  6-12min. ab routine of some kind. 10 min. of Martial Arts conditioning.

• TRS-  4 min. tabata, OR 20 min interval cardio,  OR 1 1/2- 2 mile walk---I don't care which.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I created my fitness plan for 2018.  Well, I created my fitness plan through August.  Every time I try to do a plan for a whole year, I get hung up on where I want to be at the end of the year, and it removed any wiggle room for delays or reevaluation;  I just end up getting frustrated and discouraged.  So my current plan for the year only goes until the end of August, and after that I'll reevaluate for the fall. 

Jan 1-Feb 10th: Current plan listed earlier.  Alternating days of body weight and cardio. days.  Brief workouts, largely the same thing everyday as  I get used to working out again. 

Feb 12th - End of March: Head back to the gym.  Continue alternating cardio and resistance days, Cardio will become 20 min. and machine oriented,  Body weight workouts become circuit training. 

April 1st-May-12th:  Cardio starts moving outside, and will largely become focused on walking/hiking specified distances to grow endurance.  Resistance training becomes longer circuits and includes small dumbbells. 

May 14th - End of June:  Start running again; some sprinting, but mostly specified distances.   Resistance training becomes largely dumbbell focused.

July -August:  Schedule gets changed up a bit.  Cardio every day;  alternating endurance and interval training. It's going to be hot out, so I'll play it by ear with the endurance training, I may be walking I may be running; but will be training specified distances.   On non-endurance days, I'll be back in the gym doing full body workouts.  Interval cardio for 15-20 min.  (probably on the machines); and back to  5/3/1 with barbells. 

September and beyond......we'll see.  

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog