Hey y'all!

Military kid settling down at a college in the south, trying to be her fittest self.

I like weightlifting but I mostly do bodypump classes because I'm really nervous about lifting weights by myself. I used to love running but I've gotten out of the habit, I'm working up to it with long jogs. I'm really insecure about my body and I want to work towards being more fit and confident - i guess that's my ultimate goal. I'm home for the summer and trying to stay on track with my fitness goals, which got really off course around the end of the semester (when it comes down to passing accounting and going for a run, accounting always wins)

I love nutrition and healthy cooking, my girlfriend is gluten free and I can't have dairy so we eat mostly paleo. Tips for paleo thai food are very welcome; that's our next challenge. 

I'm trying to build structure in my routine by walking every day (since I live in suburbia and work a desk job over the summer) and also running and doing small workouts throughout the day. If anyone has good sites for online workout videos I would love suggestions! Right now I'm just using youtube to look up old bodypump classes. 

I also love learning languages, travelling, knitting, dancing, hiking, and making friends! The last part is where you come in, I'd love to get to know some other rebels on similar quests!

• Like 2

Hey there! Welcome. It is awesome that you are making an effort to figure out how to work out. The warrior finds excuses to train, regular people find excuses to NOT train! Try this workout: 

Let me know how it goes. This workout burns fighting movements into muscle memory, and burns calories REALLY fast.

• Like 1
On 5/13/2017 at 4:39 PM, Videen said:

I love nutrition and healthy cooking, my girlfriend is gluten free and I can't have dairy so we eat mostly paleo. Tips for paleo thai food are very welcome; that's our next challenge. 

I was sitting here scratching my head and wondering where the trouble was with paleo Thai and then I realized you must be a Thai noodles fan. 

• Thai curry! Coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, veggies (including but not limited to: eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, bamboo shoots, zucchini, pumpkin, etc) and meat. Boom. (Swap cauliflower rice for white or brown rice, or just... eat rice. Spezzy does.)

• Tom Kha (soup): Coconut milk, lemon grass, khaffir lime leaves, chicken, and mushrooms. Bamboo shoots optional. Traditionally served without rice. 

• Satay: Chicken or beef on skewers, just marinade and roast. Peanut sauce optional; try the cucumber/onion vinaigrette instead for a more paleo traditional alternative. 

• Larb (technically Laotian but most Thai restaurants offer it) - meat salad! Just look up larb recipes online, most of them are paleo + peanuts. 

Pretty much the biggest paleo issues you'll run into with Thai food are rice, noodles, and peanuts. Carbs are your call, but you can always find paleo substitutes in my experience. I'm still not convinced on any of the paleo arguments against peanuts, but if you have a problem with them, you can use sunflower butter or tahini in place of peanut butter and cashews or macadamia nuts in place of whole peanuts. 

• Like 1