• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

FoxerNova

Motivated Newbie!

10 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Nova and I am kinda new to this whole fitness thing and working out in general. But the thing that motivated me to start getting into better shape is the fact that I am working on totally changing my whole life around. How you ask, well I am planning on getting a sex change from male to female and I decided that I wanted to get into shape as well. So three days ago I threw myself into the gym and a week before that I did a major overhaul on my eating habits!

 

When I weighed in a few days ago I sat at 213 lbs and I'm only 5.7 feet tall, so I feel that I have quite a bit to loose and I also want to get stronger. My goal right now is around 150 lbs! So right now I am trying to cut out alot of carbs and eating A LOT more vegetables and I am honestly enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Today i had an omelette with spinach, some grilled salmon with some cherry tomatoes on the side and it was great.

 

The workout plan that I've set for myself looks like this: Arms and Chest one day, stomach and back the next day, ending it with legs and butt on the third day and then repeat. I am also going to throw in some cardio into the mix a few days of the week in the form of cycling, running or swimming. I think this sound all well and good and I am at least going to give it a shot and then maybe modify it if it becomes too much. But so far I am having fun!

 

I actually found nerd fitness while sitting at my desk job today and I started reading some articles and the forums during the breaks and it really made me want to join in on the fun! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the party! If  you're into that sort of thing, I'd totally recommend you create an Epic Quest and join in on the Challenges! You can also track your workouts and such in the Battle Log section. It sounds like you are totally jumping in headfirst - my only caution is to be careful not to overwhelm yourself too much at first. I'm glad you are having fun! That is the most important thing IMHO :) I'm so happy for you that you are here and that you are making these major life changes for yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aishah hope said:

Welcome to the party! If  you're into that sort of thing, I'd totally recommend you create an Epic Quest and join in on the Challenges! You can also track your workouts and such in the Battle Log section. It sounds like you are totally jumping in headfirst - my only caution is to be careful not to overwhelm yourself too much at first. I'm glad you are having fun! That is the most important thing IMHO :) I'm so happy for you that you are here and that you are making these major life changes for yourself!

Thank you very much. Dunno about the epic quest, but i might actually look into creating a daily battle log, mostly because it would be fun to catalogue food and workouts for later reference!  Yeah, jumping in headfirst seemed like the most fun, because I can scale it back later if it becomes too much. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome on board, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. :)  Have you seen that there is an LGBTQ thread in the pub?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Welcome on board, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. :)  Have you seen that there is an LGBTQ thread in the pub?

Thanks for letting me know and thanks for the warm welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! Let us know if you have any questions about the forums or need any help or support, and keep us posted on your progress! (Or link to your battle log?) :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost time for a new 4-week challenge! It's a great way to jump in. Oh, and welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The battle log is here: 

Speaking of linking to stuff, how do I put a link to the battle log in my forum signature? I looked, but couldn't manage to find out how...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FoxerNova said:

Speaking of linking to stuff, how do I put a link to the battle log in my forum signature? I looked, but couldn't manage to find out how...

 

It's hidden away in account settings. (I spent about an hour looking for it under "Profile" when I was new here.) Bottom of the left-hand list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now