Advice on leveling up career without losing custody

Hello All,

This is my first post outside the introduction forum, so be gentle. :) After being inspired to level up my life, I decided to get my bachelor's degree online, but I have some complications which I'm very concerned about, and I wondered if anyone has beaten this obstacle before.

I live in a small town, so there aren't any big opportunities here. Once I get my bachelor's degree, I'm going to be looking for a new job and I know I'm going to have to leave town for it. My existing custody arrangement is 50/50: week on - week off. As part of this arrangement, I have to stay within 100 miles of my ex wife. I'm terrified of the unknown custody consequences of this direction, but I know bettering myself is something I want. :( 

I would welcome any and all feedback.

Thank you!

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."
- Persona 3

Do you have a copy of the divorce decree you could look at? My divorce spelled out very specifically what happened once one of us moved out of the 100 mile or specified region. Namely, the party that moved was responsible for all transportation and it went to every other weekend with extra time in the summer.

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

On 5/20/2017 at 3:59 AM, Trixie Falsae said:

Do you have a copy of the divorce decree you could look at? My divorce spelled out very specifically what happened once one of us moved out of the 100 mile or specified region. Namely, the party that moved was responsible for all transportation and it went to every other weekend with extra time in the summer.

I'll have to take a look at that. Thank you for the suggestion.

- Persona 3

On 5/20/2017 at 4:25 AM, mightstone2k said:

I would suggest talking to a lawyer who is licensed to practice in the state where you got divorced (I assume it's the same one you live in). Divorce decrees can be modified, if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it may be worth the money for a conversation resulting in peace of mind. Thank you for the suggestion.

- Persona 3

I've recently had people tell me, "don't choose money over your kid," but I don't feel like money is really the issue; I'm in a career that's unfulfilling, and I suspect my life is going to feel stuck until I remove that metaphorical clog. It's certainly not my intention to choose money over my daughter, but I feel like I also need to live my life instead of coasting through life. *sigh* Decisions, eh?

- Persona 3