• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I need to plan meals. If I don't, I skip meals. And that helps no one because instead I just snack on all the snacks at work.

What I need to get started is an app or website that will give me recipes and allow me to meal plan and know what I'll need to get so I can then substitute as needed. I often forget to think about it, but I want to be able to just get it all and not have to worry about "what" I'm making with it.

But I need help.

Does anyone know of any good either free or cheap meal plan apps for phone or meal plan websites?

I used to use the Fresh 20 and I really liked it. It seems like they've added a paleo option since I stopped as well! They also have some that are not subscription based (you can just buy a certain number of weeks worth of menus with a one-time charge).

On 5/19/2017 at 1:39 PM, fredrits said:

I've used Mealime, it has a free options but the recipes are limited.  Though not as limited as one would think.

I also enjoy mealime because not only does it have paleo but other options such as vegetarian and then you narrow down to the foods you do not like as well.

Fwiw, as a lifelong spontaneous cook, I just wanna submit an alternate technique: learn four or five recipes that you can reliably cook and like enough to eat regularly.  Preferably things that have overlapping ingredients.  Then just memorize the ingredients for those dishes and buy them weekly (or as needed).

Most home cooking nowadays is just recombining the same dozen or so items, again and again.  And that's okay, because many people are perfectly happy eating that way. 

Also, while you can cook the same ingredient a lot of different ways, you can also use the same technique on a lot of different ingredients.  Example: sauteed green beans with garlic and olive oil.  If you can do it to green beans, you can also do it to broccoli, chopped kale, collard greens, mushrooms, sweet peppers, or pretty much any veggie on sale.  Voila, you can now make 20 vegetable side dishes.  You open the fridge and see whatever in the crisper drawer, just sizzle with oil and garlic and dump it in a bowl.  Add rice and protein and there's your dinner.  Doesn't take much planning, if you've laid the groundwork.