Hey! Nice to meet you.

I used to frequent this forum a few years back. I learned a lot and got ton of inspiration from the awesome users of this site. However, in the end my laziness was my undoing. I wasn't lazy in training, that was totally fine! I was, however, lazy in actually logging on and updating my progress.

I've completely forgotten the username I operated under and I don't even know what email I used for it, but I guess that's okay! I'm treating this as a fresh start.

So, I do a range of stuff. I lift weights in the morning and either do gymnastics or bouldering in the evening. I also like training my grip strength; currently attempting the No.2 Captains of Crush Gripper. During academic term time you can find me fencing, as a lot of my good friends are into the sport. I'm severely allergic to cardio, but I try and squeeze in some running and swimming when I can.

I'm currently studying mathematics and theoretical physics at university; this takes up the bulk of my time and money. I started programming last summer after teaching myself Python, so naturally I spend a lot of time crying because I can't figure out bugs. When I'm not doing academic stuff, I draw and play guitar. I'm also in love with traditional strategy games and I've spent a lot of (read: too much) time playing them. My favourite game is Shogi (Japanese chess), which is where my username comes from.

ryuo.png.85f9d64a31b2269c9816b430787bc866.png

Ryūō, or Dragon King. The strongest piece in Shogi.

I don't need motivation. I think I've got that bit nailed down.

I'm here because I want to be inspired. This is the most diverse fitness community I've ever seen, what with the awesome class system. There's a whole bunch of hard working, driven people on this site and I think I can learn a lot from all of you.

Looking forward to training with you all,

Ryu0h.

• Like 5

Challenges:

Current |

Sooo many fun activities! You might've already found your motivation but your post actually helps me build mine :) I've aaaalways (since about 3years ago or so) wanted to learn programming, specially Python. Shogi sounds cool and I might actually engage in some bouldering too! (After I google what it is, that is).

Congratulations in your fun life and good luck finding your inspiration.

Edit: I just googled "bouldering"... I might be a little far from there right now hahaha but I'll sure try it... someday.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Isa_VE said:

Sooo many fun activities! You might've already found your motivation but your post actually helps me build mine :) I've aaaalways (since about 3years ago or so) wanted to learn programming, specially Python. Shogi sounds cool and I might actually engage in some bouldering too! (After I google what it is, that is).

Congratulations in your fun life and good luck finding your inspiration.

Edit: I just googled "bouldering"... I might be a little far from there right now hahaha but I'll sure try it... someday.

Hi! I'm glad my post helped even just a little. 

Now, when it comes to learning python, here are my chosen resources. I actually found these after I learned from the documentation, but I wish I knew about them earlier!

1. Codecademy 
  2. How to think like a Computer Scientist

Honestly, in this day and age with how reliant we are on computers, everybody ought to learn how to program. It not only makes you a tech badass, but it really improves your thinking process. Maybe incorporate it in your challenge?

Thanks for the welcome, Isa_VE! Best of luck for your own journey. :D 

33 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Welcome back Ryu0h! Let us know if you have any questions or need any help with finding your inspiration or conquering your tracking difficulties. There's a new 4 Week Challenge starting next week -- might be a good place to start tracking?

Thanks for the welcome!

I've already written my challenge post! Absolutely cannot wait. I appreciate the guidance, Wobbegong! Folks like you are the reason that this community is so great. :D 

• Like 2

Challenges:

Current |