Deffy Goes For Gold

Yes I have picked a theme so uniquely British and of the 1980's it is quite possible nobody will get the reference. I think even I am technically too young to remember this, it just has legendary status in my house because as my mom never tires of reminding me, as a 2 year old I was obsessed with Henry Kelly and nobody knows why.

Going_for_hold_off1.jpg

But I digress.

The aim of this challenge is to amass coinage and earn some good old fitness loot. Doing certain tasks earns me a pitiful amount of money that will add up over time and I can buy myself rewards and fun stuff with the earnings. I have made it so things I am automatically doing (like eating 5 a day, reading my ten pages and drinking approved fluids - things I have an intact streak for all year) aren't worth anything, I have to overachieve in these areas to earn for doing the things. All sums are paid on a daily basis and nothing can carry over (so if I eat 8 portions of freggies one day and 2 the next, I earn nothing each day for that task) Things worth money are: 

• Eating 10 portions of freggies [10p]
  • Drinking 2 litres of water (it has to be water) [5p]
  • Following my skin care routing both morning and night [5p]
  • Each 500 cal deficit in a day (has to be a whole 500, no rounding up) [5p]
  • Each 30 minutes of cardio (again, no rounding up) [5p]
  • A Darebee workout (must be completed on the hardest level for points) [10p]
  • Eating the meals I have scheduled [5p]
  • Applying body lotion (all over or nothing) [5p]
  • Face mask [5p]
  • Yoga session [10p]
  • Stretching properly both pre and post workout [5p]
  • Daily Dare [5p]
  • Completed the weekly to do list (payable once per week) [25p]
  • Stick to monthly budget (payable once per month) [500p]
  • Per unique milestone (5p)

But as well as not earning the bonuses for doing the tasks, some of the tasks are worth penalties for not doing them:

• Exceeding maximum calories (-25p)
  • Per missed task on the to do list (-10p)
  • Not eating the scheduled meal (-10p)
  • Exceeding the monthly budgets, even by a penny (-750 points)

I also have a section on my spreadsheet where I can award extra money on a discretionary basis for good stuff. Big weight loss milestones will be included here but other stuff can be too. 

The Loot! 

Currently on the list of "shit I want" is: a dehydrator, a breadmaker, a squat rack, new healthy cookbooks, fitness gear and a sports bra. There is also fun stuff on the list like Sims expansion packs, and some self care stuff like Lush bath bombs and fancy shampoo. The idea is, if it is on the list of loot then I cannot buy it with regular money, it has to be Going For Gold money.

I have been trialling this format since Wednesday and it's working really well so far. I have already amassed a lofty £2.55 (please, no begging letters) and this is just the pace I wanted to earn the loot at so I think the amounts are pretty much bang on. It's working to motivate me well and I am excited for the format to continue so............

New challenge.... goooooooooooooooo! 

• Like 13

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I'm sort of ashamed to say that I totally get this reference. It brings back memories of watching day time TV with my Mum in those heady pre-school days of the 80s :P

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm sort of ashamed to say that I totally get this reference. It brings back memories of watching day time TV with my Mum in those heady pre-school days of the 80s :P

When I posted it, I did think to myself that you might actually get this reference! I loved this programme. I loved Henry Kelly. I have no idea why, on either count. 

• Like 1

This is glorious. I really like your idea of making it so loot-based. Following to see how it goes and maybe I'll pinch the idea next time... 

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Never heard of Henry Kelly, but if it makes you feel better I really liked Bob Barker as a kid.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

This looks awesome with great motivational potential!  

I'm here for the gold!!!!

4aTWMwxh.jpg

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

4 hours ago, Gurdris the Imbiber said:

This is glorious. I really like your idea of making it so loot-based. Following to see how it goes and maybe I'll pinch the idea next time... 

Hello and welcome! It's nice to meet you and have you along :D 

3 hours ago, Terah said:

Love the setup

Good luck!

Thanks Terah! 

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

This is so clever. I like the theme, and it's straightforward. Following along!!

Yay Snarky! 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Never heard of Henry Kelly, but if it makes you feel better I really liked Bob Barker as a kid.

The only reason I can come up with is he looked a bit like Pob and Pob was one of my favourits but even that doesn't fully explain it. I am glad I wasn't the only gameshow host freak baby though! 

7 hours ago, Ensi said:

I'm here!!

tumblr_oj3wcoZrzq1s5rjeao1_500.gif

Just when I thought it was safe to get back in the water! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

This looks awesome with great motivational potential!  

I'm here for the gold!!!!

4aTWMwxh.jpg

A PIPE AND A CREPE?!

This skit makes me laugh far longer and harder than it reasonably should. 

• Like 1

A few questions to all the humans who moisturise their bodies. 

1. How would you describe your skin type? (body only)

2. How does it feel after you've moisturised?

3. What does your skin feel like if you go a while without moisturising?

I'm trying to figure out if this is something I actually need to do. I always assumed it was something human beings were supposed to do since I always get bought a shit ton of the stuff for christmas and birthdays but it always feels really horrible on my skin. My skin is pretty soft in general and I moisturise pretty rarely so I am wondering if I should stop with the guilt and just stop bothering, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

A few questions to all the humans who moisturise their bodies. 

1. How would you describe your skin type? (body only)

2. How does it feel after you've moisturised?

3. What does your skin feel like if you go a while without moisturising?

I'm trying to figure out if this is something I actually need to do. I always assumed it was something human beings were supposed to do since I always get bought a shit ton of the stuff for christmas and birthdays but it always feels really horrible on my skin. My skin is pretty soft in general and I moisturise pretty rarely so I am wondering if I should stop with the guilt and just stop bothering, 

1. I'm not sure how to answer this question.... 

2. silky

3. dry, stretched out

In my experience, I never felt the need to moisturize for years.  My skin felt fine. But I have 10 years on you and I will say that now I regret not moisturizing before as a preventive measure.  Now it feels like a losing game that I can't keep up on.  My recomendation is to find something that doesn't feel gross on you and make it part of your routine.  There is a new-ish mousturizer that you put on after your shower before drying off.  It didn't feel as heavy but my skin still felt moisturized.  There are also different textures - body lotion, mody cream, body butter.  Try different ones, or maybe you are just putting on too much?  

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

f570e19484fb5be25ffe3ba070dfb1859dcabb349314f8ee06883e22526a5fc3.jpg

I am not a full-time moisturizer (er?). I only really make sure to keep my hands well moisturized over the winter, because they get horribly dried out if I don't. But I will say that a good quality lotion is so worth it. I swear by cocoa butter because I've used it since I was little, but I never feel oily after using it. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, deftona said:

The only reason I can come up with is he looked a bit like Pob and Pob was one of my favourits but even that doesn't fully explain it. I am glad I wasn't the only gameshow host freak baby though! 

What the badword did I just watch?

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm totally too young to get the reference but I'm here regardless to cheer you on  and bask in your awesomeness :D

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

1. I'm not sure how to answer this question.... 

2. silky

3. dry, stretched out

In my experience, I never felt the need to moisturize for years.  My skin felt fine. But I have 10 years on you and I will say that now I regret not moisturizing before as a preventive measure.  Now it feels like a losing game that I can't keep up on.  My recomendation is to find something that doesn't feel gross on you and make it part of your routine.  There is a new-ish mousturizer that you put on after your shower before drying off.  It didn't feel as heavy but my skin still felt moisturized.  There are also different textures - body lotion, mody cream, body butter.  Try different ones, or maybe you are just putting on too much?  

Preventative measure? To prevent what? What lasting damage do you feel might have been avoided by moisturising?

I've tried putting baby oil on my skin when I am still wet from the shower and then just letting it sink in and that's much better than body lotion but I still don't love it. I hate body butter, that's in an ick league of it's own and I suppose lotions being thinner are slightly better but it's all gross, really. I will keep doing it if you think I should because Shello knows best. 

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

f570e19484fb5be25ffe3ba070dfb1859dcabb349314f8ee06883e22526a5fc3.jpg

I am not a full-time moisturizer (er?). I only really make sure to keep my hands well moisturized over the winter, because they get horribly dried out if I don't. But I will say that a good quality lotion is so worth it. I swear by cocoa butter because I've used it since I was little, but I never feel oily after using it. 

I moisturise my hands in the winter because they get horrible and itchy but this is only because the gross hand cream feeling is less unpleasant than horrible dry hands but it still makes me angry because what can you do when you have hand lotion on?! NOTHING! You just have to wait around with slimy hands forever.

I have tried cocoa butter and I am not a fan of that either but Shello may have been onto something with the thinner, lighter products being better for me. It sounds like I should carry on doing it but I am not happy about it ladies!

(Thanks for your advice, even if it's not what I want to hear :P)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's what childhood looked like in Britain while you were watching fancy American things. 

16 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

I'm totally too young to get the reference but I'm here regardless to cheer you on  and bask in your awesomeness :D

Hello again, it's great to have you along again :D 

• Like 1

Just now, deftona said:

Preventative measure? To prevent what? What lasting damage do you feel might have been avoided by moisturising?

Perpetual dry skin.  To be fair, I'm still no good at using it daily.  I am better about it in the summer when I have more exposed skin.  I have it in my head that had I been better about this the years leading up to now that my skin wouldn't get so dry.  I'm sure it is not based on any fact whatsoever. 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Perpetual dry skin.  To be fair, I'm still no good at using it daily.  I am better about it in the summer when I have more exposed skin.  I have it in my head that had I been better about this the years leading up to now that my skin wouldn't get so dry.  I'm sure it is not based on any fact whatsoever. 

I am supposed to do it in the summer too? Ew, doesn't it feel even worse in the summer?

Am I the only one who feels like a greased up salmon when I put body lotion on? 

52 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Leave Pob alone you big meanie

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Just now, deftona said:

Am I the only one who feels like a greased up salmon when I put body lotion on?

Yes. I think you might be.  I don't understand this.  The only thing I can relate to this is when you get too much lotion from the bottle and then it won't all rub in and you try and transfer the excess to other parts of your body like a strange game of Twister. 

Spoiler

Just now, LadyShello said:

Yes. I think you might be.  I don't understand this.  The only thing I can relate to this is when you get too much lotion from the bottle and then it won't all rub in and you try and transfer the excess to other parts of your body like a strange game of Twister. 

See, it doesn't matter how little I use, I always feel like this. Maybe my skin is too juicy already. 

• Like 2