Marathon, done.  House, moved.  Time to get back into weightlifting and saddle up.  I have had a lot of things up in the air, but I need to get into a groove that works for me so I can get going forward on something other than “run a lot.”

3dc288e5b6ac94628797845cc164fa6f7e37abf3

Goal #1: Get back into a weightlifting routine.  3 days a week minimum, I want a schedule that works for 5.  That means I get my commute manageable and find a weight room that’s accessable. 3,000 points

c747438c328dd106454597ae4ff7e319b28a7feb

Goal #2: Track food and weight.  I’m going to try to bulk up after losing so much upper body muscle mass to my marathon training. I want to have my weekday meals planned and calories estimated every week.  3,000 points.

Goal #3: Learn horseback riding.  I’ve started basic lessons and I want to get to the level where I can ride a trail on my own before my honeymoon in August.  I have one lesson per week and I want to do 1 day of “homework” per week (educate myself on something related to horseback riding). 1,000 points

*Fun fact* this seems to be the one picture of a DBZ character on a horse on all of the internet:

latest?cb=20120212180830

Goal #4: Maintain running.  5k runs at least 3 times a week an long runs (15-20k) on the weekend. 2,000 points.

tumblr_o286ocGL5M1tgy4o5o1_400.gif

Goal #5: Nesting.  I have random projects from moving and I want to complete at least one per week.  We scaled up from a tiny 1 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom townhouse with a basement. I need storage in the basement, the kitchen organized, DVD/Blu-ray storage, all living room furniture that isn’t a TV stand, a table and chairs for the dining room, a drink station (dry bar), a desk for the office, and a bicycle/storage for said bicycle. 1,000 points

tumblr_m238r3IqvD1rpalwwo1_r1_500.gif

Why are the points in thousands?

ngbbs45ddb6cc86c80.jpg

• Like 4

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

OK, week 0 update:

Goal #1: Get back into a weightlifting routine.  3 days a week minimum, I want a schedule that works for 5. 

-I got two days in and I have this afternoon off so I plan on running to the Y near my house for day 3.  The commuting part still needs to be changed because taking the bus in to the Central Y only gives me about 45 minutes to lift (including warm up).  I just did squats and deadlifts yesterday because that's all I could manage.  I'm giving myself full points for making it- I was aware this would include non-ideal lifting sessions.  2,000 points.

Goal #2: Track food and weight. 

-Nope.  Not even a little. I think I weighed myself at some point this week on the obviously broken scale at the Central Y.  0

Goal #3: Learn horseback riding. 

-I took my lesson, but haven't done any homework.  I'm going to find a youtube video on posting the trot to watch on my way home.  1,000

Goal #4: Maintain running. 

-I have gotten only two 5k runs in this week and I skipped the longer run last weekend to recover from my marathon. oh... 1,000

Goal #5: Nesting.

- Movie storage, done.  I picked up an awesome shelf at a yard sale for $7 and it holds everything perfectly.  1,000 points.

Power Level - Krillin

Dragonlolz_Krillin_is_the_strongest.jpg

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

Ill be following along. Hopefully I learn something from you crazy folks who ... run for fun... *shudders*

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I forgot to do my Week 1 stauts update.  Work emergency.  Other guy got canned and now I'm cleaning the mess up.

Goal #1: Get back into a weightlifting routine.  I got three days in.  It looks like with riding the commuter rail in I can make it into the gym for about 45 minutes.  Not as much time as I like, but I can spend all Friday afternoon in the gym since we have 1/2 day Fridays in the summer.  Other seasons will allow me 5 days a week in the morning with more time. 3,000 points

Goal #2: Track food and weight.  I got all of my meals plugged into my nutrition spreadsheet before doing the grocery shopping and I weighed myself at the gym (with the good scale).  3,000 points.

Goal #3: Learn horseback riding: I took my lesson but forgot my homework again.  I did watch that video on posting a trot last week though.  500 points.

Goal #4: Maintain running.  I cut a couple of the 5k runs short, but for valid reasons and I did get some running done.  Long run was run.  2,000 points.

Goal #5: Nesting.  I got some organization stuff hung up.  I almost scored a free desk, but it started raining before I could talk the wife into driving over and grabbing it.  Oh well, it wasn't that nice anyways.  1,000 points.

9,500 points. Power level, Bardock:

latest?cb=20131106012318

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

Week 2 Update:

Goal #1: Get back into a weightlifting routine.  I got four days in the gym.  Going to the Y in Chinatown is allowing me to get SOME work done, but I'd like another 30 minutes in the gym.  Having a plan in place got some more utility out of my time though.  I'm looking forward to getting a bike and trying the Y near my house for my morning workouts. 3,000 points

Goal #2: Track food and weight.  I got all of my meals plugged into my nutrition spreadsheet after doing the grocery shopping and I weighed myself, but I went to an all you can eat ice cream festival and was super late seeing where I was at with my food.  I'm floating between 174 and 170.  I'm happy about that.  3,000 points.

Goal #3: Learn horseback riding: I remembered to do my homework!  I watched a video on two-point (half seat) riding stance.  1000 points.

Goal #4: Maintain running.  Done, plain and simple. 2,000 points.

Goal #5: Nesting.  I did some shopping and we worked on some plans, but we don't have any cash to actually make much happen.  I did dumpster-dive a free table last friday though, so I'll give myself full credit: 1,000 points.

Power Level - Gohan

tumblr_n1vqq3Xiep1r72ht7o1_250.gif

• Like 3

My Battle Log 

Okay, Week 3 update:

Goal #1: Get back into a weightlifting routine.  3 days a week minimum, I want a schedule that works for 5. 

-I'm now in a groove.  I missed Monday due to too little sleep and too much beer on Sunday, but I still got 4 days in (counting today).  2,000 points.

-I did map out my food before finalizing the week's meal plans, but forgot which days I was supposed to eat which days.  I guess it averages out?  I also ate a desserts for most of this week.  My wife's office had a "healthy" bake sale and gluten free counts as "healthy" apparently (the saps).  I'm always conflicted about this.  On the one hand, I have violent, painful reactions to gluten and don't like my necessary diet to be a trend.  On the other hand I can eat in public with people.  The scale at my gym seems to now be broken.  It tells me I weigh somewhere between 170 and 175 pounds. 2,000 points.

-I took my lesson, but haven't done any homework.  I'm going to find a youtube video on posting the trot to watch on my way home.  Yes, this is exactly what I said on week 0.  No, I'm not in a time warp I've just only learned about three things to do with riding and I need to work on posting.  1,000

-I didn't get my long run in last Saturday because I was already sore and needed to be able to ride on Sunday.  Plus I missed one 5k run during the week. 500.

- I got a bike! Now I need to learn bicycle maintenance because the chain is obviously too greasy and I need to clean up some rust spots on my hardware.  The derailer (the thing that shifts gears) on the rear doesn't seem to let me get all 6 of the gears and the derailer on the front will actually shift off the top gear if I'm not careful.  I think my bike has a derailing system from a different bike attached to it.  Plus, I'm awful at riding a bike because I've only ridden a few times in the past several years and then without hills.  1,000 points.

Power level:

Let's see, I can either be Appule or Orlen... Fan fiction is weird.  Appule... I guess.  It's like seeing an eggplant make out with a summer squash.

This character is lame.  I need to work out more next week.

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

Goal #1: Get back into a weightlifting routine. 

-I did this. 2,000 points.

-Nope.  I didn't even weigh myself.  Plus, I've had dessert every night this week. 0

-I had a bad lesson (the horses hate the heat), but I read a little bit on taking up horseback riding as an adult.  1,000

-Very much no.  I was fixing my bike this weekend and my drivetrain decided to stop turning suddenly in the middle of the road.  My bike flipped me over the handle bars and my ankle keeps hurting when I put on running shoes.  ONLY when I put on running shoes.  I feel fine the rest of the time.  *shrug*  No running this week so far.  Maybe tomorrow morning I can get a run in. 0

-I scrubbed down my bike and got everything shifting properly on my bike.  But apparently I broke my bike in the process.  500 points.

Power level: Yamcha.

800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

Being beat up by my bike aside I'm not having a great week.  My grandmother is in hospice and I'm pretty much just waiting for the phone call that I need to fly out for a funeral.

My Battle Log 

18 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

Being beat up by my bike aside I'm not having a great week.  My grandmother is in hospice and I'm pretty much just waiting for the phone call that I need to fly out for a funeral.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. That's never a fun call to be waiting for. I hope that this coming week goes better for you.

• Like 1

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins