Charlie_Q's Gonna Need a Montage

Great job talking to the doctor about your anxiety. Hope you get connected with someone quickly. CBT can be very helpful. Be patient with yourself. Baby steps! 

• Like 2

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Thurs & Fri

Nothing, should have done a run on Thursday but I skipped it. Because reasons. Not very good reasons really.

Nope. Those were good reasons. You spent all your energy getting help for an issue that has been holding you back, and I call that self-care. If missing runs on a weekend was what it took, that's worth it to me. I use my powers to hereby declare reasons GOOD REASONS. CQ hereby has legitimate reasons for everything that happened on the weekend and therefore has no need to be down on herself about it.

• Like 9

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Sorry to see that your week 0 fizzled out. Maybe you're still recovering a little from the horror you put yourself through last time? Nonetheless I'm sure you'll grab the bull by the horns come Monday! I'm with you for totally ignoring the official timing of this challenge :P 

I'm proud of you for going to the doctors about your anxiety. You are far braver than I ever have been! I hope the CBT helps you. I've done some of that way in past although it wasn't for my anxiety it did help me alot and I do use a lot of the strategies I learned to help cope with my anxiety. 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Salinger said:

Hey Charlie, good job on making it to the doctors and being able to tell them about your anxiety. I know how hard it is. I have had CBT but it didnt really work for me, so i only had two sessions. I had CAT which means Cognitive Analytical Therapy (plus its amazing because it spells cat....!) this worked really well for me. Plus i take Propanalol which is a beta blocker and stops your heart racing when you get panic attacks....something to think about maybe or ask your doctor. 

Good luck with the CBT, hope you get contacted soon. You do amazing and im rooting for you x

Thank you. I'm hoping it will work for me. I've been reading up on the medication available. I'll make sure to discuss all options with my doctor.

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 6:06 PM, honeybadger said:

Great job talking to the doctor about your anxiety. Hope you get connected with someone quickly. CBT can be very helpful. Be patient with yourself. Baby steps! 

Thank you. The site said someone should be in touch in 3 days so with the public holiday, hopefully I'll hear something by mid week.

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nope. Those were good reasons. You spent all your energy getting help for an issue that has been holding you back, and I call that self-care. If missing runs on a weekend was what it took, that's worth it to me. I use my powers to hereby declare reasons GOOD REASONS. CQ hereby has legitimate reasons for everything that happened on the weekend and therefore has no need to be down on herself about it.

Thanks Tank. I have to keep reminding myself that self care is important and my mental health is just as important as my physical health.

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:31 PM, jonfirestar said:

Sorry to see that your week 0 fizzled out. Maybe you're still recovering a little from the horror you put yourself through last time? Nonetheless I'm sure you'll grab the bull by the horns come Monday! I'm with you for totally ignoring the official timing of this challenge :P 

I'm proud of you for going to the doctors about your anxiety. You are far braver than I ever have been! I hope the CBT helps you. I've done some of that way in past although it wasn't for my anxiety it did help me alot and I do use a lot of the strategies I learned to help cope with my anxiety. 

I certainly did grab today by the horns, I'm exhausted! 

Good to hear that CBT worked for you. I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

2 hours ago, Nymeria said:

The pull-up bar and rope thing sounds interesting.  If you nail the transitions, you should post a video. :)  

Hey Nymeria! If I get any good at it, I'll definitely post a video.

• Like 4

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Week 1 - Monday 

Goal 1: Hearts on Fire (Running)

Rest Day

Goal 2: Hold On

+1

Chin ups and rope hanging done. After some googling, I tied a knot in the ropes and I'm holding just above the knot. I can still only hold on for 10 seconds, but it should stop me slipping off quickly.

Goal 3: Wake Up!

Bank holiday today so no need to wake up early, but I didn't lounge in bed all morning like I normally would. 

Non-challenge stuff

I started the juggernaut programme this morning. Who knew all those reps would be that tiring! 

Seeing as it was a bank holiday today, we decided to go for a nice long walk around the local national trust estate. We took a little picnic and walked up Ivinghoe Beacon. It's very hilly and tricky terrain, but the views are spectacular. We were out for a good few hours but not sure how far we walked. After the squats and the walk, my legs are feeling it now!

• Like 10

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

On 5/22/2017 at 10:02 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Audie Murphy

I visited his grave at Arlington 8 years ago. Most decorated combat soldier of WWII. Fascinating man.

Love your challenge @Charlie_Quinn. And the Rage song makes me think of the Matrix (last song of the movie). Anything by Rage is good workout music. I'll check out the list and see what I can add.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Anberlin -- Paperthin Hymn

Story of the Year -- Anthem of Our Dying Day (bummer song but makes me want to break stuff, which is a good workout, right?)

Eminem -- Not Afraid (not sure what your opinion is on rap or cuss words, but...)

Linkin Park -- Bleed it Out, Given Up, No More Sorrow (and soooo many others...)

Underoath -- Writing on the Walls, A Boy Brushed Red While Living in Black and White, Reinventing Your Exit

So there's a short list for ya.

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

13 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

started the juggernaut programme this morning. Who knew all those reps would be that tiring! 

Seeing as it was a bank holiday today, we decided to go for a nice long walk around the local national trust estate. We took a little picnic and walked up Ivinghoe Beacon. It's very hilly and tricky terrain, but the views are spectacular. We were out for a good few hours but not sure how far we walked. After the squats and the walk, my legs are feeling it now!

I promise the DOMs get better after the first week ;) But yeah 50 reps can be a shock to the system.

I really want to visit the Ashridge Estate. It's not quite so local for me but it really should be something the wife and I do before the summer goes away.

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

22 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I promise the DOMs get better after the first week ;) But yeah 50 reps can be a shock to the system.

I really want to visit the Ashridge Estate. It's not quite so local for me but it really should be something the wife and I do before the summer goes away.

Haha... I'll know to expect the DOMS when I start lol.

My other half used to work at Ashridge. He says the grounds are really lovely. Hope you get to go when the weather's warm!

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

13 hours ago, Wolfen said:

I visited his grave at Arlington 8 years ago. Most decorated combat soldier of WWII. Fascinating man.

Love your challenge @Charlie_Quinn. And the Rage song makes me think of the Matrix (last song of the movie). Anything by Rage is good workout music. I'll check out the list and see what I can add.

I reminds me of the Matrix whenever I hear it too! RATM is definitely a good band to workout to.

13 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Anberlin -- Paperthin Hymn

Story of the Year -- Anthem of Our Dying Day (bummer song but makes me want to break stuff, which is a good workout, right?)

Eminem -- Not Afraid (not sure what your opinion is on rap or cuss words, but...)

Linkin Park -- Bleed it Out, Given Up, No More Sorrow (and soooo many others...)

Underoath -- Writing on the Walls, A Boy Brushed Red While Living in Black and White, Reinventing Your Exit

So there's a short list for ya.

Thanks! I'm having a little trouble with Spotify on my work PC at the moment and the Android app is a bit awful, so once I've got it installed on my home PC, I'll start adding music to my list again.

I was a HUGE Linkin Park fan when they first came on the scene. I think I went to see them live 3 times in one year. 

16 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

The DOMS today are really bad! I got up to do my run this morning, but I could barely walk! I'm postponing till tonight and doing lots of stretching today.

You should absolutely try and get there this summer. There are some spectacular views and beautiful walks. It's very Rangerly.

• Like 3

2020 Races: 

19 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

The DOMS today are really bad! I got up to do my run this morning, but I could barely walk! I'm postponing till tonight and doing lots of stretching today.

Owww, that sucks. I'm normally lucky (?) enough that the DOMs don't set in until about midday the following day so can I get up and get my run in before things start to seize up.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I was a HUGE Linkin Park fan when they first came on the scene.

Back when they were good. I haven't loved anything since Minutes to Midnight and a few songs from Living Things. But nothing tops the Hybrid Theory and Meteora Days. I remember hearing "One Step Closer" for the first time and thinking What...is...happening to me?

• Like 4

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Owww, that sucks. I'm normally lucky (?) enough that the DOMs don't set in until about midday the following day so can I get up and get my run in before things start to seize up.

This wasn't exactly DOMS, more IMS: Instant Muscle Soreness. Yes, I just made that term up. 

4 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Back when they were good. I haven't loved anything since Minutes to Midnight and a few songs from Living Things. But nothing tops the Hybrid Theory and Meteora Days. I remember hearing "One Step Closer" for the first time and thinking What...is...happening to me?

I think the last LP album I listened to was Minutes to Midnight and some of the songs on that are a bit iffy. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news! I have a telephone assessment booked in a few weeks for CBT. 

Other news! We're going to Wales on holiday in a little over a month and I've booked this adventure called Go Below. It's a day of climbing and zip lining in an old underground mine. There's even a 70 foot free-fall (clipped into a free-fall machine of course) down one of the mine shafts. It's going to be amazing!

So this trip combined with hiking up Snowdon, I'm going to need another holiday just to get over this one! 

• Like 11

2020 Races: 

1 minute ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

some of the songs on that are a bit iffy

Agreed, but that album contains my favorite (or at least the most personal to me):

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Wolfen said:

But nothing tops the Hybrid Theory and Meteora Days

True. Is the same with Korn IMO. All LPs following "take a look on the mirror" where totally sub par. 

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Other news! We're going to Wales on holiday in a little over a month

giphy.gif

Yaaaay, exciting vacation!

• Like 1

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

25 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

All LPs following "take a look on the mirror" where totally sub par.

Was that after the bass player left or when Jonathan Davis started scatting in every...single...song?

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Other news! We're going to Wales on holiday in a little over a month and I've booked this adventure called Go Below. It's a day of climbing and zip lining in an old underground mine. There's even a 70 foot free-fall (clipped into a free-fall machine of course) down one of the mine shafts. It's going to be amazing!

That sounds super fun!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

17 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Agreed, but that album contains my favorite (or at least the most personal to me):

Bleed It Out is on all of my running playlists. The tempo is just right for a run.

14 hours ago, Agnarr said:

True. Is the same with Korn IMO. All LPs following "take a look on the mirror" where totally sub par. 

giphy.gif

Yaaaay, exciting vacation!

I'm so looking forward to going away for a week. Work is getting monotonous and I really really need a break from it for a while.

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That sounds super fun!

I know, I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous about the free fall down a pitch black tunnel!

• Like 2

2020 Races: 

Week 1 - Tuesday

Things that haven't been fun the last few days:

1. Stairs

2. Putting one leg in front of the other

3. Sitting down

4. Getting up

Long story short, my legs have been destroyed by squats and I had to ditch my run last night. I'm pissed off, but I'm not going to let it ruin the rest of this week. A run was missed, there is nothing I can do about it now, time to move on. 

That meant I didn't do anything yesterday except foam roll my legs like crazy. That wasn't much fun! 

• Like 8

2020 Races: 

I've been a naughty boy, i have added something to your spotify list. And if you are listening to Five Finger Death Punch i'm gonna add another one. And i have got several other recommendations, but i want to have your approval for the ones i added...

So please let me know (asap, as i'm itching to add more to this list). 

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Things that haven't been fun the last few days:

1. Stairs

2. Putting one leg in front of the other

3. Sitting down

4. Getting up

Sorry :( I know your pain and feel responsible.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I think the last LP album I listened to was Minutes to Midnight and some of the songs on that are a bit iffy. 

Not a big fan of the last released single but the 2014 album (The Hunting Party) was of the same quality as the first two!

(just one of my favorites):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Bleed It Out is on all of my running playlists. The tempo is just right for a run.

Agreed. Plus, it's a kick-ass song.

tumblr_mu51hj5GzT1qzbq69o2_500.gif

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

On 30-5-2017 at 0:32 PM, Wolfen said:

I like almost everything LP did, though some albums are a little getting used to. But when i first heard Bring me the Horizon i thought they sounded very similar and i checked their last album on Spotify and was pretty impressed.

Best song on the album...

• Like 2