Jump to content

[Mini Challenge] Scout Choose Your Own Adventure!


Strickland5

Recommended Posts

stanis_camp_for_game_of_thrones_by_emans

 

The scouts of Nerd Fitness have set up a rough camp on outskirts of the savage lands. This area is filled now with demons, devils, orcs, goblins, mystical beasts, and other creatures after the outbreak late in the year last. You've just come from the more hospitable land to the North. Camp is not quiet as people seem to be coming and going quickly.

 

A few fellow scouts you know wave to you, before you are stopped by a lean elf who looks you over, "I believe you should go see the scout leader, he said to send you his way as soon as you came into camp."

 

Not one to leave the scout leader waiting you head over to the largest tent in the camp. You are let in by the guards there, and inside ...

 

memoria___tent_by_timmi_o_tool-d6moj5l.j

 

An older half-ork stands near the rear of the tent talking with a dragon like creature, both are speaking in hushed tones. As you enter he looks up and waves the dragon which slips out of the back flap of the tent. The guild leader moves with a sense of haste to you and greets you, "May the gods of the land find you well." 

 

He motions you over to a map sitting at a nearby table. "We've gotten word from a few scouts that the Black Legion Orcs are on the move. They were part of the group that aided the demon assault the Ranger Hall last season. Unfortunate the reports are spotty and we need better intelligence than that before we can send in the Rangers to mop up."  He points an area you'd guess is several days travel from the encampment. "I believe based on what we know that the orcs are here, it is through the Eglast Forest, once an elf held land but with the events of last winter I'm not sure any elves are left. I need you to be my eyes and locate the Black Legion." 

  • Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Link to post

Week 1
Given your orders you head out of camp, map in hand. You head out toward the Eglast Forest.  These once majestic woods have become twisted with months of demonic influence. Previously regal trees have become twisted and gnarly, well traveled paths are now covered with wicked brambles and underbrush.


983663-bigthumbnail.jpg

 

You make good time through the forest though, nothing seems to be moving this early in the day. Around midday you are almost through the forest and onto the hill lands beyond, but stop as you hear the noise of feet stomping down the path. Slipping up a tree you see a small goblin
patrol making its way towards you.

 

stf69_tukTuk.jpg


Will you stay and fight? Or keep on mission and move around into the hill lands beyond?

 


CHALLENGE!
If you stay and fight - Work that bow with bent over rows or your sword arm with wood chops!


Move around - add a set of speed work to one work out this week!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Link to post

Week 2!

Slipping past or slaying the goblins you find yourself on rolling hills which once had small farm houses and orchards. The farms all stand abandoned and in disrepair, with the fruits of the orchards likely to go untended unless the demons are pushed back. The road is marked though starting to become overgrown much as wood path was, with time of the essence you push onward.

 

fcde43c02fa3684403c01b70425e4561.jpg

 

 

Hours of running through the day cause you to grow hungry, will you stop in one of the empty farms to have a proper meal or push on relying on your trail rations to keep going?

 

CHALLENGE!

Keep moving - try intermittent fasting

 

Investigate - research and try a new food/recipe

 

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Link to post

 

Week 3!
The hills become larger and more rocky with mountains growing closer and closer as you push through more days and dodging more patrols. As night draws near you find yourself looking at a full Black Legion war camp, which is far larger than you had expected based on the information the scout leader had.

 

middle_earth___shadow_of_mordor_concept_

 

Said camp is obvious highly mobilized and look as though it might be packing up to move out within the next few hours. Will you stay and gather more intel or head back to the main scout camp?

 

CHALLENGE
Spy - Add a series of core exercises to your workout this week 

 

Return - Go for a long run! Minimum of 3 miles!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Link to post

Having traversed back to the scout base camp with knowledge of the enemy or at least their location, you speak with the scout leader who look grim upon taking in your words. He sends you away with a warning of be close, the guild will mobilize soon.  
 
Other scouts are coming and going, many are heading to the common’s fire for a drink and a chat with other scouts.
 
assassinscreedivblackflag_environment_ca


 
 
 
CHALLENGE
Reconnect with someone - be it online or in person.

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Link to post

"Observe and report, that's my mission, don't alert them." the Nomad thinks as he deftly moves around them.

  • Like 1

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Link to post

I stoke the small fireplace in the side of the farmhouse to life.  The coal shouldn't make too much smoke and hopefully the floo isn't dirty enough to smoke.

 

I've got a little bit of ground beef.  And a few summer vegetables are still fresh.  All into the old cauldron with some tomato paste and some of the hot peppers dried in the window.  There's a bit of cornmeal in the pantry and some buttermilk that's still good.  Hm... what to cook it in?  There's a waffle iron sitting unused in the corner.  Perfect.  A bit of avocado on the top of the whole mess and dinner is perfect.

  • Like 3

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

Link to post

The Nomad quietly sneaks into what looks like the cellar. He needs sustenance but the smoke from a cookfire might give him away and who knows how long he'll be out there? He rummages through shelves until he happens upon two jars of pickled cabbage. "Aha!" he thinks. "This'll keep for a while." He puts the cabbage into his pack, exits the cellar, and slips quietly back into the trees.

  • Like 2

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Link to post

"It is time. Beam me down." In the remaining moments aboard her ship, Primeval the Borg Queen listens carefully to the familiar voices of the collective, whispering the details of the map stolen from the Scout Leader's base camp. She holds the map in her mind's eye one last time, carefully memorizing the lay of the land. Suddenly, the voices stop, the map disappears, and she finds herself in a clearing on an alien planet. She looks around and sees a half-eaten jar of pickled cabbage labeled in block letters @Nomad Jay's Home Cooking. "This looks delicious! Too bad I don't digest food," she thinks to herself. She hears a noise. Behind the trees, the thud of boots comes toward her. She looks around for a weapon, but only sees the jar of cabbage. "Where are the drones when you need them?" she asks herself, but a second later the legion begins to emerge from the trees. Only one thing to do now- Run! Bionic legs, at atomic speed, carry her away. Faster and faster she travels, turning on Rush's "Subdivisions" in the mP3 player she had programmed into her exo skeleton earlier that day. The scenery blurs around her, until suddenly she stops at the top of a hill 3 miles away. 

  • Like 2

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

 

Link to post

"Oh this is not good." the Nomad thinks. He turns and breaks into a run back towards camp.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines