Warlifting 40k

Grumble

"Forget the promise of cardio and pilates, for in the grim dark future there is only lifting. There is no peace amongst the barbells, only an eternity of deadlifts and squats, and the laughter of supplementing gods."

Image result for warhammer 40k gifs

As you can probably guess, this is going to be a Warhammer 40k themed challenge. Seeing as how I am starting Wendler's 5/3/1 Next week, it seemed appropriate. Plus I'm rereading all the Dark Angels saga, so yea.

Fitness:

Wielding a Heavenfall Blade: Begin Wendler's 5/3/1 program

Enact Ravenwing Protocol: Up running to three times a week

Learn the Mask of Shadows: Practice yoga to improve flexibility and mental centering

Image result for warhammer 40k gifs funny

Life:

Become part of the Inner Circle: Continue working towards my degree, continued emphasis on time management for assignments.

Build Mark IV Raven Pattern Attack Bike: Finish building my fish tank stand and get the tank up and running.

Image result for warhammer 40k

• Like 5

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

i'm not up on the warhammer lingo, so you'll have to forgive me if my warhammer gifs are indiscriminate. this is despite mr T having played warhammer a lot in his youth. you would think I would know. BUT I DO NOT. 

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Did someone say "war?"

Image result for warhammer

Image result for thor anyone challenge me

• Like 5

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Yay... finally a place for me to put pictures of my space marines.

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

Also... you need to try and find a copy of the book 'Space Marine' (if you haven't read it already) written by Ian Watson. Pretty sure it was the first novel written about 40K (back in or before 1993).

• Like 4

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Also...

Get_Attachment.jpg

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Yay... finally a place for me to put pictures of my space marines.

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

Also... you need to try and find a copy of the book 'Space Marine' (if you haven't read it already) written by Ian Watson. Pretty sure it was the first novel written about 40K (back in or before 1993).

Knock yourself out. But I expect them to match my narrative as I post.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We'll see what happens...

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

"Forget the promise of cardio and pilates, for in the grim dark future there is only lifting. There is no peace amongst the barbells, only an eternity of deadlifts and squats, and the laughter of supplementing gods."

As you can probably guess, this is going to be a Warhammer 40k themed challenge. Seeing as how I am starting Wendler's 5/3/1 Next week, it seemed appropriate. Plus I'm rereading all the Dark Angels saga, so yea.

Makes way more sense than your running 40k which is where my brain first went. Brain also didn't question your running that distance at all???

Fitness:

Wielding a Heavenfall Blade: Begin Wendler's 5/3/1 program

Enact Ravenwing Protocol: Up running to three times a week

Learn the Mask of Shadows: Practice yoga to improve flexibility and mental centering

Yoga!!! Yes! My gains have been sweet since I started yoga.

Build Mark IV Raven Pattern Attack Bike: Finish building my fish tank stand and get the tank up and running.

c7faafaac27017194845f68a2104a270_aquariu

45 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Just post space marines from starcraft with the word "heresy" scattered around. 

Image result for salt gif heresy

Thanks!!!

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR, ALL GIFS ARE WELCOME.

Not even past first day of zero week and this thread has already fallen off the rails.

16 hours ago, Grumble said:

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

So long as they are appropriately warlike.

HERESY!

Custom-Canvas-Art-Warhammer-40K-Poster-W

(am I doing it???)

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

6 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR, ALL GIFS ARE WELCOME.

Not even past first day of zero week and this thread has already fallen off the rails.

16 hours ago, Grumble said:

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

So long as they are appropriately warlike.

HERESY!

You caught that. :D

• Like 2

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

21e.gif

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I've never played 40k directly but half my old gaming group would tell stories of its greatness on the regular. 

I think I'll be following 5/3/1 for my deads and squats for the next little bit.  Excited to see what each of us pull out. 

• Like 3
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

"Brother Grumble!" 

Sammael's voice rang out through the great hall of The Tower of Angels, headquarters of the Dark Angels; the first and most enigmatic of the Emperor's Space Marine Chapters.

The Ravenwing Chapter Master looked more disgruntled than usual. Grumble immediately knew why. At his feet were a pile of parts and a half finished engine.

As the newest member of the Ravenwing, Grumble had to build his own assault bike. It was an honor bestowed to a select few of the Dark Angels, and as such Grumble had been honored to be selected, particularly considering how recently he became a full fledged marine.

"Care to explain why your Mark IV is still incomplete?" the Chapter Master growled, the thunderheads in his eyes matching the low rumble of his voice.

Grumble bowed his head, "Sammael, we have been in the midst of many gym battles of late have we not? There has not been time to complete my vehicle as the demands of my Arms and stamina in the iron church have been great."

Sammael grunted in agreement, but did not relent. "Grumble, you are no longer a simple Dark Angel, you are one of the Ravenwing. And you must act like it. I expect it to be completed by the time we arrive at Planet Fitness."

Grumble's eyes grew wide. "Planet Fitness?! That is a place of ill-omen for all Space Marines. Why do we head there?!" The words tumbled out before he could stop them.

The eyes of Sammael grew hard and a grim smile crossed his face. "Finish your vehicle, and you may yet learn deeper truths." And with that, he turned and walked from the hall, leaving Grumble alone with his dishevelment in both vehicle and mind.

Zero week so far has been light. No lifting, starting that on Monday, which is planned. Yoga went sideways yesterday due to helping out a friends stranded student and running got derailed when grimble, in stroller and mid run, yells "NO RUN! WALK! Talk to momma!" Who am I to say no to that. So we walked and talked until Mrs G picked us up on the way home. At least I got an 8 minute mile in first. #Notevenmad #hotasballsinmay #stupidweather

I'm off on friday so I'm actually planning to finish staining my stand, then saturday I'll spray it down with a polyurethane finish to waterproof it. That's the plan, anyway.

• Like 7

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior