Assassin formerly known as Lightning

Lightning is no more. I'm coming back to NF, after a couple of months off, as Batgrl. So much has changed in my life and I realized my Alter Ego needed to change too.  

So, my story in a nutshell...  I returned to work after 20 years of being a SAHM, Homeschool teacher, freelance writer, and freelance graphic designer.  I am inching my way towards my childhood dream of being Batgirl thanks to my new job in a library. But, figuring out how to combine work, the kids, the house AND fitness has been hard, really hard. Luckily, Batgrl knows how to lead a double life ;)

Im ready to be a sexy librarian by day and badass crime fighter by night.  I'm ready to have it all!

Goal 1: Lose 10 pounds of fat

Tracking with MFP 

Paleo 

I have slowly been putting on weight and even though the scale hasn't risen more than a few pounds I can tell that I've gained fat and lost muscle. I am also coming off of a week of complete debauchery (Gotham has a lot of naughty distractions) so, I need a diet reset. 

Goal 2: Buff Up

Bodyweight exercises 3x a week plus 4th day of any exercise

Mobility work 3x a week

Goal 3: Clear Headed

Fish Oil daily

Medicine daily

Weekly acts of Self-Care

Life Goal: Librarians need to Read :) 

Finish two books

Read a comic book

Get advice on Batgirl comics

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

19 hours ago, traaki said:

Go, Batgrl! Welcome back. :)

Thank you!

22 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I don't care what name you use, as long as you're back :love_heart: Although I have to admit Batgrl suites you ;) Glad you are ready to tackle a challenge and we'll be right here cheering you on.

Thanks!  Batgrl inspires me more and I think she fits.  I definitely needed the break but, I'm super happy to be back.

22 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Welcome back,

Any idea's yet what kind of books you are going to read??

Lot's of fantasy and probably a few biographies.  I'm finishing Norse Mythology now and have Six of Crows and Lady Midnight (Shadowhunters) waiting in the wings. 

On 5/23/2017 at 0:04 AM, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back!

Thank you!  So glad you found me. :)

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Week Zero Prep Work

Finished a bullet journal page with a simple chart of my goals. Also did some food prep for this week. With the new job my food prep day has become critical.  I often work in the evening during dinnertime so my family appreciates having something in the crockpot or a re-heat dish in the fridge. The issue I'm having is that eating before work (around 4) is too early, but I get home at 9:30 and I'm ravenous. My eating when I get home has been my biggest issue so, I'm hoping to figure out a plan by the end of this challenge.

While not part of this challenge in terms of goals I am going to try and journal every day. Having To-Do lists helps me with anxiety and also productivity. I also really enjoy getting creative with the pages every once in a while. My husband gave me some new journals and stencils for my B-day and my son gave me a pack of super-fine pens so, I have a lot of toys to play with.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

4 hours ago, Batgrl said:

Lot's of fantasy and probably a few biographies.  I'm finishing Norse Mythology now and have Six of Crows and Lady Midnight (Shadowhunters) waiting in the wings.

By any chance have you read any books by Sarah J. Maas?? She has 2 good Fantasy series called Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses. I am now finishing her latest book called A Court of Wings and Ruin and its really good.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Batgrl said:

WHAAAAAT!!!!! You read the Shadowhunter books? My challenge this month is themed after The Shadowhunter Chronicles because of Lord of Shadows came out yesterday. I'm so happy to have found another reader! Haha.

• Like 2

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

On 5/24/2017 at 1:35 PM, Grandkai_NL said:

By any chance have you read any books by Sarah J. Maas?? She has 2 good Fantasy series called Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses. I am now finishing her latest book called A Court of Wings and Ruin and its really good.

Ooooh, I have not read her books.  Thanks for the recommendation! 

On 5/24/2017 at 1:45 PM, Lilmissbri said:

WHAAAAAT!!!!! You read the Shadowhunter books? My challenge this month is themed after The Shadowhunter Chronicles because of Lord of Shadows came out yesterday. I'm so happy to have found another reader! Haha.

I devour the Shadowhunter books. :) I'm putting off reading Lady Midnight because I really want to have the second book in my hand and ready once I finish book 1.

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Good Day

I have a day off from work today so I'm going to do some adulting mixed with playing.  Planning a walk with the teens and some reading in the sun. I work 8 hours on Saturday but have fun Sunday planned with a graduation party then a belated birthday dinner with my parents. Should be a nice way to end week zero and start the "real" challenge.

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

2 hours ago, Batgrl said:

I devour the Shadowhunter books. :) I'm putting off reading Lady Midnight because I really want to have the second book in my hand and ready once I finish book 1.

Smart!

I couldn't wait. XD 

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

17 hours ago, Batgrl said:

I have a day off from work today so I'm going to do some adulting mixed with playing.  Planning a walk with the teens and some reading in the sun. I work 8 hours on Saturday but have fun Sunday planned with a graduation party then a belated birthday dinner with my parents. Should be a nice way to end week zero and start the "real" challenge.

Sounds like you'll have a great day. Hope you enjoyed the walking with the teens, and have a great Sunday (and good day at work in between).

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 5/27/2017 at 0:58 PM, Myrik said:

I like the layout you use for your journal.  I plan on starting one but haven't figured a layout I like.

Thanks! I have been collecting layout ideas on Pinterest and I think this will be the basic layout that I use for awhile. I'll play around with it a bit but, the core of my designs will come from this one. 

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Day 1 - My Batgrl Origin Story begins

96202046-352-k281784.jpg

First all of the good news...

Body Weight work out

Jack-Knife Pull Up 5x3

Bulg. Split Squat 8x3

Diamond Pike Push Up 5x3

Bear Crawls 60sec x 3

Standard Push Up 7x3

Plank Series 60/40/40

Grocery shopping and Food Prep complete. Fish Oil taken, medicine taken, mobility work done and so far tracking and paleo are good.  Also did a lot of reading and caught up on ironing. 

The only downside to today is that I am nursing a pulled muscle in my hamstring and hip that won't go away. I was hoping it would resolve itself over the weekend but that didn't happen. So, I adjusted my body weight workout and spent a lot of time on the foam roller.  I think water and clean eating will help along with lots of stretching and rolling. 

I'm bring back my Gratitude List!  I don't know what I stopped doing these since I really do enjoy the process.  So here is my list for today:

• Watching my husband and son spend time together doing "guy things"
  • Talking a walk with my daughter
  • Spending some birthday money on new clothes
  • Enjoying a little "guilty pleasure" TV.
  • Like 5

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Turns out being Batgirl makes me hungry. I could NOT satisfy my hunger yesterday. What I'm trying to say is that I ate too much. Hopefully I'll be able to use the extra calories as fuel and have a really good workout today.

My hamstring is feeling better but still not back to normal. Wish I knew what I did to irritate it so much. Im going to keep stretching and rolling and hoping.

Goal 1: Lose Weight

Tracking with MFP: Yes

Paleo: So close. We had leftover whipped cream and somehow a bunch of it ended up attacking the strawberries I was snacking on. I clearly had no choice but to eat it.

Goal 2: Buff Up

Bodyweight exercises: not a bodyweight day. Did yoga and took a walk instead.

Mobility work: Yes

Goal 3: Clear Headed

Fish Oil: Yes

Medicine: Yes

Weekly acts of Self-Care: Treated my skin to some vanilla lotion

Life Goal: Librarians need to Read :) 

Finish two books: finished Six of Crows

Read a comic book: Just reserved a Batgirl graphic novel to try

Get advice on Batgirl comics: not yet.  I know who I want to ask.

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Batgrl said:

So close. We had leftover whipped cream and somehow a bunch of it ended up attacking the strawberries I was snacking on. I clearly had no choice but to eat it.

Oh man, I hate it when the whipped cream does this! They do it this side of the ocean too! Devious confection that :P

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."