MaylaKae Escapes to the Eurozone

MaylaKae

Originally I wasn't going to post a challenge thread. But I will just miss y'all too much. I will be working some of the time while I am overseas (three weeks out with two weeks of vacation, so I cut a deal with the devil...) So if I'm already working, I have to check in. :-) 

Bae and I are going on an ADVENTURE most of this challenge. We'll be hitting Copenhagen, Berlin, Cinque Terre, Florence, and Rome. We have been together for 6 years and never taken a vacation (aside from traveling to visit family and some weekend camping trips.) This was supposed to be our honeymoon, but that's a whole crazy story I won't bore you with.

The point is we are happy and doing what we want to do. 

I want to accomplish four things while away:

• Consciously make the choice to be present. Travel is stressful for me, but once I'm there I'm good. I don't need to get overwhelmed. Just make space and take a few breaths.
  • Write every damn day. This will be a great opportunity for me to reflect and get some clarity. 
    • I bought a new bujo and a little field notes book with the Chicago flag motif on the front. No excuses.
  • Only check email and work during the time I have agreed on w/ my job (Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY)
  • Do bodyweight exercises 3x/week. If I can find a gym to train w/ barbells, cool. But I'm not going to count on it.

giphy.gif?response_id=59243cce6a2b646ca3

• Like 14

Image result for bye funny

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

giphy.gif?response_id=5924682bc09ba8a47e

• Like 4

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe and the Triforce of Wisdom

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

3 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Hello there!

I happen to know a great gym with barbells in Berlin, which is also where I live btw. (Not the gym, Berlin.) 

just admit, you live in the gym, curl right up on the platform after hours with your head on a bumper plate 

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

53 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

just admit, you live in the gym, curl right up on the platform after hours with your head on a bumper plate 

47 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I wish!

37 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I think we all dream of that day.

Wait! people don't live at their gyms?

uhm...

Image result for asking for a friend

• Like 5

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

2 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Hello there!

I happen to know a great gym with barbells in Berlin, which is also where I live btw. (Not the gym, Berlin.) 

Hello! Yes please send me a list when you have the time. I will be there for 5 full days, so I'm sure I can work something in. Yay!!

Thank you. :-) 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, MaylaKae said:

Only check email and work during the time I have agreed on w/ my job (Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY)

HIIIIII Here of course :D Love this ^^^ boundaries are so key!!!

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

e31fd7982c5e470fd1e51023d00c961d_communi 

I suddenly feel like nothing in my life is good enough...

8 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

What does IG stand for?

8 hours ago, Laghail said:

Instagram, your newest adventure, remember?

I'm pretty sure this is a flavor of :panda:

• Like 6

Alright, alright, alright! Werkin' hard until the minute before takeoff!

Food

I am eating it. More of it. Feeling good. I haven't been tracking macros consistently since I've been sick. Mostly because I'm unsure about what my macros should be anymore... Indecision = Paralysis. I should probably just increase slightly until I hit a spot where I feel good in my lifts but not laying down more fat. I just hate ambiguity. :-P

Workouts

Wednesday was a great workout day. I finally figured out my low bar squat! Feeling steady and comfortable in that position after a few workouts feeling like:

giphy.gif

Squats 3x5 @ 75#

OH Press 3x5 @ 50# 

I need to get small plates for this (.25, .5. 1lb) Jumping 5's is impossible and I keep deloading. 

Deadlift 1x5 @ 95#

Glenn came back for more deadlifts.

• Like 6

low bar is wonderful. plus I don't feel like my neck is being smushed. i have a lot more delts than I have traps. have you tried widening your stance yet? I know you said that was also something you wanted to try. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

A punk rocker!

Image result for punk rock funny

• Like 3

Wheymen

Digging the misfits shirt. Form looks awesome. ALthough it looks like you wriggle a little at the top of the lift to adjust. If it's not just my eyes, break that habit or it will bite you in the ass when you get to bodyweight or greater.

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

32 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

low bar is wonderful. plus I don't feel like my neck is being smushed. i have a lot more delts than I have traps. have you tried widening your stance yet? I know you said that was also something you wanted to try. 

Yes! Stance has been slightly wider than hip width for a couple of weeks. Much easier to shove my knees out and drop it low. I don't have any hip flexor pain and mobility has improved big time. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Digging the misfits shirt. Form looks awesome. ALthough it looks like you wriggle a little at the top of the lift to adjust. If it's not just my eyes, break that habit or it will bite you in the ass when you get to bodyweight or greater.

YES! Will focus more on that next time. I learned that bullshit in bodypump. -_-

My hair also got in my face so... ponytails on deadlift days I guess. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4