Juice Bar (Hangout / Guild Chat)

Welcome to the new challenge!

The Juice Bar is here again, with fresh new recipes, and is a place for fellow rebels to hang out, talk, ask and give advice, talk about interesting things and support each other! Talk about whether or not you will be moving to other guilds, or why you've come back, or why you've come to NerdFitness for the first time. 

Feel free to make yourselves comfortable in the Juice Bar, show us your best gif, and welcome to the new challenge and this community!

Image result for hello gif

I'm going to try something new - but here's a quick challenge for ya'll! 

1) Say hi

2) Post a gif (your favourite, a hello, or something else)

3) Tell us who your favourite hero is and why (fictional or not)

** For any new people, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone for assistance. If you want specific Nerd Fitness advice, try and talk to someone with 500+ posts under their name. If you want their attention, ask in this thread (or their thread), PM them (click on their name and click message), or @ tag them in the thread.

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

d21b35d6074ba1a4360b7152d7a69228.gif

Obligatory new challenge gif!

Hi errbody. I'm Flea. And I'm more than happy to answer questions and such if you have them. 

I'm gonna say my favorite (fictional) hero is Dean Winchester from Supernatural. But I'm gonna hold off on saying why for now, because the season finale was last week and there are still too many feels happening. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

pokemon-gif-lick.gif

I searched pokemon gifs because there are so many good ones and this popped up. I have no idea what's going on here but Pikachu is clearly giving it his all... whatever it is. 

Hi! I'm Wobbegong, and I'll be around. 

My favorite hero... there are so many great ones, how can I choose? I've now been sitting here thinking about it for ten minutes, and I still can't narrow it down much, so I'll just stick with my theme here and say it's Ash Ketchum. I haven't really thought about him in a while, but he's everything a hero ought to be, right? Earnest yet snarky, Ash is a tremendously awful pokemon trainer with delusions of grandeur. He gets by on luck and the goodwill of others, and manages not to cause too much damage to local infrastructure in the process. Yeah... that's real hero material right there. 

• Like 1

Hey all.

So I don't know where to find the cool gifs, I am doing good to find pictures. Anyway, Favorite hero of all time has to be Dana Scully. That character did so much to influence who I became... And while I never did get the medical degree, I did become a red head. I am sure that counts. *smirk* In the face of everything she had to do and deal with, she just did. Did she melt, yeah but she picked herself up and went on. So yeah. Hi all

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 5/23/2017 at 9:49 AM, IAmInfinite said:

1) Say hi

2) Post a gif (your favourite, a hello, or something else)

3) Tell us who your favourite hero is and why (fictional or not)

1) Hi.

2) Couldn't think of a favorite gif, so I just searched my favorite movie and found this gem:

stand-by-me-quote-3-picture-quote-1.gif

3) Daredevil because he's fucking awesome.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Resets

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

12 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

In the face of everything she had to do and deal with, she just did.

Yeah I hear it takes a lot of strength to work with David Duchovny. ;) Seriously, though, like every teenage nerd I had the biggest crush on Scully.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Resets

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Hello fellow Rebel questers. You want a gif, eh? Despite being from the age of gifs, I have never actually posted one, so hopefully I do this right.

xUySTMPTqceh0JkPrW.gif

Haha! I think I figured it out. Seriously, how did a take a year of Web Design back in high school and never learned about these things, even though gifs were popular at the time? Oh well.

Anyway, as for my hero, I am going to go with my real-life hero/inspirational historical person: Leonardo de Vinci. I find his story so inspiring. He could not train to go into the regular work force because he was an illegitimate child, so his father got him an apprenticeship with a painter. Not only did he make the best of his circumstances and because one of the most remembered painters in history, he also pursued his intellectual passion and made major contributions to the fields of biology, physics, botany, and anatomy. I am both an intellectual and a creative, so he has been an inspiration to stick to both instead of letting people tell me I just need to be one or the other. When people told me I was too smart and was wasting my abilities being a vocal performance major in college, I stuck to it anyway. When academic/intellectual expectations were low for performance majors, I bucked the trend and did as well in my science and humanity courses as I did in my music courses. You can be both, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Hybrids are awesome...can you see why I am a Rebel?

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Hello!  I'm super extra new here, but y'all seem cool.  This will be my first Challenge.  So here's this:

giphy.gif

Can't go wrong with a classic.  :-)

Picking a hero is harder.  There are different things I admire about different people... For today I'm going to say Theodore Roosevelt.  His speech on the Strenuous Life is often in the back of my mind, and spurs me on when I'm feeling lazy.  Here's a quote from it that will give you the tone, if you're not familiar with it - 

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

It's a good read.  https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Strenuous_Life 

• Like 2

Level 47 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Just now, Hoosiercheetah said:

Hello!  I'm super extra new here, but y'all seem cool.  This will be my first Challenge.

Welcome to the party! Love the choice of gif. Looking forward to seeing your challenge when you get it up. :)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Okay. Did one of y'all new folks tag your thread "newbie" and everyone else just followed suit? Or is there a GL in the shadows tagging threads for people? I'm glad it's happening either way, but if there's a benevolent ghost lurking here I'd like to say hi.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

39 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Okay. Did one of y'all new folks tag your thread "newbie" and everyone else just followed suit? Or is there a GL in the shadows tagging threads for people? I'm glad it's happening either way, but if there's a benevolent ghost lurking here I'd like to say hi.

I tagged mine because I saw someone else had done theirs.  I'm a follower, like a sheep.  ;-)

• Like 2

Level 47 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Hi.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

3 hours ago, Hoosiercheetah said:

I tagged mine because I saw someone else had done theirs.  I'm a follower, like a sheep.  ;-)

In this case it's totally a good thing, because now everyone can find the new folks! (Also I'm impressed because I still haven't figured out how to get those tags to happen, as opposed to blue ones. I should pay more attention.)

6 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Hi.

tumblr_nw804xaZSu1s2ypwgo1_500.gif

If you squint your avatar could pass for a ghost. Totally works. Thanks for stopping by and handling that. :)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey everybody, I started a PVP challenge that I think many would enjoy. It is called NerdHammer - Age of Darkness

If you like tabletop strategy games like warhammer, or have ever played a game like risk its something you'll like! You get to play as any fantasy faction you can think of. Warriors of chaos from warhammer 40k, the troopers from star wars, or even the autobots!

By exercising you will earn resources to recruit your forces, and throughout the challenge move to control the most of the board and be the ruler of the world of Nerdhammer! 

On top of all these awesome things you get the chance to meet awesome people from other guilds, and do some creative writing (that is completely optional but fun)! Come stop in and say hi!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

giphy.gif

I picked this gif because - I'm going to continue to kick ass and make progress.  And I can't wait to see WW next weekend (yes, I have tix - the first movie I've seen on opening weekend in a LOOOOONG time - but it's the 11:30am showing because I want to avoid as much crowd madness as possible LOL).

I will pretty much disappear from 6/9 - 6/18 for "vacation".  First up is a cigar event in NC that hubby goes to every year (I don't normally, but his normal cigar buddy can't make it this year so I'm going to use his ticket - and get hubby more cigars LOL).  Then we're heading to Florida to inter his father's ashes and start the paperwork to take care of the property down there so we can sell it, check on said property and peek in the shipping container sitting on the property and see if anything is salvageable.  We may be spending the week tossing a bunch of stuff into a dumpster.  So as a vacation - that part is going to be emotional and pretty much suck.

So my goals pretty much reflect - keep doing what's working - we'll start to get more serious after the break.  I need to think of my dietary changes as being "this is the way I eat now" - and keep that up even on the road - even with hubby (which is harder because the man will not eat a vegetable to save his life).

• Like 2

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

19 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Hi all,

Few hours before the start... Are you ready?!?! I am so energised!

I kinda set myself up for failure last night. Unintentionally. But I can still salvage part of the day so I'll do my best!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, JupiterStar said:

Maybe where YOU are, day one is less than an hour from finishing for me! ;) It was exciting!!!!!!!!

Haha, timezones... 

It has been a good day, but a slow start, oh well, there are other 3 weeks and 6 days to do better!

This counts for @fleaball too :) how did you get on the rest of the day?

@Bean Sidhe good! I did the same, but the officiality makes me thrilled :D

• Like 2

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

It's 5pm and I haven't done much yet because I've been dealing with some other stuff, but I have time to hit a few goals. :) Like you said, plenty of time to do better. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

32 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Haha, timezones... 

It has been a good day, but a slow start, oh well, there are other 3 weeks and 6 days to do better!

This counts for @fleaball too :) how did you get on the rest of the day?

@Bean Sidhe good! I did the same, but the officiality makes me thrilled :D

That is a great way to look at it. And yeah, I know what you mean. It is good to know I am not just the only one crazy enough to not give myself that week break. *smirk*

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Hi! I'm new. And feeling all like this: 

2ch9nnt.gif

(I will never not love this gif.)

Favorite hero? Honestly any hero from the Avatar: The Last Airbender 'verse, but right now specifically Toph, which is why ... well, the username and everything.  She's heroic to me because she has a lot of disadvantages in life, but she turns them into strengths and becomes literally the BEST at what she does. Her apparent weakness becomes her greatest strength, just because she chooses not to let her weakness define her. "Rock" on.

• Like 3

"It matters not how strait the gate; how charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate; I am the Captain of my Soul."

"Invictus"- William Ernest Henley