fatestay-night-unlimited-blade-works-552

With the upcoming release of the Fate/Apocrypha anime i decided to go with a Fate Stay Night/Fate Grand Order theme. In short this is a anime/game where Heroic Spirits from histroy/mythology fight for a Holy Grail that will make any wish a person has come true. The show/game has 7 different classes and i have those sorted with the goals i have for this challenge.

Saber: Train my body

I am going to continue with my Startbodyweight Routine on MWF and on the off-days i will GtG (Greave the Groove) on my Pistol Squats and Archer Pull-ups to get better with them. With the goal of doing 10 reps on the off days.

• Start Bodyweight Routine on Monday, Wednesday & Friday [3x a week] = __/3 = __/21
  • Greave the Groove on Pistol Squats & Archer Pull-ups, 2 reps everytime i am in my hall-way - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday/Sunday [3x a week] = __/3 = __/21

Sabercard_zpsptwo7mds.jpg

Archer/Lancer: Improve Endurance

Last challenge i made a great start again with running and i noticed good improvements, for this challenge i am going to run 3x a week. On week days a run of 3,5 - 4 km and in the weekend go for a 5K run. Each time trying to run longer and with fewer breaks.

• Run 3,5-4 km on Tuesday & Thursday [2 times a week] = __/2 = __/8
  • Run 5K on Saturday/Sunday [once a week] = __/1 = __/4

Archercard_zpsl08he8bs.jpgLancercard_zps3vbrrhgk.jpg

Assassin

I am going to continue my Headstand Training and my daily #5 Minute Flow. I saw nice improvements with my Headstand Training ending the last challenge with a hold time of almost 2 minutes. 

Everyday i am going to start the day with my #5 Minute Flow and on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday/Sunday i am going to hold the headstand.

• #5 Minute Flow [Every day] = __/7 = __/28
  • Headstand Training [3x a week] = __/3 = __/21

Assassincard_zpsfqoj35qz.jpg

Caster

In the past i used to do a little bit of Duolingo to learn a new language but i always half-assed it, this challenge i'm going to up the ante by practicing German & Swedish. I am also going to read 3 light novels of Spice and Wolf volumes 6,7 & 8. And cook atleast 4 new easy recipes from "15 Minutes Paleo".

• Duolingo German & Swedish [Every day] = __/7 = __/28
  • Spice & Wolf Volume 6,7,8 [Read all 3] = __/3 
  • Cook 4 new recipes from "15 Minute Paleo" = __/4

Castercard_zpsqrznvdlf.jpg

Rider/Berserker: 100% Gaming Darksiders

I didnt quite finish Bioshock Infinite in the last challenge so im putting it on hold for now. For this challenge i am going to 100% complete Darksiders

• Darksiders [Every day atleast a hour] = __/7 = __/28

Ridercard-2_zps7emsgvge.jpgBerserkercard_zpsmdjb7ql1.jpg

Ruler: Support

Besides to the people i regularly follow i am also going to follow 3 other Rebels and encourage them all 5 days a week. And update everyday on my own progress.

• Follow & encourage 3 other rebels [5x a week] = __/5 = __/20
  • Update own progress [7x a week] = __/7 = __/28

RulerCard-2_zpsfz4kobo5.png

Master: Other

Didnt really know where to put these goals so i decided to put them in other. These goals are mostly orientated towards my daily habits. Like cleaning and tracking my food (for the first time).

• Use my Pomodoro system to clean my apartment every day [7x a week] = __/7 = __/28
  • Track my week days food with MFP [5x a week] = __/7 = __/28

The next post i will explain a bit about the Fate Universe. How it started, what shows/games there are and the best watch order and upcoming movies/shows.

And each day i will explain a bit about a Servant class with a bit of History of the Heroic Spirit i picked for that week.

• Like 6

This challenge is flipping epic! Awesomeness love it! :D That's a lot of goals but I know you'll be able to handle it and knock them out of the park! Here to watch the continued progress :) 

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Here is a little bit about the Fate Series. Directly from the Type-Moon Wiki.

The Fate series is a Type-Moon media collective that follows various events called Holy Grail Wars that invole Masters, generally accomplished magi, summoning Servants, Heroic Spirits, and battling each other until the last remaining pair can claim the purported Holy Grail. It began with the visual novel, Fate/stay Night, and has since gathered a number of prequels, sequals, spinoffs and adaptations bearing the same “Fate” name.

Servants/Heroic Spirits

Servants are reincarnations of legendary souls from all across time. These resurrected Heroic Spirits possess superhuman characteristics and wiel powerful artifacts or abilities called Noble Phantasms. A Noble Phantasm’s hidden abilities may be released by invoking its true name, but casual brandishing of a Noble Phantasm is best avoided, for symbolic Noble Phantasms usually belie a Servant’s Identity, diminishing their competitive advantage. Specific legends may be summoned with the aid of catalysts, which are artifacts, ideas or experiences similar to or of value to the desired Servant. Only one Servant can be summoned in each war from one of seven classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Berserker, Rider, Assassin and Caster.

More info about each Servant class coming this week

Shows

At the moment there are 4 anime series with the Fate name and 1 comedy serie with characters from all Type-Moon shows.

Fate/Stay Night

Fate/Zero                  

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Fate/Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILLYA

Carnival Phantasm

Fate/Zero is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Stay Night UBW. The difference between Stay Night and Stay Night UBW is that the story is slightly different. Stay Night has 3 “routes”, each with a different course for the story.

Fate/Kaleid is a spin-off show where a Illya (a character in Stay Night) becomes a magical girl and needs to collect Servant Cards.

If you plan to watch the series I would recommend:

Fate/Zero – Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, both have been made by Ufotable and they did a amazing job of making it look awesome.

You can watch Carnival Phantasm & Fate/Kaleid on their own. But I do recommend after you saw Fate/Zero & Fate/Stay Night UBW

Games

Fate/Extra

Fate/Extra CCC [sequel to Fate/Extra]

Fate/Extella

Fate Grand Order [mobile game]; i am currently playing this game. Its a turn based JRPG game where you are a master going through different time periods to save the world

Upcoming series

Fate/Apocrypha; upcoming summer season comes the anime adaption for the Fate/Apocrypha light novel. It has new Servants like: Frankenstein, Jack The Ripper, Atlanta & Achilles. (I have read the first 2 translated novels, so i am very excited for this).

fat017-english.jpg

Fate/Stay Night Heavens Feel; The final “route” from the Fate/Stay Night novel. Fans of the show are excited for this one and so am i. It’s a bit darker route.

I hope this made sense. If you have any questions, please do not wait and ask. 

To finish off here is a Fate Grand Order AMV which made me excited to go play the game.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

This challenge is flipping epic! Awesomeness love it! :D That's a lot of goals but I know you'll be able to handle it and knock them out of the park! Here to watch the continued progress :) 

Thanks Ryuu, your challenge is also freaking awesome. Today i saw a sneak peak from American Ninja Warrior where Stephen Amell tried out.

• Like 3

Week 0, Day 1 & Day 2

I didnt post this challenge until day 2 put what i did day 1 still mattered. 

Saber: Woke up a bit late thanks to my night shift but got through my bodyweight workout. Day 2 didnt do any GtG since i thought of it on the spot when i posted the challenge :D

Archer/Lancer: Did my normal run of 3,29 km in one go and slightly faster than the other times. 3,29km in 17:18 not too bad :) 

Assassin: Did my morning #5 Minute Flow's, didnt do any Headstand Training...yet. Perhaps ill do a quick one today (Day 3).

Caster: Need to order the books, but i am going to make atleast a start with Duolingo. I already did a lot of German, i think im at 34% but i need to refresh everything. I think Swedish will be easy to learn since it is in the same Language Family as German and Dutch (my mother language).

Rider/Berserker: No start just yet, but today (Day 3) i am going to download it on my Xbox One and play the first level. Hopefully i still have my save data so i can start on the highest difficulty. If not, oh well.

Ruler: Besides the regular people i follow ( @Ryuu1011 @Lilmissbri@Grayspeed@Jonesy@zeroh13) i decided to follow 2 pretty new members to the forums  (@Hírilorn @StarlordPhoenix). And 1 returning member (@Batgrl )

I hope the tagging doesnt make me look like a attention seeker or a seeker for followers. If it does i'm sorry :( 

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant Class: Saber

Saber, Knight of the Sword and Heroic Spirit of the Sword, is one of the Three Knight classes among the seven standard Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are agile and powerful melee warriors adept at swordsmanship, boasting high ratings in allcategories, and they are often heroes from the Age of Gods when magecraft was still commonplace. 

Notable Saber servants: King Arthur (story will come next week), Siegfried, Gaius Julius Caesar, Nero Claudius Ceasar & Mordred.

8300b827ede7a81568177998a1edd1d1.gif

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant Class: Archer

Archer, Knight of the Bow and Heroic Spirit of the Bow, is one of the Three Knight classes among the seven standard Servant classes summned for the Holy Grail War. Servant placed within this class excel in possessing powerful Noble Phantasms, are able to act as highly effective scouts, and are frequently Heroic Spirits from the Age of Gods when magecraft was still commonplace.

Notable Archer servants: Robin Hood, Atalanta, Gilgamesh (story will come next week) Billy the Kid, James Moriarty, No Name (story will come next week).

602582a19c6efd0f7f0b57c5e6ac0172.gif

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

I hope the tagging doesnt make me look like a attention seeker or a seeker for followers.

Hey it helped me find your challenge easier. :) 

Love your goals and I swear Steven Amell is Green Arrow...the dedication and work that guy puts into his character is amazing. 

• Like 2

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

4 hours ago, Batgrl said:

Love Everything about this challenge!  Learning German is a long-range goal of mine and I LOVE Spice & Wolf.  Also nice to find someone else using Startbodyweight.com.  

German has become more important for me as a extra language since my brother started working in Germany near Winterberg (ski location), still tough but handy that i can just drive a few hours and be at him and try my german :) 

I started using Startbodyweight since .....January i believe. I have made amazing gains, but now i am stuck at Pistol Squats and Archer Pull-ups. Then again these are both tough exercises.

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Hey it helped me find your challenge easier. :) 

Love your goals and I swear Steven Amell is Green Arrow...the dedication and work that guy puts into his character is amazing. 

Haha lucky me. I was rather late this time with posting my challenge, normally i have it ready on the day it starts :) 

Stephen Amell is so ripped, he is a literal superhero. I do need to catch up to the show...

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

I still have to get my challenge up. >_<

No rush. Its still Prep Week. But ill keep an eye on you so i know when you've put it up.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Notable Archer servants: Robin Hood, Atalanta, Gilgamesh (story will come next week) Billy the Kid, James Moriarty, No Name (story will come next week).

602582a19c6efd0f7f0b57c5e6ac0172.gif

I f*cking love Archer. He's such a badass. Haha!

• Like 2

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Week 0, Day 3 & Day 4

Saber: Did my workout and got my 10 GtG reps on day 4 as planned. Perhaps ill link the google doc in my signature.....

Archer/Lancer: Ran today but i felt really exhausted for some reason, not really sure why. It could be because i didnt have any breakfast. But i always ran/workout before breakfast.

Assassin: Did my morning #5 Minute Flow's. Held my Headstand for 3x 1:15. Friday ill go for 1:30. When i get 2 minutes i am going to start an try to extent me legs to the ceiling.

Caster: Started with Duolingo, still deciding how many xp i should go for. I could do 60 (30 for both) or a casual 30xp. Ordered my new Spice & Wolf books on day 3 and enjoyed volume 5 a little bit outside in the sun (picture below)

Rider/Berserker: Installed and started, done the intro & tutorial and am now going to the first boss collecting all the lifestones, artifacts, wrath stones & Abyssal Armor pieces

Ruler: Doing it :D 

How can someone not fall in love with Holo? Just look at that smile. Hopefully i can finish the all the 18 volumes this year, it will look good with the figures i pre-ordered of Holo.

276300_s5.jpg286762_s11.jpg

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant Class: Lancer

Lancer, Knight of the Lance and Heroic Spirit of the Lance, is one of the Three Knight Classes among the seven standard Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servant placed within this class, many of which are Heroic Spirits who were knights, are very agile, display excellent close combat skills, show proficiency in hit-and-run tacts that capitalize on range and speed, and are skilled with long range melee weapons such as spears and lances.

Notable Lancer servants: Cu Chulainn (post next week), Vlad III the Impaler, Karna, Leonidas I, Scathach, Brynhildr.

326.gif

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant Class: Caster

Caster, Magus and Heroic Spirit of Spells and Sorcery, is one of the Four Cavalry classes among the seven standard Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are usually adept in magecraft, and the only qualifying condition is the mastery of sorceries of the highest caliber compared to the specific parameter requirements of the other classes. Duo to not requiring any strong statistics, they generally have low combat abilities, and duo to the majority of Servant having some form of Magic Resistance, this class is thought to be the weakest of all seven. They make up for this with other means, using magecraft that no longer exists in the current ago and, no matter which Heroic Spirit is of which classes, possessing many possible ploys to be used against enemies.

Notable Caster servants: Medea (post next week), Tamamo-no-Mae, Hans Christian Andersen, Archimedes, Merlin, William Shakespeare.

07d8c27b0f4d1a96762de55206106ab5.gif

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

I f*cking love Archer. He's such a badass. Haha!

He's really cool. In the 2004 version he's not that interesting but in UBW you can really see how awesome he is. Its just cool he is roughly even in close combat with Saber and Lancer and can do massive long range damage.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

He's really cool. In the 2004 version he's not that interesting but in UBW you can really see how awesome he is. Its just cool he is roughly even in close combat with Saber and Lancer and can do massive long range damage.

Oh really? I've only ever seen the UBW. (I didn't realize there were more. haha) So, he's my favorite! Haha.

• Like 2

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap

6 minutes ago, Lilmissbri said:

Oh really? I've only ever seen the UBW. (I didn't realize there were more. haha) So, he's my favorite! Haha.

That Archer is also in Fate Stay Night (2004) but that version was pretty bad, especially if you watched UBW. 

Here's a preview for the upcoming Fate/Apocrypha anime, it comes out in July. And a few servants in it are Frankenstein, Mordred, Vlad & the Holy Maiden Jeanne d'Arc.

• Like 1

Week 0, Day 5

Saber: Got 4 reps on Pistol Squats :o, but the weird thing is....my opposite leg doesn't go straight forward like it should, it goes with a 45 degree angle to the side. Is this normal?? Or has it to do with my leg mobility?? Perhaps it will get better with time.

Archer/Lancer: Rest day.

Assassin: Did my morning #5 Minute Flow's. Tomorrow is a new Headstand training day.

Caster: 3 day streak :) a good start now i just need to keep it going. I can guess what some Swedish sentences mean because it has a lot of similarities to dutch and german but its still hard to write/type the correct way. Ordered also the "15 Minute Paleo" book with my next morning read: The Innocent by David Baldacci.

Rider/Berserker: Almost at the first boss Tiamat, got stuck at a annoying part with a few tough enemies. So i died a lot.

Ruler: Doing it :D 

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant class: Assassin

Assassin, Silent Killer and Heroic Spirit of the Assassinations, is one of the Four Cavalry classes among the seven standard Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants of this class are skilled at operating covertly, stealthy and silently. This class is one of the weaker classes at fighting; as its members possess low attributes duo to not having glorious legends as heroes, it instead specializes in killing Masters rather than Servants.It is an oddity compared to the more formal Knight classes who believe in fair duels and chivalry in combat; they will attack using the most unfair and favorable conditions; and with these conditions, it is possible for an Assassins to match and defeat other Servants.

Notable Assassin servants: Jack The Ripper, Phantom of the Opera, Dr. Jekyll.

https%2525253A%2525252F%2525252F49.media

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Saber: Got 4 reps on Pistol Squats :o, but the weird thing is....my opposite leg doesn't go straight forward like it should, it goes with a 45 degree angle to the side. Is this normal?? Or has it to do with my leg mobility?? Perhaps it will get better with time.

This would happen with me too when I was doing the assisted pistol squats. I was using a table to stabilize and I would have trouble getting back up, knee going to the side, etc. Definitely think there is probably a lack of core strength (at least for me), but I found that using a door frame helped with all of this. I felt my form was way better than using a table or a bench.

2 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Servant class: Assassin

HEY!! That's us!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

Definitely think there is probably a lack of core strength (at least for me), but I found that using a door frame helped with all of this. I felt my form was way better than using a table or a bench.

Maybe its core strength, never really like doing core exercises. So most of the time i shorten them or don't do them. But i am past the door frame part. Now i need to do them with no extra help. Now i stand a few cm's from a wall and if i fall back i rest with my back against the wall and from there i push back up. 

2 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

HEY!! That's us!!!

Hell Yeah!! Too bad there arent a lot of gifs of Assassin in the Fate series. Or really notable heroic spirits.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Hell Yeah!! Too bad there arent a lot of gifs of Assassin in the Fate series. Or really notable heroic spirits.

source.gif

• Like 3

On 2017-5-26 at 6:14 PM, Grandkai_NL said:

I find this is usually to do with weak hip flexors, but everybody is different and it's often surprising what body part is the cause of problems.

• Like 3

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

Week 0, Day 6

Saber: Did GtG only once or twice. Reconnected with some friends on Destiny and played almost the whole day with them.

Archer/Lancer: Rest day.

Assassin: Did my morning #5 Minute Flow's. Did 3x75 seconds. Not what i wanted, i was aiming for 90 seconds but my head really hurt this time. Next time im going to use a towel so its a bit softer

Caster: 4 day streak :) a good start now i just need to keep it going. The new Spice & Wolf novels were delivered very late, they had some traffic problems. But i got them :) Only problem i'm getting right now is that the IKEA KALLAX that i use as to store my books and (mostly) gaming figures is starting to fill up. So i either have to buy a new book/gaming case or remove books/figures. 

Rider/Berserker: On my way to the second boss, so far on Apocalyptic (hardest difficulty) its not that hard. And i am using a few youtube videos to help me locate all the collectibles i need.

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant class: Rider

Rider, Mounted Knight and Heroic Spirit of the Mount, is one of the Four Cavalry classes among the seven standard Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are those known for riding mounts, living beasts or human constructs, during their lives. They generally have lower attributes compared to the Three Knight classes, but the abilities of the mounts described in their legends compensate by granting them powerful Noble Phantasms or abilities.

Notable Rider servants: Alexander the Great, Medusa (post next week), Astolfo, Francis Drake.

7854da4a02864eb2d0d66dc4b6742bb7.gif

• Like 6

Week 0, Day 7

Saber: Forgot about GtG, a new habit so it takes a little bit to work in

Archer/Lancer: Ran 5km under 30 minutes :D 

Assassin: Did my morning #5 Minute Flow's. Next headstand training is Tuesday.

Caster: Duolingo = 5 day streak - Reading: Starting soon.

Rider/Berserker: In the second dungeon, i think in half-way right now.

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant class: Berserker

Berserker, Mad Warrior and Heroic Spirit of Berserk Rage, is one of the Four Cavalry classes among the seven standard Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are always Heroic Spirits who have gone berserk during battle at least once in their lifetime. This trait allows them to use the special ability Mad Enhancement, which trades their consciousness and sanity for a large power boost. This class is usually for magi who have summoned Heroic Spirits with insufficient abilities and attributes, allowing them to strengthen their Servant to make up for their lower attributes and compete against stronger opponents.

Notable Berserker servants: Lancelot, Heracles, Frankenstein, Spartacus, Hyde

tumblr_nn3wjroAwd1s5f9ado1_540.gif

Type-Moon/Fate lesson

Servant class: Ruler/Jeanne d'Arc

Ruler is a non-standard Servant class brought forth for the purpose of presiding over Holy Grail Wars. The Fuyuki Grail utilizes its own logic to sense when actions are encroaching upon its authority, and regardless of other mediators like those from the Church, its brings forth Ruler to protect the concept of the Holy Grail War itself. In the case of the reserve system of the Greater Grail being activated in the Great Holy Grail War (the war in Fate/Apocrypha coming in July) Ruler takes neither side of the battle, but only acts in the interest of the Grail. 

Upcoming week (Week 1) i am going to tell a little bit about different Heroic Spirits from Fate/Stay Night UBW. With a link to their Type-Moon wiki page with more info about that servant and the legend they represent.

Ruler Heroic Spirit: Jeanne d'Arc

Joan of Arc was a common farmer's daughter. She claims she had received the command of God to fight. She heard the Lord's lament that the world changed straight into hell. The Lord wept into sorrow as no one could stop it and people were not even allowed to live simply, and were compelled to become either beasts or food. Conflict never ended, and blood continued to rain incessantly and soak the land. She received a revelation from the Lord, the voice contained no glory or Victory, no obligation or sense of purpose but only the Lord laments.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Ruler_(Fate/Apocrypha)

I remember there was a old movie about Jeanne d'Arc called "The Messenger, The Story of Joan of Arc" where Mila Jovovich played Joan. I dont remember if the movie was good, havent watched it in probably 10 years. 

728556.png

Look at that smile :D, i wouldnt mind traveling through France with her.

• Like 5