13 hours ago, Blocky said:

He probably meant sleeves and wraps... but I concur.

The only way they will add anything is if you were somehow able to squat down, quickly grab the bar and stand up again in one smooth motion, but you would need perfect timing and a super strong back. As soon as the bar weight tugs you out of position you will just get fucked up.

I sometimes wear sleeves just for the warmth aspect on my warm up sets but they get super annoying when you try and navigate a heavier load past the knee.

Helpful input from you both and thanks for translating my typo. Gunna ignore sleeves until I sign up for another 3 event meet. 

• Like 2

Wait. I don't think I understand. 

Did Foucault use wraps or sleeves?

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

18 hours ago, Laghail said:

Foucault died of aids. I suspect he didn't wrap it. 

Ouch... 

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

20 hours ago, Laghail said:

Foucault died of aids. I suspect he didn't wrap it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I don't fully understand whats going on here.. But why not?

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] <--Current Challenge

Current Saiyan form -  Super Saiyan 

On 5/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, Chimichanga said:

giphy.gif

Ok, I've never understood this... Someone takes off their glasses to try and see better to make sure they're really seeing what they think they're seeing. How is this logical? They take OFF their glasses to see better? Sunglasses I can understand, but prescription eyeglasses? so confused...

• Like 5

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe and the Triforce of Wisdom

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

5 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Ok, I've never understood this... Someone takes off their glasses to try and see better to make sure they're really seeing what they think they're seeing. How is this logical? They take OFF their glasses to see better? Sunglasses I can understand, but prescription eyeglasses? so confused...

I wear glasses and I have never done this. At least for long distance. 

I do take them off when I use my phone, but I think moreso out of habit of phone-use in bed, vs it actually being useful. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

22 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I wear glasses and I have never done this. At least for long distance. 

I do take them off when I use my phone, but I think moreso out of habit of phone-use in bed, vs it actually being useful. 

I guess if someone was far-sighted... maybe they're reading glasses? 

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe and the Triforce of Wisdom

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Hit a fun PR of 475 on DL on Saturday. Last 1rep PR was 465 in February, but I hit two reps this weekend. 531 nonsense, they really frown on 1rep attempts and propose an "everyone is a winner" approach to 3, 5, 8, ect rep PR's. Likely a healthier strategy that makes me do more overall work instead of living and dying by the 1rm, but, teh pridez...

Image result for foucault weightlifting

Back to 5 rep sets this week and squat felt heavy at 335 (too much memorial day ice cream but no ragrats), and barbell complex at 135 had me taking suspiciously long pauses between sets. Might need to down tick the weight to keep it an actual flow for all 36-48 reps. 

Image result for foucault meme

Crazy busy weekend with unpacking and seeing some friends and family, but it's good for the soul I suppose. Grabbed a few mins to meditate and yoga, because sanity reasons. And I even dusted off the duolingo app. #progress.

Image result for foucault funny

Oh yeah, and tracking, hard pass over this weekend. Who even does holiday tracking??

Image result for foucault funny

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Laghail said:

Hit a fun PR of 475 on DL on Saturday. Last 1rep PR was 465 in February, but I hit two reps this weekend. 531 nonsense, they really frown on 1rep attempts and propose an "everyone is a winner" approach to 3, 5, 8, ect rep PR's. Likely a healthier strategy that makes me do more overall work instead of living and dying by the 1rm, but, teh pridez...

Awesome! I also understand that a rep PR is a PR but I do not get the same adrenaline/happy rush as I do with a near death one rep so I do not keep track of anything but those. Plus my general gym accounting laziness.

• Like 2

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:
On 5/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, Chimichanga said:

giphy.gif

I've occasionally done this. But it's only been because I do not want to see what I'm looking at. You know, like the whole train wreck thing.... 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Awesome! I also understand that a rep PR is a PR but I do not get the same adrenaline/happy rush as I do with a near death one rep so I do not keep track of anything but those. Plus my general gym accounting laziness.

I didn't until I read something. Don't remember what it was. Might have been the 5/3/1 write-up on t-nation.

"If you did 229x6 last week and 229x9 this week, you got stronger and hit a PR. It counts." Paraphrased cause lazy.

• Like 4

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

30 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I've occasionally done this. But it's only been because I do not want to see what I'm looking at. You know, like the whole train wreck thing.... 

Yeah I make sure to wear glasses vs contacts and then I do this if I'm going to go see a scary movie

30 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I didn't until I read something. Don't remember what it was. Might have been the 5/3/1 write-up on t-nation.

"If you did 229x6 last week and 229x9 this week, you got stronger and hit a PR. It counts." Paraphrased cause lazy.

100% agree that they count! I have everything written down and could keep track of rep PRs, but that is unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

7 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

100% agree that they count! I have everything written down and could keep track of rep PRs, but that is unlikely to happen.

Use an app that tracks it for you. Jefit, fitnotes, etc.

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

15 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Yeah I make sure to wear glasses vs contacts and then I do this if I'm going to go see a scary movie

^^ It's all written down. I couldn't tell you off-hand what my 8 rep PR is, but it's in a doc somewhere. Usually 1rep PR tracking is just something I do to monitor ratios (is my deadlift lagging vs my squat? ) or calculate the next cycle of 531.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Seems like a good application for a google sheet!

• Like 2

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

On 5/27/2017 at 4:30 PM, Chimichanga said:

giphy.gif

This was an amazing first challenge thread to start reading.

If you think this one's shocking... go find his "Phrasing" challenge.  

• Like 5

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr