Sylvaa [Imposter]

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I hurt my back. It wasn't due to form or anything like that, the coach said something to me and I looked at him while swinging. This is something I do a lot (not hurt my back, but turn my head while working out) and is probably one of this biggest things I need to work on. I took some Advil this morning and am going to follow up with some Aleve in a few hours for the ride home. It's not horrible, but it's going to be an issue with the amount of sitting I do for work.

I took some Advil this morning for pain relief / inflammation decrease. I am now drowsy. This should be fun!

NOOOOOO! Dangit...you were just trying to make sure you listened to the coaching tips! I've done this before without thinking too, Sylvaa, but it was generally fine a couple days later. I'm pretty aggressive with my "i have a kink in my neck" rehab. I massage and take a lacrosse ball to the spot that's sore relegiously until I start to feel some pain relief. Sending healing vibes your way!! Maybe take shorter but more frequent breaks today so you're not sitting for long periods??

It's been exciting to read about your Adventures with Crossfit :)

But apparently, things like being concerned about co-workers dietary restrictions is going above and beyond instead of just being a good person?

Corporate America needs more people like you, Sylvaa!

bfa47dd864b56e6a4d827b06058b90c1.gif

Wolf

• Like 7

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

Corporate America needs more people like you, Sylvaa!

To be fair, my new PM can't eat soy, so she has a lot of the same dietary restrictions that I do, so it's not like I'm going too far out of my way. But if we are all supposed to be going out to eat together, it makes sense to make sure that everyone can eat before we decide on a restaurant, right? This is common sense and makes sure I don't get hangry. 

Luckily, since I drink a lot of water, I HAVE to get up regularly to pee. So I am definitely taking a lot of breaks anyway! 

• Like 7
On 6/19/2017 at 3:28 PM, Sylvaa said:

late 90's / early 00's Nicholas Cage

Okay, I'm gonna need specific films here for reference. Like...Snake Eyes? City of Angels? 8MM? I really liked him in Bringing Out the Dead. And my paramedic friend said that was the most accurate movie he has ever seen. Wait..you're probably talking about Leaving Las Vegas? Gone in Sixty Seconds?

• Like 6

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

12 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Okay, I'm gonna need specific films here for reference. Like...Snake Eyes? City of Angels? 8MM? I really liked him in Bringing Out the Dead. And my paramedic friend said that was the most accurate movie he has ever seen. Wait..you're probably talking about Leaving Las Vegas? Gone in Sixty Seconds?

Out of everything in my thread, this is what you get stuck on? con Air, The Rock, Gone in Sixty Seconds. Yes, those years. 

Work drama and smelling cinnamon bread is making me cranky this morning. I need more coffee. 

• Like 6

Out of everything in my thread, this is what you get stuck on? con Air, The Rock, Gone in Sixty Seconds. Yes, those years. 

Work drama and smelling cinnamon bread is making me cranky this morning. I need more coffee. 

I can't help it. I love movies. :-)

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

I suppose I should challenge wrap up a bit - even though I never end in the same place I began.

Work stress really put a damper in working towards goals, but overall I did really well. We ended up getting sign off on our number before the end of our fiscal year, which is a huge deal.  But trying to balance two demanding projects is super hard and by the end of last week, I was kind of done. Luckily, nothing will be signed off in July, so I have the next six weeks to tackle my current project and get ahead of the curve on my previous project (I'll still be tracking until about October, just not to the magnitude I have been currently). 

With all that going on, I still managed to go on a few runs on the road and at home AND sign up for a Crossfit gym. The current gym plan will be to go M and Tu night, then Thu morning. The little tweak to my back is pretty much okay now, it wasn't like an injury, so I'm still planning on going tonight, but will modify if necessary. 

What did suffer was school. Going to the gym meant being social afterwards and not getting to the hotel until after 9. Not only did this hurt my school goals, but it significantly depleted my social mana. Luckily, my co-workers are very accepting of this (and will be going in the mornings). 

The most success I have had is on the belly front. I've pretty much eliminated all grains (I still need to play around with Quinoa to see how that goes). I've pretty much figured out it is not related to gluten. I'm fairly confident that I have an intolerance to a preservative or other added ingredient). I feel better, which is always the goal, but I am a bit bummed that my scale batteries died and I've not remembered to get replacements. 

Also, I've taken my son out driving twice and not died, so there is that. 

• Like 10
9 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, just heard back:

After July 14th, we will have a new addition to our home. We are getting a third cat; Potato. 

Best. Name. Ever. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

26 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

After July 14th, we will have a new addition to our home. We are getting a third cat; Potato. 

I love food-related cat names!

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, just heard back:

YESSSSSSS. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUZiJUGUQ_yQg08oKcNzZ

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

3 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

You know we want pics!

Seconding this!

• Like 2

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

2 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Actually, our dog is Molasses - Molly for short. 

All of our pets for years have been named after food.  Go figure, right?   Right now I have cat named Pepper and a dog named Cookie.  My previous cats were Jasmine and Sage, and we had a dog named Oreo, and a dog named Ruffles (who had a litter of puppes.  I can't remember all of their names but there was cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, and Butterball for sure).  My mom's dog's name is also Potato but we call him 'Tater.  My sister's cat's name is Toast.  

• Like 9

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

My pets have somehow mostly had human names. I've had a Mandy (dog), a Jake (cat) and a Luna (cat). Then Zoe (cat), and my current cat is Charlie. I was perusing the cats to adopt at the local shelter, and saw they had a mature, friendly tom named Curtis. I was heading for Costco (next to the shelter) to do some pre-Thanksgiving shopping & thought, "I ought to stop at the shelter and adopt Curtis. I could just walk up to the counter and say 'I'm here to pick up Curtis.'" That tickled me and I nearly did it - except then I came to my senses and realized that with my parents coming in, and dealing with holiday stuff, the last thing I needed was to have two male cats stress-spraying all over the place. 

Still kind of sorry I didn't go get him, though. He'd already been adopted when I checked a few days later.

• Like 6

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

1 hour ago, Bookish Badger said:

That tickled me and I nearly did it - except then I came to my senses and realized that with my parents coming in, and dealing with holiday stuff, the last thing I needed was to have two male cats stress-spraying all over the place. 

Still kind of sorry I didn't go get him, though. He'd already been adopted when I checked a few days later.

Nooooooo, what a sad story!! Charlie and Curtis could have been friends.

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 6/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, Sylvaa said:

Finally found why my Spider Sense was tingling all week. Somebody was talking my language.

I think I got my current job from how I answered the interview question of what genre of movie is my favorite. I answered anything titled Con Air.

Now I'm just waiting for my next paycheck and for the Cage Cage Shorts to be back in stock.

• Like 1