Maigahane Battles the Snacking Demon

Maigs

2 hours ago, Maigahane said:

It's a European candy. Kinda like Twix bars but with hazelnut cream inside

I'm not sure you can describe them as being similar. They are the same shape... thats about it.  I actually don't like Bueno bars all that much. I do love a good Twix though, so long as they come from my hometown and not the US. There is a difference :P Nevertheless there isn't much chance of candy lasting the night in my house, let alone a year. I've got a strict 'don't have it around unless we are ok with eating it' rule when it comes to candy. 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm not sure you can describe them as being similar. They are the same shape... thats about it.

I said kinda like a Twix :P I've described them as Ferrero Rocher in Twix form but I don't know how many people know Ferrero Rocher either. I'm not a big fan of Twix. Maybe they're coming from the wrong place :)

Current Challenge:  Maigs Does a Montage

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

I said kinda like a Twix :P I've described them as Ferrero Rocher in Twix form but I don't know how many people know Ferrero Rocher either. I'm not a big fan of Twix. Maybe they're coming from the wrong place :)

I'm not a big fan of Farrari Roaches really (my name for Ferrero Rochers). LOL

I like twix. Haven't had one in a long time. Candy bars like that really aren't too hard for me to resist. 

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Late to the party but following along and caught up! 

I have zero willpower and don't understand how people have candy or sweets around without eating them all. My trick is when I buy snack or candy I buy the smallest package available because I know I'm likely to eat it until it's gone. 

• Like 4

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Late to the party but following along and caught up! 

I have zero willpower and don't understand how people have candy or sweets around without eating them all. My trick is when I buy snack or candy I buy the smallest package available because I know I'm likely to eat it until it's gone. 

That's my usual plan of attack too

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Evicious said:

Speaking of candy and such, I've been hearing whispers of a recipe for black bean brownies.... Anyone else ever heard of it?

I have heard of it but haven't tried any. Someone needs to find one, make it, and report back on it's deliciousness

• Like 1

Week 1 - Thursday

Food - Big ol' check mark! No variances, no snacks, and I stuck to 1500cals.

Breakfast - PB&J Oatmeal (getting sick of these yet? :P )

Lunch - Leftover family recipe casserole, blueberries, banana

Dinner - *sigh* this is why reporting my food is hard. The recipe started out as English Sirloin Pasties but I made it vegetarian, left out the pasties part, and doubled the heavy whipping cream. I don't have a name for it that makes sense now. But I had a serving of that and a banana

Cardio - I went to Hub's work monthly 5k run. I made at least two wrong turns so I only did 2.6miles and it was very hilly so not as much running as I'd like but still a good workout. Put's me up to 37k for their challenge (March 1 - Oct 31). 13k steps total for the day and 15 ticks pulled off me (none attached)

Strength - Nope. I will make it to the gym tonight. There's an 8 year old showing up to my house today that I wouldn't mind missing (he's a good kid, I just don't like kids)

Caffeine - I have 7 caffeine mixes left at work. I will finish them off and not bring any more with me. With weekends (we have them at home for hubs) that means I will be done around the 15th

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Food - Big ol' check mark! No variances, no snacks, and I stuck to 1500cals.

Breakfast - PB&J Oatmeal (getting sick of these yet? :P )

Lunch - Leftover family recipe casserole, blueberries, banana

Dinner - *sigh* this is why reporting my food is hard. The recipe started out as English Sirloin Pasties but I made it vegetarian, left out the pasties part, and doubled the heavy whipping cream. I don't have a name for it that makes sense now. But I had a serving of that and a banana

Yay for successful check marks! 

Hmm... that is hard to understand what you did. English Sirloin Pasties without the Sirloin or the Pasties? Well, I hope it was good! :P

13 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Caffeine - I have 7 caffeine mixes left at work. I will finish them off and not bring any more with me. With weekends (we have them at home for hubs) that means I will be done around the 15th

Kicking caffeine is hard! You got this though. :) 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

13 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Dinner - *sigh* this is why reporting my food is hard. The recipe started out as English Sirloin Pasties but I made it vegetarian, left out the pasties part, and doubled the heavy whipping cream. I don't have a name for it that makes sense now.

Deconstructed Vegetarian English Pasty

• Like 2

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

11 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Hmm... that is hard to understand what you did. English Sirloin Pasties without the Sirloin or the Pasties? Well, I hope it was good! :P

I'll have a picture for the Voxer later (mmmm....leftovers). But the sirloin was chopped up in a food processor so I replaced it with a ground beef-type veggie meat. Neither Hubs nor I liked the pie crust part so now we just eat it in a bowl :)

11 minutes ago, Evicious said:

Deconstructed Vegetarian English Pasty

That's really long though :P I have a lot of recipes that started out as "X Chicken" but I just replaced the chicken with extra veggies or very occasionally a veggie chicken substitute (not a big fan of using lots of meat substitutes, it doesn't feel like the "real" food I aim to eat) and they still get called "X Chicken".

• Like 2

Week 1 - Friday

Food - Great! 1675cals, all real food, no snack

Breakfast - PB&J Oatmeal

Lunch - Leftover Deconstructed Vegetarian English Pasty, banana, and grapes

Dinner - Veggie curry with rice

Cardio - Rest day. 7300 steps

Strength - Check!

Cable squats: 70lbs x 5 x 5

DB Bench Press: 45lbs (total) x 5 x 5

Barbell Row: 55lbs x 5 x 5

Food today will not be great. Gaming night. I bought chocolate covered cashews because it sounded amazing. I ate a big lunch to try and avoid excessive snacking and then forgot to bring leftovers for dinner so we'll probably grab Subway

• Like 5

Week 1 - Saturday

Food - Pretty good. 1850ish cals. I did have a snack but it was an allowed variance at game night and I didn't eat any of Hub's candy like I normally do even though I don't like them

Breakfast - PB&J Oatmeal

Lunch - Pasta with marinara sauce

Dinner - Veggie salad from Subway with Honey Mustard sauce

Snacks - a bag of chocolate covered cashews (3 servings)

Cardio - Nope. Rest Day

Strength - Nope. Rest Day

• Like 3

Week 1 Rangered!!

• Like 3

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Woot for avoiding the candy! I hate it when I eat candy like that that I don't even like, but just sort of end of eating it because it is there.

• Like 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 2 - Sunday

Food - On point! 1650cals and no snacking. I even bought a thing of Halo Top ice cream Saturday and it's not opened yet

Breakfast: wait for it.....wait for it....NOT PB&J Oatmeal! Hubs made biscuits and gravy :)

Lunch: Leftover Curry

Dinner: Chipotle, black bean & peanut sauce noodle bowl (actual name, we just call it Ramen cause it's easier :P )

Cardio - Check! I did a mile on the dreadmill at a 12 minute mile pace. I'm getting an inkling of a cardio plan for me that will include mile runs

Strength - Check! I'm also getting an inkling of a strength program that will work better for me and the equipment available to me

Cable Squats: 75lbs x 5 x 5

OHP: 35lbs x 10, 8, 8, 6, 5

Deadlift: 125lbs x 5

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Evicious said:

Whaaaaaat?!?!?! No PB&J oatmeal!? :P 

Right? If I'd had that instead of biscuits and gravy I would have had calories leftover for ice cream. But it's hard to turn down Hubs cooking for me. He can make those and pasta, and that's about it :)

• Like 3

Right? If I'd had that instead of biscuits and gravy I would have had calories leftover for ice cream. But it's hard to turn down Hubs cooking for me. He can make those and pasta, and that's about it [emoji4]

I hear you on this one! You can never turn those gifts down when they're rare enough as is!

Have a most excellent start to your week!

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Way to go on avoiding the candy on Saturday! You helped me keep strong for dinner too! Way to go! 

... and you didn't eat PB&J Oatmeal one day?! *gasp* Is this invasion of the body snatchers? 

• Like 4

Heroine of Time

Caffeine:

Well, after almost 5 months of reduced caffeine I don't think it was actually contributing to my dizzy spells, they've gotten worse. They're not bad or scary, it's just when I stand up after sitting or laying for a while I get dizzy and my vision blacks out but I don't (I've never passed out this way). I kinda scared Hubs yesterday when I had one and while adjusting my feet for better balance I kicked the table.
These happened when I was at my heaviest, when I still ate meat, and before I got in the habit of drinking 100+ ounces of water a day. Looking back after the fact I thought they might have gone away when I stopped drinking caffeine and came back when I started again but now I'm not so sure. My dad was diagnosed with POTS which is probably the root cause and non-scary but also not really treatable but could be exacerbated by caffeine. His got bad when he was underweight but mine don't seem to be related to my weight loss

I'm not sure what my goal is with caffeine now. Definitely not going back to drinking more than one a day. But do I worry about cutting it out completely? A morning one is kind of a bonding thing with Hubs and I.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Caffeine:

Well, after almost 5 months of reduced caffeine I don't think it was actually contributing to my dizzy spells, they've gotten worse. They're not bad or scary, it's just when I stand up after sitting or laying for a while I get dizzy and my vision blacks out but I don't (I've never passed out this way). I kinda scared Hubs yesterday when I had one and while adjusting my feet for better balance I kicked the table.
These happened when I was at my heaviest, when I still ate meat, and before I got in the habit of drinking 100+ ounces of water a day. Looking back after the fact I thought they might have gone away when I stopped drinking caffeine and came back when I started again but now I'm not so sure. My dad was diagnosed with POTS which is probably the root cause and non-scary but also not really treatable but could be exacerbated by caffeine. His got bad when he was underweight but mine don't seem to be related to my weight loss

I'm not sure what my goal is with caffeine now. Definitely not going back to drinking more than one a day. But do I worry about cutting it out completely? A morning one is kind of a bonding thing with Hubs and I.

I can see where your husband might be worried... The dizzy spells are a little disconcerting. Caffeine may not be the culprit, but have you talked to a doctor about some other things that could help? Blacking out is not a good thing. :P

I stopped drinking caffeine for the most part. The most caffeine I have is a cup of tea and I don't have that every day. I don't drink coffee or sodas. Once the body gets used to it, it's really not that bad. However, I can understand the ritualistic part of it. As long as you don't overdo it, I think you should be ok. ;) 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

10 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I can see where your husband might be worried... The dizzy spells are a little disconcerting. Caffeine may not be the culprit, but have you talked to a doctor about some other things that could help? Blacking out is not a good thing. :P

My dad went to the doctor for his and was just told to "eat french fries and drink gatorade" (possibly paraphrased...). Reading up on his diagnosis there really isn't much they can do for you. I've never fully blacked out from it and it only happens at home. Hubs just got worried for this one cause he heard me hit the table but I might have kicked it even if I could see (it's temporarily in a weird place)

• Like 1

Not sure if this will help, but I had trouble absorbing water when I drank it. Kelly Starrett suggest adding a pinch of salt to your water or electrolytes. If your problem is  at all related to electrolyte imbalance that might help. Saying that since the Dr suggested gatorade for your dad. There are other less sugary ways to fix electrolytes.

• Like 4

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien