RogueLibrarian: Master thief in training

thief_master_thief_edition_4.jpg

FITNESS

Four workouts per week, a mix of:

• Running or other cardio (running a 5k in mid-June)
  • Suspension bodyweight training
  • Climbing (my climbing wall reopens next month, but I'm not exactly sure when; otherwise I'd put in a climbing goal)
  • Kickboxing class

DIET

• Keep my damn hands off the snack machines at work
  • Bring a piece of fruit to work every day to help with the above

LIFE

I'm still meditating daily (my streak is around 210 days straight), but I'm going to omit it from this challenge. Instead, for fun:

• Practice lockpicking three times a week.

aaaand go

• Like 12

"We can be heroes"

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

DIET

• Keep my damn hands off the snack machines at work
  • Bring a piece of fruit to work every day to help with the above

Question for you, do you like Almonds?  If so try that with the fruit extra protein and a good combo.  I started this last month to keep me from running down to the exchange when on watch.  Saved me money and Calories.

Practice lockpicking three times a week.

Have you found a kit you like?  I meant to do this several challenges ago but never found one i liked.

Suspension bodyweight training

I tried Suspension pike presses today, my shoulders and abs are still sore.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Myrik said:

Question for you, do you like Almonds?  If so try that with the fruit extra protein and a good combo.  I started this last month to keep me from running down to the exchange when on watch.  Saved me money and Calories.

I do like all kinds of nuts, and I always assume I'm sort of short on protein. I should start putting a few in a baggie, good idea.

11 hours ago, Myrik said:

Have you found a kit you like?  I meant to do this several challenges ago but never found one i liked.

Amazon has apparently stopped selling the kit I bought, or I'd post it. It was a cheap beginner set with eight or ten assorted picks and a transparent practice lock. The practice lock became too easy quickly, but I'm glad I got it, as it was a good way to get the idea of how the process works. (Very similar to this: http://amazon.com/Bullkeys-Various-Maintenance-Conbination-Wrenches/dp/B01LSCT6B2) I don't have any quality picks. I bought a second small set that fits into a container that looks like a credit card, just for fun.

• Like 4

"We can be heroes"

Dude, these goals are so solid.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Following along! 

I second @Myrik suggestion. Before I discovered that Almonds give me heartburn, I'd eat one of the Emerald's 100 cal packs. Perfect snack. 

• Like 3

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

18 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

• Practice lockpicking three times a week.

A few years ago I got it in my head that lock picking would be a fun skill to learn so spent some time working on it.  I got so that I could easily pick the locks on the drawers and file cabinets in the office, but most doors here have sufficiently advanced locks (multi-directional tumblers) that were beyond the capabilities of my homemade tools.  I never bothered to keep up with it though, so I suspect it would take me hours to get a simple lock open now.

It did actually come in handy once, though.  I broke the key to the drawer that had my passport in it the day before I was supposed to leave for an international business trip.  I was able to pick the lock and save the day :) 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Dude, these goals are so solid.

Thank youuu. Trying not to overthink them. Overthinking is where I'm a viking, though.

1 hour ago, Batgrl said:

Suspension training is so much fun.  Great way to hit all those little muscles surrounding the bigger ones. 

It is fun! I'm really enjoying it. Would probably not have gotten around to doing it regularly if not for the challenge.

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

I've always wanted to lock pick. I should get on that.

Put it on your challenge!

1 hour ago, tourennatrix said:

Lockpicking has been on my 'tiny hobbies I'd like to try out one day' list for a looong time. I should revisit this list again... :)

It's shockingly easy to figure out the basics. One general life thing I'm working on is trying not to have two screens going on at the same time -- laptop + TV, usually -- and practicing lockpicking while I watch TV gives me something to occupy my hands so I'm less tempted to pick up a device.

17 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I second @Myrik suggestion. Before I discovered that Almonds give me heartburn, I'd eat one of the Emerald's 100 cal packs. Perfect snack. 

I'm putting it on the list for my next grocery run.

Just now, WhiteGhost said:

A few years ago I got it in my head that lock picking would be a fun skill to learn so spent some time working on it.  I got so that I could easily pick the locks on the drawers and file cabinets in the office

I'm trying to take seriously the admonition not to pick a lock that's actually being used for anything, lest one break one's front door lock or something. But I have a fantasy scenario in my head that someday it will save the day as you describe. :)

• Like 4

"We can be heroes"

Okay, here is today:

It's stopped raining for the first time in several days, so I'm going to go take a walk in half an hour to get out from in front of my computer.

I brought my gym bag to go to kickboxing after work. I woke up in the middle of the night from an unpleasant dream and took the better part of an hour falling asleep again, so I'm feeling moderately crappy today. But this is my only chance to fit in a KB class this week, so I'm pushing ahead unless I feel terrible at the end of the day.

I was really tempted to take a mental health day today, sleep in, and recharge a little -- but at least we have a long weekend coming up.

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

I'm sorry about the unpleasant dream. Maybe KB class will help you feel a little better. :) 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

4 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

It did! Took a long walk break this afternoon, and pushed on through to kickboxing class. I think for the first time ever, the instructor started to wrap up class and I thought, "Was that it?" I'll sleep great tonight after that.

hells yes!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

It did! Took a long walk break this afternoon, and pushed on through to kickboxing class. I think for the first time ever, the instructor started to wrap up class and I thought, "Was that it?" I'll sleep great tonight after that.

Always nice when you realize how you have improved isn't it.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Beast! 

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh