1 hour ago, mightstone2k said:

Incendiary gloves, a la Colonel Roy Mustang. Gameplay mechanics TBD. Maybe a certain number of fireball castings per day, with the trigger being snapping the fingers?

↓   ↓        My reaction to this idea!

tumblr_njo54wDTnW1twysqyo2_500.gif

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't forget the Nomenclature Necktie, a cravat that helps you know the name of anyone to whom the wearer speaks. (-1 to CHA though cause it's a really tacky pattern).

Ooooh I super like this too!   My halfling bard would LOVE this!

11 hours ago, Oramac said:

o_O  That's actually really powerful.  Like, wow.  Give it to a Frenzy Barbarian, Wizard/Sorcerer/Druid/Cleric, and they're going to be much, much more effective.  You also probably need to specify that the "no heat or cold affects you" thing doesn't apply to magical damage (Fire/Cold damage). Otherwise it basically makes you immune to some of the most common damage types in the game.  

Also, you need the 36 page List of Mostly Useless Magic Items

And of course, you're more than welcome to use any of my magic items you like.  Though not all of them are applicable in a low-magic world.  I DID just update it all today though!

Hmmm.    Maybe I will stick to just the heat/cold part.     (and yes, not fire/ice damage - just the effects of weather which I plan to put into play in my game)    What else can you suggest to add to the bedroll to make it worth it's money?    Maybe cleanses of 1 condition up to so many times?  Like has 1d6 charges of lesser restoration in it, and when used for a long rest, can rid the sleeper of one condition?  And those links are perfect!  Thanks!  Man I have so much work today!  I may not be able to watch CR until I get more organized with MY game. 

• Like 4

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

4 hours ago, mightstone2k said:

Incendiary gloves, a la Colonel Roy Mustang. Gameplay mechanics TBD. Maybe a certain number of fireball castings per day, with the trigger being snapping the fingers?

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

My reaction to this idea!

Incendiary Gloves

Requires Attunement

This pair of rust colored gloves appears to always be moving while worn, as if spewing forth lava.  The gloves have 3 charges, which they regain each day at dawn.  As an action the wearer may snap their fingers and expend a charge to cast fireball as a 3rd level spell (save DC 13).

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hmmm.    Maybe I will stick to just the heat/cold part.     (and yes, not fire/ice damage - just the effects of weather which I plan to put into play in my game)    What else can you suggest to add to the bedroll to make it worth it's money?    Maybe cleanses of 1 condition up to so many times?  Like has 1d6 charges of lesser restoration in it, and when used for a long rest, can rid the sleeper of one condition?  And those links are perfect!  Thanks!  Man I have so much work today!  I may not be able to watch CR until I get more organized with MY game. 

The thing to remember is magic items don't "rest" like PCs do, so their abilities usually recharge per day, and allow X number of uses per day (with a couple of exceptions).  I'd keep the same effect it has, but make it either/or, and only once per day.  Maybe something like "Once per day, refreshing at dawn, the wearer may use the bedroll to remove one level of exhaustion or regain 1d4 spell levels.  These spell levels may be any combination of spell slots up to the number rolled."

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ooooh I super like this too!   My halfling bard would LOVE this!

I found a picture of the tie as well:

Spoiler

Image result for ugly necktie

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Wednesday Final Recap

Food - Tracked and low due to hockey.    I had a belly ache all day so wasn't looking for much.

Activity - 1h50m hockey, 909 calories, boom!

Bujo & Night Routine - Done and Done - even though it was hella late!

Affirmation - Yup, all good.  Finished with 1 Corinthians!

Art - I sat down with my art stuff out but had NO FLOON for it.  I decided not to force it.   I feel better today, so may start the next sketch at work.

• Like 3

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Thursday Final Recap

Food - Tracked so far.   D&D group wants to go out for dinner, so might use a variance... seeing as I was 500 cals UNDER goal yesterday, might not be so bad.

Activity - Lifting in the Warehouse

Bujo & Night Routine - Done and TBD

Affirmation - Yup, read and written.

Art - Did a quick sketch at work.    All the talk about Saber forms lately, had me draw up a rough sketch.   Hoping that some work in my program will improve it.

xAsS9h0.jpg

WORKOUT DEETS

Pull Ups - 5, 5, 5*M, 4 *mh, 2 *lh

Squats - 95# x 5 || 120# x 5 x 3 || 95# x 5

Box Jumps - 5 x 8 (turned the box to the middle height set up)

Bench Press - 65# x 5 || 80# x 5 || 90# X 5 X 3

Lying Leg Raises - 5 x 10

Bench felt super tough!   So did the squats at 120!  But I think the last workout, I did just 1 set at 120 on the squats, and this time I did 3.   So, yeah I guess some improvement.   Also, coming with this hot and fresh workout... the weekly SNAP AND SHARE PIC.

And let me just say... this one takes some serious effort to post.   I'm not allowed to say anything negative, so... I will just say that I am often embarrassed by my arms.  So we're showing them off here.

knVo33X.jpg

Thank goodness for Wonder Woman and amazing badass female warriors because I can picture dem arms swinging on a rope and throwing some shields.  Rarr.

Mid workout flex-fun pic.   Thing is... I do ZERO exercises that would be considered 'bicep' moves.   In fact I avoid them to make sure the arms don't get more huger.    So, this comes naturally from everything else I do in my routines.  I'm assuming, largely the pull ups and pushups/bench.

And that's where we're at for today.   D&D night!   And I'll be sporting a new t-shirt I will be sure to snap a pic of.

• Like 4

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Your arms are so amazingly strong and gorgeous!

8 hours ago, Raincloak said:

If you can wash hands and pray before meals, as millions of people do, weighing your food before you eat it cannot be that hard. 

For some folks, that momentary pause between seeing dinner and scarfing it is actually very useful in managing their diet.  It helps engage the higher brain at a moment when the reptile brain is likely to seize control.  Your inner beastie must be fed, but you are the keeper, and you get to decide what, when, and how much it eats.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

57 minutes ago, mightstone2k said:

You're embarrassed by your arms? Clearly irrational. Sun'z out, gunz out.

Mightstone is right.  Get them guns in the sun! 

Image result for Sun's out, guns out.

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Love the sketch! Can't wait to see what you end up doing with it! I must admit that I follow partly for your artwork ;)

Embarrassed? By THOSE arms? Dayum girl, those are the arms of an amazon warrior!!!! Look at those muscles! Look at that smile! You are RADIANT!!!! 

You are what I hope to get to one day! I actually got excited this morning when I went to scratch something on my arm, and I felt something firm underneath my skin. I've NEVER felt that before! Just seeing your picture makes me want to do more and work harder! You are so awesome, Master Puck!!!! ^_^

0045.jpg

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

xAsS9h0.jpg

There's something...familiar about this ;) 

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

knVo33X.jpg

Your arms look better than mine. I look at those muscles and I see a lot of hard work that went into them. Also, be careful, I hear Illinois' gun laws can be pretty restrictive, they might start making you leave them at home.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

36 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also, be careful, I hear Illinois' gun laws can be pretty restrictive, they might start making you leave them at home.

I lol'd. :D 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Wooo thanks all.   It's nice to hear the encouragement. 

To be totally honest, I am the baby of my family - and I LOVE my family.   They are super great, super loving, super supportive (most of the time) ... but they are older.    For example:  Dad is going to be 84 this year.   My siblings?  In order: 59, 58, 53.    My sister's hubby (my roomies) is 69.    All this to say, they are ... still rather old fashioned and archaic in some of their thinking, and I'm the one that bucks a lot of 'old stereotype' trends.  (I will say, my mom and dad were great, they never bought into that girls things boys things business.  I grew up in the dirt with Tonka Trucks, tire swings, TMNT figures, Star Wars playsets and a lot of model horses!)

But...  there have been comments about my choices to lift weights and how my body responds, which I don't even know if they meant negatively, but have added to my stress about my arms.   For me... telling a girl, even a tomboy 'Dude you have man arms' is not encouraging.     It's all in the tone and look I guess- because I had a fellow therapy client during my MCL rehab once say, "Please don't take this weirdly, but your calves are amazing, I wish I could get my calves to look like yours..." and it was a guy, but it was a guy who was into fitness, served in the arm forces, and I took it for what it was... legit admiration.   But my family often throws the, 'You're gonna have to slow down as you get older' or 'your body is going to break if you keep doing these things'   'You'll be sorry when you have to get your knees replaced'.   Etc etc.   But yeah.   My arms just end up this way.   And I feel often, like they are too big, too bulky, and completely out of proportion of everything else.

Yesterday was a good day.   I ate moar food but still had a bit of a deficit for the day.   I got the grilled fish tacos at The Patio - dunno how many calories they actually were, but just grilled fish, tomato, red cabbage, onion, cilantro and an aiolie sauce on corn tortillas (3) but like the teeny tiny tortilla size.   At gaming, I had one bowl of skinny pop and then ate my emergency Luna bar.

D&D was super fun.  We fought in challenges #4 and #5 for Urek's Arena Grand Battle Championship!    We cast Fly on our Aasimar Paladin/Favored Soul - who then cast Expeditious Retreat Charge, meant he was moving ridiculous fast and made it through to win the race while the rest of tried to harry the other team.    Then it was a big arena battle... where I got killed (no one dies for real in the Arena because it's all part of a huge shrine to Kord and so arena deaths are not real) after taking full damage on a lightning bolt, followed by a pummeling from the enemy fallen aasimar paladin who thunderous smited me!    (I think Kessa is developing a phobia of lightning and storms, hahah.)   It was still a fun time!   And here is the pic of me in the new shirt as promised.

UfZqBY2.jpg

19055237_10213020017125484_3135574145739

Hockey tonight, then a bunch of yardwork tomorrow.   Our neighbor is out of town and we are going to cut his grass as well, and also do a bunch of tidying up on his yard because he's kind of lost and tool-less as he's renting that house from a family friend (the old neighbor who let things overgrow like crazy --- like, he has 20 foot saplings growing out of his basement window wells!!!)  So we're cutting down a bunch of trees and saplings and also bundling up all the stuff he cut down last week.   Nice little neighborly love in action.

Weather supposed to be SUPER HOT AND AWESOME!     I hope I get a bike ride or something else awesome in there too!

Proper sum up tonight!

• Like 4

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

But...  there have been comments about my choices to lift weights and how my body responds, which I don't even know if they meant negatively, but have added to my stress about my arms.   For me... telling a girl, even a tomboy 'Dude you have man arms' is not encouraging.     It's all in the tone and look I guess- because I had a fellow therapy client during my MCL rehab once say, "Please don't take this weirdly, but your calves are amazing, I wish I could get my calves to look like yours..." and it was a guy, but it was a guy who was into fitness, served in the arm forces, and I took it for what it was... legit admiration.   But my family often throws the, 'You're gonna have to slow down as you get older' or 'your body is going to break if you keep doing these things'   'You'll be sorry when you have to get your knees replaced'.   Etc etc.   But yeah.   My arms just end up this way.   And I feel often, like they are too big, too bulky, and completely out of proportion of everything else.

Oh, ok. I see. I really couldn't understand where the embarrassment came from. I see now. It's outside stereotypes of what a woman should look like. Screw those stereotypes. 

I know your family really means well and thinks they're helping, but it's your body and your life. "You'll regret it when you go to get your knees replaced" pfft... You're a strong woman and are probably healthier than a lot of them are. You do you. Don't let anybody else tell you you're not good enough. 

I think you are absolutely gorgeous and are sexy AF! You have an awesome attitude and are genuinely fun to talk to. I am so super jelly of your muscles and hope to one day get to that point. Don't let them get you down. You look amazing.

50 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

UfZqBY2.jpg

Anybody think she looks like a guy here? Anybody? Anybody? No? How about here? 

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

knVo33X.jpg

How about here? I pretty sure that this is not only a woman, but a badass woman who can be strong and take care of herself as well as beautiful and amazing. 

Seriously, you have such a nice smile. I love seeing your pictures. 

52 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Yesterday was a good day.   I ate moar food but still had a bit of a deficit for the day.   I got the grilled fish tacos at The Patio - dunno how many calories they actually were, but just grilled fish, tomato, red cabbage, onion, cilantro and an aiolie sauce on corn tortillas (3) but like the teeny tiny tortilla size.   At gaming, I had one bowl of skinny pop and then ate my emergency Luna bar.

Wooo!!!! Go Master StarPuck!!!!! You resisted the bad snacks at game night and had relatively healthy thing on the menu at the restaurant. A WIN in my book. 

54 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Hockey tonight, then a bunch of yardwork tomorrow.   Our neighbor is out of town and we are going to cut his grass as well, and also do a bunch of tidying up on his yard because he's kind of lost and tool-less as he's renting that house from a family friend (the old neighbor who let things overgrow like crazy --- like, he has 20 foot saplings growing out of his basement window wells!!!)  So we're cutting down a bunch of trees and saplings and also bundling up all the stuff he cut down last week.   Nice little neighborly love in action.

Weather supposed to be SUPER HOT AND AWESOME!     I hope I get a bike ride or something else awesome in there too!

Proper sum up tonight!

Boo yardwork! But cool to help out neighbors!!! Tomorrow I have a guy coming out to get rid of a lot of debris in my back yard so I can start renovations, so I'll be doing a lot of yard work soon, too... fun fun! 

• Like 5

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

25 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oh, ok. I see. I really couldn't understand where the embarrassment came from. I see now. It's outside stereotypes of what a woman should look like. Screw those stereotypes. 

I know your family really means well and thinks they're helping, but it's your body and your life. "You'll regret it when you go to get your knees replaced" pfft... You're a strong woman and are probably healthier than a lot of them are. You do you. Don't let anybody else tell you you're not good enough. 

I think you are absolutely gorgeous and are sexy AF! You have an awesome attitude and are genuinely fun to talk to. I am so super jelly of your muscles and hope to one day get to that point. Don't let them get you down. You look amazing.

How about here? I pretty sure that this is not only a woman, but a badass woman who can be strong and take care of herself as well as beautiful and amazing. 

Wooo!!!! Go Master StarPuck!!!!! You resisted the bad snacks at game night and had relatively healthy thing on the menu at the restaurant. A WIN in my book. 

Boo yardwork! But cool to help out neighbors!!! Tomorrow I have a guy coming out to get rid of a lot of debris in my back yard so I can start renovations, so I'll be doing a lot of yard work soon, too... fun fun! 

Listen to your Padawan, she knows of what she speaks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Listen to your Padawan, she knows of what she speaks.

The student becomes the teacher...

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Yup.  All of this.  Every. Single. Freakin. Word.  Read it again.  I'll wait. 

Done?  Good.  Because Rhia is right. :) 

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Friday Final Recap

Food - Guess who ate 2500 calories today?  And finished within 5 cals of her goal?  THIS GIRL.   Had to guess on dinner... bless his heart, b-i-l made a really fast dinner for us knowing I had to bolt to the hockey rink.   Unfortunately, it was a grocery store made, GIANT, multi  multi layer, ALL TEH CHEESE lasagna... I split one of these giant pieces with my sis, and it immediately triggered the 'too rich' alarms, but I ate it anyway because I didn't want him to feel bad.    I mean, it was tasty, and I love lasagna, but it just ran a bit too rich for my blood these days.   So, I just used the Olive Garden lasagna calories (930) for counting it... maybe it was less, but it was best I could do.

Activity - Three, 24 minute periods, back to back to back, skating one minute, off a minute.   Holy moly, so tiring, but so so fun!    I did however, take a puck to the side of the knee, above the plastic of the shin guard, and just left of the padding.

XkhRbapm.jpg

Yeaaaah, that's gonna be lovely after it gets more than 2 hours to set in.      There's a wicked hard lump under and around that puppy too and bending the knee --- well I can tell there is neighboring swelling right now.   Just rubbed some T-Relief into it.   Waiting for good things in the morning!

Bujo & Night Routine - Done and Done, despite getting home at 11:40 and wanting to just sleep.

Affirmation - Yup, read and written. Tada!

Art - No time for love Dr. Jones!  But there is still Sat/Sun!

Now for some news on the bold front.     I wore my Boba Fitt : Mandalorian Gym shirt to this co-ed, cross ice hockey event.

Boba-Fit1.jpg

After the games, we all go hang out on the patio, and I saw three young (good looking guys) pointing and overheard 'See it?  Mandalorian gym?  That's awesome'.   So I caught this and look over and grin, "You checking out my shirt?"      They answer, 'Yeah, it's awesome!'  - I reply, Thanks!

I was talking to my friend's BACA buddy at the time, but after finishing up, I walked over and just broke the ice with the three of them.   "So how did you all hear about this?  You all skate together?   How long you been playing?"     Totally just walked, all confidence and cool, introduced myself and chatted with them for like 40 minutes.   Even turns out, one of them is from PIttsburgh, so I asked ... 'well, are you a Pens fan or Hawks fan?'  And he goes, a bit of both, but I love the Pens, and we started talking about them for a while!

So!   That was definitely a bit out of my comfort zone.   Or at the very least, it was a move the old Puck would have hesitated at the least, and shied from at the worst!    This is so cool!   They seemed like good guys too (though we'll see when we play them on the ice if they're d-bags or not ahaha) but yeah!   Super awesome!

Now... way past bed time... and I must go get some sleep before yard work day.

Dammit, I am already hungry too.

• Like 7

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

A bit late to the train again, but those arms, holy cow. That qualifies as 'end goal' for me. And I'm with Rhia about you doing you. It's hard when you don't always have the best support for you doing you, but do it anyway. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters, and that happiness comes from inside you, not from others. You say you feel iffy about them because of comments of others, but what do YOU feel about them? I see a person who can do whatever they want and looks strong and capable and happy.

I'm excited to see where that sketch goes too, it looks like the start of something pretty cool.

Also, re: your hockey bruise, if the puck hit you there and created that kind of bruise and hard spot, you may need new shin pads, or new hockey shorts. If both fit properly, that part of you will be fully protected while blocking shots, maybe a bit exposed if you were to fall in a fluky sort of way, but otherwise that should be covered. You should have a flap of stiff foam protection above the knee cup of your shin pads that fits in under the shorts, which should come to the top of the knee cup. Standing up straight-ish, or even slightly bent-legged like you might when you're skating backwards or gliding, that part of your leg should be covered by the hard plastic of the thigh section of the shorts, and in a weird bent position should have some protection from the foam flap. I can put on my gear and take pics if that doesn't make sense, but properly fitting gear should not result in that kind of bruise in that place, unless it was a really fluky situation...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Yeah my stuff fits alright, I actually get made fun of for having 'big shin pads' - it's how I got nicknamed T-Rex for a while.. lol.    After more thinking about the games last night I think this bruise came from my gear pinching me when I Bobby Orr'ed over my fallen teammate.   I landed all on my left side, and there is a good chance that spot got pinched between shin pad and other pad, or shin pad and Amanda, lol.

See, fatty McShin pads here!

1982194_10203401114858939_14866619430704

Just finished up 5 hours of yard work, even with two applications of sun screen I am quite red.    Going to relax the rest of tonight and tomorrow, we have to finish the yard stuff.  Wooboy.   I'll do a final sum up in a bit.

• Like 3

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Starpuck said:

After the games, we all go hang out on the patio, and I saw three young (good looking guys) pointing and overheard 'See it?  Mandalorian gym?  That's awesome'.   So I caught this and look over and grin, "You checking out my shirt?"      They answer, 'Yeah, it's awesome!'  - I reply, Thanks!

I was talking to my friend's BACA buddy at the time, but after finishing up, I walked over and just broke the ice with the three of them.   "So how did you all hear about this?  You all skate together?   How long you been playing?"     Totally just walked, all confidence and cool, introduced myself and chatted with them for like 40 minutes.   Even turns out, one of them is from PIttsburgh, so I asked ... 'well, are you a Pens fan or Hawks fan?'  And he goes, a bit of both, but I love the Pens, and we started talking about them for a while!

So!   That was definitely a bit out of my comfort zone.   Or at the very least, it was a move the old Puck would have hesitated at the least, and shied from at the worst!    This is so cool!   They seemed like good guys too (though we'll see when we play them on the ice if they're d-bags or not ahaha) but yeah!   Super awesome!

That is freaking awesome!!  Way to go Puck!  That's some serious confidence right there.  

Also, I want that shirt! 

16 hours ago, mightstone2k said:

I doubt they were just checking out the shirt. For a dude, clothing is only as interesting as the person wearing it. Unless I'm an outlier.

Just sayin'

Generally speaking, this is true.  Which actually makes you even more of a badass in their eyes since you went and talked to them instead of just blowing them off.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Yeah my stuff fits alright, I actually get made fun of for having 'big shin pads' - it's how I got nicknamed T-Rex for a while.. lol.    After more thinking about the games last night I think this bruise came from my gear pinching me when I Bobby Orr'ed over my fallen teammate.   I landed all on my left side, and there is a good chance that spot got pinched between shin pad and other pad, or shin pad and Amanda, lol.

Ah yes, that makes more sense, it really was that fluky! From that pic you look well protected from pucks, but a weird twisty fall over/with a teammate tends to end in bruising no matter how well you gear fits.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Ugh guys, I am majorly sick.   Thought it was allergies on Sat night because of all the yard work I did in the gusty winds with the high high allergy alert warnings.   Sore throat turned into sore throat plus ear aches, and now, my whole throat / glands are so sore and swollen it hurts to even turn my head!!     Which means, obviously... rest is on tap until I am better.   Dammit.

We did crazy yard work.  6 hours the first day, 5 the second.   I got to use a chain saw!    We tore down a long dead tree that was tangled up the living trees next to it.   At one my point my friend saw me yank free this big stretch of limbs I'd sawed through- probably about 5" diameter - and 20 feet of spindly limb work above it, and just haul it down and out of the canopy.   He made the comment of, "You need help with that tree Jaiks?"    Jaiks being the name of my Star Wars character with a brawn of 6 (highest it can go naturally) and who punches holes into Mandalorian War Droids!!!

I had two days of hockey last week (Wed and Fri) and the two yard work days.    And that made... get this... 4 days at the 3000 calories burnt mark!  Whoa.    The past 7 days average of daily cals burn, 2635.

I owe a recap of week... what week is this.. two?   But right now my mind is just way too fuzzy.

• Like 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler