[HYMNUSAL] - Visits Lorlathil

Hymnusal

So last challenge wasn't as A+ amazing as the first, but it was still a great learning experience. I know that I'm currently struggling at the more "druidy" things so I've sent my Death Knight for a retreat in Lorlathil. She's meditating, exercising, reading, practicing her talents, and eating really green things.

hAZxBMh.jpg 4jAudcU.jpg 1TfEIU0.jpg 02SCTS6.jpg Ttl5nLv.jpg

So while she's at that, what will I be doing to keep up with her?

More Plants!

Follow the "Foodist Plate" suggestion with 1/2 of lunch and supper being vegetables 5 days a week.

I found out last challenge that I've been lying to myself about the number of vegetables I eat, time to fix the error.

*strategy: track all days (2 meals per day) then subtract 16 from the denominator at the end of the challenge

Less Process!

No chocolate may be eaten that is not fair trade certified and/or organic.

I've ate a lot of UFOs last challenge (Unidentified Foodlike Objects), and most of those were in the form of some kind of "chocolate". Usually really cheep, really sweet chocolate which is bad for me and bad for those working to collect the cocoa beans. This shouldn't be too hard, but if I don't make it a rule I won't walk the extra block to the organic store.

Strength and Stretching!

Return goal. Continue the BBWW 3 times a week, do one longer yoga session a week,

Last time this didn't go super well because I wanted the yoga session to be separate from the BBWW, but I think I would have succeeded if I had allowed it to be before or after the BBWW. (One of the weeks wouldn't have been 0/1 last challenge if this had been allowed).

Mind and Soul!

Return goal. Meditation and Bible reading every day.

Failed this one last time because of diplomatic reasons (read: husband and I need to workout how this will work without disrupting each other). Negotiations are underway ;)

Bonus: Commune with Nature

Duolingo every day

I noticed the Duolingo link in @fleaball's signature and was intrigued. I've set myself up with French lessons, and hope to do them every day, but this is a bonus challenge, so no sweat if it gets deferred.

My Druid toon, Aquaineil, would be proud. (All of my toons are RP'ed as an exaggerated facet of my personality, Aquaineil is bubbly, silly, and a little blonde... Hymnusal doesn't need her approval :P )

MTv5uFl.jpg

• Like 5

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

Ha, feel free to add me on Duo if you like. I haven't used it in way too long, but it's on the list of things to get back to. Might be a challenge goal this round, but I'm still sorting that out. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 5/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, Hymnusal said:

More Plants!

Follow the "Foodist Plate" suggestion with 1/2 of lunch and supper being vegetables 5 days a week.

I found out last challenge that I've been lying to myself about the number of vegetables I eat, time to fix the error.

Less Process!

No chocolate may be eaten that is not fair trade certified and/or organic.

I've ate a lot of UFOs last challenge (Unidentified Foodlike Objects), and most of those were in the form of some kind of "chocolate". Usually really cheep, really sweet chocolate which is bad for me and bad for those working to collect the cocoa beans. This shouldn't be too hard, but if I don't make it a rule I won't walk the extra block to the organic store.

Strength and Stretching!

Return goal. Continue the BBWW 3 times a week, do one longer yoga session a week,

Last time this didn't go super well because I wanted the yoga session to be separate from the BBWW, but I think I would have succeeded if I had allowed it to be before or after the BBWW. (One of the weeks wouldn't have been 0/1 last challenge if this had been allowed).

Mind and Soul!

Failed this one last time because of diplomatic reasons (read: husband and I need to workout how this will work without disrupting each other). Negotiations are underway ;)

Your goals look great. hopefully the negotiations go well and you will get rolling before you know it. And I like the idea on chocolate. I do understand how UFOs happen however.

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Following! :) I like your goals, too. I made a similar thing with chocolate: I am only allowed to eat it when I suck it bit by bit (To suck.. is this reeally the right word for it? It sounds... weird o.O :D ). When I chew chocolade, the whole bar is done for in a minute. It really works for me.

Anyway, now I am inspired and try to find organic chocolade that's tasty. Well, of course without eating a hell lot of chocolade in the process...

• Like 1

Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate?
Or would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

~ Architects - Rise Against ~

Challenge #1

42 minutes ago, Thura said:

I made a similar thing with chocolate: I am only allowed to eat it when I suck it bit by bit (To suck.. is this reeally the right word for it? It sounds... weird o.O :D ). When I chew chocolade, the whole bar is done for in a minute. It really works for me.

This sounds like a great response to a big problem, but you have me very curious about your methodology. How do you prevent the chocolate from melting on your fingers while you're sucking on it? Or do you break off a piece and put the whole thing in your mouth at once? 

On 25.5.2017 at 7:16 PM, Wobbegong said:

Or do you break off a piece and put the whole thing in your mouth at once?

This! It must take at least one minute per piece, more is better. By the time I reach the fourth piece I already have a total chocolade overload and can ignore the rest of the bar for good.

The only disadvantage: The temptation to chew and indulge the whole bar is definitely present.

• Like 2

Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate?
Or would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

~ Architects - Rise Against ~

Challenge #1

Wonderful goals. You tend to have goals that I would like myself. I might steal that tea one from you from the last challenge. More Plants and Less Process is another aim I have had without yet making it a challenge. Are there recipe blogs you prefer? I like Chocolate Covered Katie and Minimalist Baker myself. Both are vegan blogs, but being vegetarian, it works for me. 

Duolingo is a good ap. It's also hard to forget using it. They remind you. LOL I'm doing the español lessons. :D I'm also watching one of my favorite shows (Spartacus) in Spanish with English closed captioning. That really just tells me how far I have to go. I figure it doesn't hurt though. I just can't multitask, something I'm used to doing with the TV on, because I have to read everything. 

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

Monday to Sunday challenge.

Day 1 (May 29): 

• More Plants! ➡️1/2 - Visit with friends
  • Less Process! ➡️1/1
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️NA
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 1/2
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️1 day streak 

Day 2 (May 30):

• More Plants! ➡️1/2 - Happy Anniversary!
  • Less Process! ➡️1/1
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️0/1
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 2/4
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️2 day streak 
  • Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

On 5/31/2017 at 7:12 AM, Hymnusal said:

Monday to Sunday challenge.

Day 1 (May 29): 

• More Plants! ➡️1/2 - Visit with friends
  • Less Process! ➡️1/1
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️NA
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 1/2
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️1 day streak 

Day 2 (May 30):

• More Plants! ➡️1/2 - Happy Anniversary!
  • Less Process! ➡️1/1
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️0/1
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 2/4
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️2 day streak 

Looks like your doing good. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Okay. Okay.

Day 3 (May 31): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 3/6 - To grandmother's house we go.
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/2
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 0/2
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 3/6
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 3 day streak 

Day 4 (June 1):

• More Plants! ➡️ 5/8 - Recovery!
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/2
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ NA
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul no: 4/8
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 4 day streak 

Day 5 (June 2): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 4/10 - Youth Closing party = pizza
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/4 - Absolutely exhausted from interviewing people all week and staying up late all week working on side projects and that party... I caved to the sugar cravings, :(
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul no: 5/10 - Hubby has forgotten that we needed to work this out and I don't know how deal with it while I'm so swamped.
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 5 day streak 

Day 6 (June 3):

• More Plants! ➡️ 4/12 - Whhhhhhhy???
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/4
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul no: 6/12
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 6 day streak 

Day 7 (June 4):

• More Plants! ➡️ 6/14 - Recovery!
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/5 - Or not...
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 1/3 + 1/1 - Recovery!
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul no: 7/14 - Or not...
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 7 day streak - Of course I'm rocking the bonus...

So part of me says: Just re-spawn, you can't recover after last week girly. But another part of me wants to see me try. The good thing I got out of this is I discovered exhaustion to be a junk food and poor choice trigger (which should be obvious, but sometimes stubbornness prevents the obvious from being noted).

Here's what I'll do. I'll press on with these numbers, but if I am failing at the end of the challenge I can use the in-between week to recover my first week (to replace it so to speak).

Time to re-spawn. If one more church lady implies that I'm pregnant I'm going to need to punch someone. Or just say real bluntly, "Nah, just tubby." Grrrrr. D:<

• Like 4

Rebel Death Knight

On 6/5/2017 at 6:32 AM, Hymnusal said:

Okay. Okay.

So part of me says: Just re-spawn, you can't recover after last week girly. But another part of me wants to see me try. The good thing I got out of this is I discovered exhaustion to be a junk food and poor choice trigger (which should be obvious, but sometimes stubbornness prevents the obvious from being noted).

Here's what I'll do. I'll press on with these numbers, but if I am failing at the end of the challenge I can use the in-between week to recover my first week (to replace it so to speak).

Time to re-spawn. If one more church lady implies that I'm pregnant I'm going to need to punch someone. Or just say real bluntly, "Nah, just tubby." Grrrrr. D:<

I don't think you need to respawn. You can totally rock this and yeah, its rough right now, but just think, you are going to find those "morale packs" and you will be up and running in no times. More to the point, you can run away from the church ladies. (I Hate them so much, or the ones who say you need "More room" Ugh.)

I think doing the redo week at the end if you need it is a great compromise. You will get there. Just keep moving forward.

• Like 2

Yeah, it hurts when you are at the "can't catch up" point. Giving up and starting over can hurt more though. You found your triggers. Keep up the good, and if needed, using the "rest week," won't hurt at all.

Sorry about people thinking you are pregnant. That's gotta bite.

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

Day 8 (June 5): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 8/16 
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/5
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 8/16
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 8 day streak 

Day 9 (June 6): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 10/18 
  • Less Process! ➡️ 2/5
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 0/1
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 9/18
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 9 day streak 

Day 10 (June 7): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 12/20
  • Less Process! ➡️ 3/6
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 1/1 - makeup + 1/1 yoga
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️Mind yes, soul no: 10/20
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 10 day streak 

Day 11 (June 8):

• More Plants! ➡️ 14/22
  • Less Process! ➡️ 3/8
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 1/2
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul no: 11/22
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 11 day streak 

Day 12 (June 9): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 15/24
  • Less Process! ➡️ 4/10
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul yes: 13/24
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 12 day streak 

Day 13 (June 10):

• More Plants! ➡️ 17/26
  • Less Process! ➡️ 5/11
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 2/3 + 1/1
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul yes: 15/26
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 13 day streak 

Day 14 (June 11):

• More Plants! ➡️ 19/28
  • Less Process! ➡️ 5/11
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 2/3 + 1/1
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️ Mind yes, soul yes: 17/28
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 14 day streak

Some recoveries, some more meh... I feel a change in the wind, but I also feel as though the wind could bowl me over. Whatever that means.

Aside: Ran my first DnD session as a DM lastnight. This should be an interesting campaign, the party burned down an orphanage in the first 15 minutes of all meeting eachother...

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

On 6/12/2017 at 10:44 AM, Hymnusal said:

Some recoveries, some more meh... I feel a change in the wind, but I also feel as though the wind could bowl me over. Whatever that means.

Aside: Ran my first DnD session as a DM lastnight. This should be an interesting campaign, the party burned down an orphanage in the first 15 minutes of all meeting eachother...

Honestly, you look like you are doing good. And change can be good or bad, hopefully it is a gentle breeze lifting you up and not a hurricane force winds knocking everything down.

I am sure the reason for burning down an orphanage is legit, but makes me curious why that was their first objective to learn teamwork with.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am sure the reason for burning down an orphanage is legit, but makes me curious why that was their first objective to learn teamwork with.

Haha, oh, out of character it was hilarious. My paladin NPC was furious though.
They were supposed to meet someone there, but then the person was kidnapped and the lady who ran the orphanage was murdered. They found the murderer still in the building, so they killed them. Then they decided there were too many dead bodies and that they needed to hide the evidence, so the pyromaniac mage set the carpet on fire. One orphanage evacuation and a kidnapping of my paladin NPC later - cue DM throwing all plans out the window.

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Day 15 (June 12): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 21/30
  • Less Process! ➡️ 6/12
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️yes,yes: 16/30
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 15 day streak 

Day 16 (June 13): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 23/32
  • Less Process! ➡️ 7/13
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 0/1 * Saying "oh I'll do it after I play some wow" is always you lying to yourself Hymnusal. >:( 
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️yes,yes: 18/32
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 16 day streak 
  • Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Looks like you're doing pretty great with this challenge, one off week aside. (I also had one. I think it's normal? Just keep pressing on, you'll get there. "Every little bit helps" and all that.) 

The persistent things I see you seem to be struggling with are the strength and stretching goal and the mind and soul goal, so I went ahead and referenced your original post... 

On 5/23/2017 at 6:09 PM, Hymnusal said:

Strength and Stretching!

Last time this didn't go super well because I wanted the yoga session to be separate from the BBWW, but I think I would have succeeded if I had allowed it to be before or after the BBWW. (One of the weeks wouldn't have been 0/1 last challenge if this had been allowed)

Have you continued to consider what's going on here? Have you been trying to tie the yoga onto the BBWW and found it takes too much time, or you get to tired doing all that at once? Or have you been continuing to try doing them separately and continuing to have trouble with that?

I struggle a LOT with my exercise goals, but I've found that setting a certain time of day for them helps. I used to always try to work out in the morning, but the desire to sleep in would get the best of me. Then I tried working out after work, but I was tired and grumpy and wanted to do fun things (honestly should've been a sign that I needed a more engaging workout program lol) and chill out. 

Now I do it at 11:00am every day. I'm ALWAYS awake and no one at work cares if I take a break for a while around this time. Maybe there's a key like that for you? 

Mind and Soul!

How are those negotiations going? What kind of disruptions were causing you trouble, and are they still happening? Is there some other reason why you might not be getting around to this? 

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help or if you need any ideas or are having trouble with something in particular. We're all here to support you! You're doing great already, of course, but what's community for if we don't at least try to help out, right? :)

2 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Haha, oh, out of character it was hilarious. My paladin NPC was furious though.
They were supposed to meet someone there, but then the person was kidnapped and the lady who ran the orphanage was murdered. They found the murderer still in the building, so they killed them. Then they decided there were too many dead bodies and that they needed to hide the evidence, so the pyromaniac mage set the carpet on fire. One orphanage evacuation and a kidnapping of my paladin NPC later - cue DM throwing all plans out the window.

That is amazing.. Although from everything I have ever heard about being a DM its not to plan very far in advanced. I knew there was a good story in there. At least they got the kids out first. You never know with the chaotic evil characters because chaotic evil means never having to say your sorry.

2 hours ago, Hymnusal said:
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 0/1 * Saying "oh I'll do it after I play some wow" is always you lying to yourself Hymnusal. >:( 

Yeah, that may not work. Maybe you could reward yourself for stretching and your strength stuff by doing wow after?

• Like 1

On 14/06/2017 at 1:27 PM, Wobbegong said:

Have you continued to consider what's going on here? Have you been trying to tie the yoga onto the BBWW and found it takes too much time, or you get to tired doing all that at once? Or have you been continuing to try doing them separately and continuing to have trouble with that?

Ummmmmmmm, I've been literally face-planting on my couch and wondering why I bother. This really isn't like me at all and I don't know how to break it. I'm just so sad all of the time this month. I put on a decent face when people are around but I'm really caring less and less. Usually I'm a bundle of energy and joy, I don't know where it went, but it is gone. My husband also quit exercising with me, which he told me last night that he regrets and would like to start again. Maybe that will help?

On 14/06/2017 at 1:27 PM, Wobbegong said:

How are those negotiations going? What kind of disruptions were causing you trouble, and are they still happening? Is there some other reason why you might not be getting around to this? 

Miserable - as in didn't happen. Basically, I've tried reading in the morning, but in the morning I read the words and get nothing at all. I switched to reading at night (which does work for my ability to think), but he wants to go to sleep and is disgruntled when I have the light on when he is ready to go to bed. I've always been a great big bundle of "excuse me while I do everything not to inconvenience you, I can disappear if that helps" so I tried switching to an audio book with the lights out. Problem is, I pass out and wake up sometime around 2 or 3 AM and 5 chapters later... The easy answer I thought was to just head to bed sooner. Turns out I'm his trigger for "time to go to bed" so he just follows me and I don't get the extra time. I don't know how to ask him to delay longer, because he gets wrapped up in other things and likes using me as his trigger. Besides he's already giving me extra time to brush my teeth now that I floss and mouthwash too. *sigh* this all sounds really pathetic in type, but it is the way I feel and why I don't seem to be able to convince myself to negotiate - I would be a bother. On the flip side, even if we did negotiate his memory is so bad he would probably forget after a few days anyway. *whine whine whine*

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Day 17 (June 14): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 25/34
  • Less Process! ➡️ 7/14
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️yes,no: 19/34
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 17 day streak 

Day 18 (June 15): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 27/36
  • Less Process! ➡️ 8/15
  • Strength and Stretching! ➡️ 1/2 + 0/1
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️yes,yes: 21/36
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 18 day streak 

Rebel Death Knight

4 minutes ago, Hymnusal said:

Ummmmmmmm, I've been literally face-planting on my couch and wondering why I bother. This really isn't like me at all and I don't know how to break it. I'm just so sad all of the time this month. I put on a decent face when people are around but I'm really caring less and less. Usually I'm a bundle of energy and joy, I don't know where it went, but it is gone. My husband also quit exercising with me, which he told me last night that he regrets and would like to start again. Maybe that will help?

Oh no! I'm so sorry. That was me last week, I dragged myself through some stuff but mostly my "walking" was "hiding from the world outside where I might run into a friendly dog." Idk if you have a history of depression, this kind of sounds like it... although there are lots of other things that could cause it too (change in diet, change in eating habits, hormonal imbalance, disrupted sleep pattern, allergies, changing seasons, stress, etc). 

It could also be a feedback loop where not exercising is making you tired and lethargic so you don't exercise and then you... get more tired and lethargic. That's totally something that happens to me, and it's awful. Maybe if you and your husband commit to doing some exercises together, you'll be able to get each other back on track? 

I hope things improve for you! It's no fun to feel so disconnected. That ennui, man. Let me know if there's anything I can do, ok? And keep in mind, sometimes we do just need to rest and take a step back from being ourselves for a while. If it goes on too long, maybe see a doctor, but until then you can always just try taking it easy and doing things that make you feel calm. I'm a huge fan of sunlight, myself (although it makes me tired like nobody's business).

Miserable - as in didn't happen. Basically, I've tried reading in the morning, but in the morning I read the words and get nothing at all. I switched to reading at night (which does work for my ability to think), but he wants to go to sleep and is disgruntled when I have the light on when he is ready to go to bed. I've always been a great big bundle of "excuse me while I do everything not to inconvenience you, I can disappear if that helps" so I tried switching to an audio book with the lights out. Problem is, I pass out and wake up sometime around 2 or 3 AM and 5 chapters later... The easy answer I thought was to just head to bed sooner. Turns out I'm his trigger for "time to go to bed" so he just follows me and I don't get the extra time. I don't know how to ask him to delay longer, because he gets wrapped up in other things and likes using me as his trigger. Besides he's already giving me extra time to brush my teeth now that I gloss and mouthwash too. *sigh* this all sounds really pathetic in type, but it is the way I feel and why I don't seem to be able to convince myself to negotiate - I would be a bother. On the flip side, even if we did negotiate his memory is so bad he would probably forget after a few days anyway. *whine whine whine*

Is there maybe another time of day you could read or listen to the audio? On your lunch break, perhaps? I'm terrible at listening to audiobooks while I work, because I can really only focus on one at a time, but some people like it, so that may be an option too. 

Alternatively, if you want to keep reading at night, do you have to read in bed? Maybe you could read on the couch in the living room for a while after dinner while your husband does some other stuff? And then you can go to bed and he can follow you and not get too wrapped up in what he was doing? 

On 6/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, Wobbegong said:

Maybe you could read on the couch in the living room for a while after dinner while your husband does some other stuff?

I tried this the other night and it seemed to work, at the very least I think it may keep me from falling asleep. :) I'll give it a go for a while - thanks for the idea!

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Day 19 (June 16): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 29/38
  • Less Process! ➡️ 9/16
  • Mind and Soul! ➡️yes,no: 22/38
  • Bonus: Commune with Nature ➡️ 19 day streak 

Day 20 (June 17): 

• More Plants! ➡️ 30/40