Zera's Reboot

Zera

Hello!  I am Zera, and I joined NF last year and have found myself to be a warrior accepting occasional quests as a ranger or druid. 

This is what I wrote last year:

I am an owner and head coach of a CrossFit but am a competitive weightlifter.  Two and a half years and a half ago, I was doing great.  Newly married, a thriving business, a 16th and 11th national placing in weightlifting competitions, basically, I felt invincible.  After an epic day in the gym where I hit a PR snatch and deadlift, the hubs and I decided to start trying for a baby.  That's when things went south.   In the last year and a half, I have had 2 post-heartbeat miscarriages.  We knew the gender and name of the second.  Since then I have had all the testing under the sun to try and find the source of our heartbreaks.  Tomorrow, I find out the results and get my new fertility plan. 

Meanwhile, I let all of my goals fall to a standstill.  None of my personal fitness or other life goals mattered anymore.  They were all curtains covering my goal to have a child.  I between pregnancies and emotions, I let myself gain weight, lost all motivation to train and emotionally detached from a business and community I had spent years cultivating and growing.  Despite living a large and adventurous life, I let this past year totally eclipse my bold, quirky, and confident sense of self. 

I am here to regain my spirit, continue my quest for a child while honoring my mind and body's potential.  I can no longer live in fear of winter. 

I am here to ask for help, be held accountable, cheer on fellow questers and give myself a richer purpose. 

Nice to meet you.

All of this is still true.... I lost 18 pounds and and was doing OK.  In January I had a hysteroscopy and deviated from my workout & nutrition rhythm.  I started having other, new fertility complications.  Then 3 weeks ago my dad was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma (unsure of stage - at least 3c).  I have been shaken to my core.  I need this challenge, and your help, dear reader... whomever you are.  I need a community I can be transparent with and who will hold me high while I pull myself together and put one foot in front of the other.  

ALL of that said... here are my goals for this challenge:

REBOOT

Mind

• 5 minutes walking meditation daily
  • Read 3 books

Body

• Lose 3 pounds
  • Restart with my nutritionist 
  • Lift 3 days a week (following the Grindstone program 3x week CF Football program... not allowed to lift more than that for fertility)

Spirit

• Rejoin synagogue
  • 1 gratitude letter a week (whether or not the letter is shared)
  • Speak with my Dad 3x a week
  • See my dad 1x a week
  • Create dad and me "bucket list"

Growth

• Finish BIRTHFIT SF website
  • Like 3

AHOY! I remember you :D Welcome back!!! Sounds like you've had a tough year, but also some great progress! Best of luck moving forward, we're here for you :) 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome back!  You're not alone with the baby issues, plenty of people here can relate.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

22 hours ago, Zera said:
  • Lift 3 days a week (following the Grindstone program 3x week CF Football program... not allowed to lift more than that for fertility)

I really like Welbourne's stuff. Pretty solid programming but still interesting. I haven't looked at the Grindstone stuff yet but interested to hear your thoughts...

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Hello and nice to meet you!

I've been through the dad medical issues recently, so i relate to being shaken. Be strong for him, even if you have to fall apart in private.

Looking forward to seeing how things go!.

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Week 1 Update 

1 week in the books, and here is what I have accomplished:

Mind

• 5 minutes walking meditation daily - 3 days completed
  • Read 3 books - 1 book completed

Body

• Lose 3 pounds - Weigh in tomorrow!
  • Restart with my nutritionist - Sent request to start again, starting tomorrow!
  • Lift 3 days a week (following the Grindstone program 3x week CF Football program... not allowed to lift more than that for fertility) - Was told to "take it easy" this week and next week... not sure what I am going to do

Spirit

• Rejoin synagogue
  • Speak with my Dad 3x a week - DONE!
  • See my dad 1x a week - DONE!

Growth

• Finish BIRTHFIT SF website

This week I will:

write gratitude letter

start weigh ins

finish next book Blade Runner

Go to synagogue

Write 1 page of BIRTHFIT SF site

Do some form of workout 3x this week.

• Like 6

Week 2 Update 

2 week in the books, and here is what I have accomplished:

.... UPDATE!!

giphy.gif

IM PREGNANT!  Will be reevaluating goals and updating in the next couple days!

Mind

• 5 minutes walking meditation daily - 3 days completed
  • Read 3 books - 3 books completed

Body

• Lose 3 pounds -  Down 1... but needs to be reevaluated now
  • Restart with my nutritionist - Started again.... but will now need to put on hold - he doesn't do preggers nutrition.
  • Lift 3 days a week (following the Grindstone program 3x week CF Football program... not allowed to lift more than that for fertility) - Am meant to continue to take it easy for a couple weeks.  Fine by me if it means a kiddo! @Taddea Zhaan I was told to keep it to walks... So I have been doing LOTS of that!

Spirit

• Rejoin synagogue - Did initial tour.  Meeting with the rabbi next week for an interview
  • Speak with my Dad 3x a week - DONE!
  • See my dad 1x a week - DONE!

Growth

• Finish BIRTHFIT SF website - Did 2 pages

This week I will:

Re-establish/repost goals

Get blood work to confirm pregnancy

Write a gosh-darned gratitude letter!

5 minute walking meditation 4x/week

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Zera said:

2 week in the books, and here is what I have accomplished:

.... UPDATE!!

giphy.gif

IM PREGNANT!  Will be reevaluating goals and updating in the next couple days!

Congratulations!!!!!

I have post pregnant experience if you're interested. (I refuse to give advice about being pregnant, since I'm a guy and have no direct personal experience. Except this. Your husband will be an idiot about you being pregnant. Be patient with him. Unless he's doing it intentionally. Then kick him in the shins.)

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior