Hobbits Gonna Ranger: The Samwise Gamgee Ranger Mini

We're going with a supporting character this time for the Ranger Mini, one of my favorites, Sam Gamgee. He wasn't the most dashing, or the strongest, or the smartest, but he was awesome. 

Image result for sam gamgee

Very Rangerly with that pipe.

More details will come, but for now, declare your intentions to join the mini by declaring your four feats for the challenge.

A Cooking Feat.

Image result for sam gamgee cooking

A Strength feat:

Image result for sam gamgee

A Climbing Feat:

Image result for sam gamgee climbing

And a Combat Feat:

Image result for sam gamgee fighting

Spoiler

Also, still no Deadpool gifs:

Spoiler

I mean it.

Spoiler

None.

Spoiler

Image result for deadpool lotr gif

Week 1:

Week 1 is here, it's time to Fight! Sam didn't take crap from anybody, especially not giant eldritch unbeatable spiders.

Image result for sam gamgee gif

Honor Samwise by completing your combat feat this week.

Week 2:

Well done on the fighting. We need to recover our strength from combat and prepare for the weeks ahead. Time to refuel with the cooking feat!
Image result for sam gamgee cooking gif

Week 3:

Now that we have some energy, lets go get that strength feat!

Image result for sam gamgee gif

Week 4:

Well done on the first three weeks. By process of elimination, today starts climbing week!

Image result for lotr climb gif

Image result for lotr climbing gif

• Like 8

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Question 1: Is this Ranger only or an open mini?

Question 2: Can these feats be the same as something being worked on in the 4wc?

Question 3: Image result for deadpool question gif

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I'm in this time!

Cooking Feat: Try 2 new Whole30 approved recipes in this week.

Strength Feat: Test 1RM for Squat, Bench, Deadlift in this week (in addition to normal training sessions).

Climbing Feat: Walk  climb the 1000 steps in this week.

Combat Feat: Complete a boxing session in this week (in addition to normal training sessions).

• Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Oh my gosh! Not only is it a LOTR mini, it's a Samwise the Brave mini! 

according-to-tolkien-sam-gamgee-is-the-chief-hero-of-4908115.png

So, OBVIOUSLY I'm in for this one! I may, however, need to be an adaptable Ranger depending on where the feats come during the challenge, due to holiday and such like...

Cooking: Try out one new recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner for the week (batch cook)

frodoandsam_pipesandcampfire.jpg 

Strength: Hold a plank for as long as I can, once per day on Strength week

samfrodo.jpg 

Climbing: If this falls whilst I'm on holiday, my climbing feat will be to climb to the top of a nearby hill each evening, no matter how long my walk was during the day. If not, then I'll either add an extra incline day to my workouts (treadmill) or use the stairmaster for a minimum of 30 minutes. 

sam-samwise-gamgee-5004968-582-242.jpg

Combat: Spend 10 minutes each day of this week going over some basic punches and kicks I learned in karate 

image25.jpg

See, all that and not a single deadpool gif ;) (though I like the way you hid yours, Tank :lol:)

• Like 4

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Question 1: Is this Ranger only or an open mini?

Question 2: Can these feats be the same as something being worked on in the 4wc?

Question 3: Image result for deadpool question gif

1: All are welcome.

2: Do what works for you

3: I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

See, all that and not a single deadpool gif ;) (though I like the way you hid yours, Tank :lol:)

What deadpool gif?

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

1: All are welcome.

2: Do what works for you

3: I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Sweet, I'm in.

[Edited as per Tank's feedback below]

Cooking: Taco Friday (or spaghetti if Mi Vieja and Ghostlet don't want tacos for some reason)

Image result for second breakfast gif

Strength: 100 pullups

Image result for deadpool push gif

Climbing: Signed up for a rock climbing course for this weekend

Image result for secret stairs frodo gif

Combat:  Will participate in a flying trapeze class this weekend.  I will count this as unarmed aerial combat training.

Image result for frodo climb gif

• Like 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Sure, why not?

Cooking:  actually cook dinner twice this week.

Climbing:  replace at least two elevator trips/day with the stairs (if there are less than two elevator trips in a particular day, take the stairs whenever it's an option).

Strength:  do a 1-minute wall sit twice a day every day this week.

Combat:  go the the skate park at least once.  (This counts as combat training because I have my first roller derby bout on June 17th, and I need practice skating on an uneven surface to prepare for it.  It's not as good as actually skating on the track, but it's better than nothing.)

• Like 1

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Cooking Feat: Try 1 new meal

Strength Feat: Do 10 Squats or 10 Push Ups every time I  go back to my desk at work

Climbing Feat:  Only use stairs

Combat Feat:  Bathe both dogs and trim their toe nails (this totally counts as a combat, I promise)

• Like 4

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

Ill give it a shot:

Cooking: I really want to make a potato joke here, but probably it will be cook something other than chicken curry this week.

Strength: I won't carry it for you, Mr. Sandbag, but I will carry you. Loaded Carries for at least 5 miles total this week.

Climbing: Convince my girlfriend to go on a hike with me this weekend at a nearby park. Does this count?

Combat: do battle with giant spiders. Well, not exactly, but I'll practice strikes in my basement (NEAR giant spiders).

• Like 4

Welcome to all the new comers. For clarity, each feat gets its own week. The feats don't have to be something done the whole challenge. At the beginning of each week I'll declare that weak's feat to focus on, then next week we'll move on to a different feat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome to all the new comers. For clarity, each feat gets its own week. The feats don't have to be something done the whole challenge. At the beginning of each week I'll declare that weak's feat to focus on, then next week we'll move on to a different feat.

Edited as per FRAGORD

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Oh I am in

Cooking - cook a new recipe this week for meal prep

Strength - Work up to a heavy single on a strongman lift I have been neglecting. 

Climb - Do a in depth pull up/negative/pulling workout on top of my other workouts in this week.

Combat - I have no idea... Thoughts on this one appreciated!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

Signing On :3

Climbing Feat - If I may get creative here...a climb typically ends with being on top of something so...I will organize, or 'get on top of' my writing/blogs.
Combat Feat - I will fight with myself by re-assembling my Protocols Notebook
Cooking Feat - No respectible Hobbit would cook in a dirty kitchen; I'll deep-clean mine for the feat! (and maybe cook up a potato stew in honor of Samwise)
Strength Feat - Double up on my workout for all five applicable days.

• Like 4

Matthew 25:34-40

Sam!! The true hero of the journey to Mordor ... "Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam"!

large.gif 

I am thrilled to join this challenge and to honor dear, brave Sam.

E9D.gif

Climbing Feat: 

Walk at a Level 15 incline and 3.0 speed on the treadmill for 20 minutes at each workout this week.

025a8c6e1cc182aa620de6fdf63b478c.gif

Combat Feat: 

I will combat the forces of loneliness by writing and mailing 2 handwritten letters this week.

lembas.gif 

Cooking Feat:

Buy and learn to prepare ONE new fruit or vegetable that I have never tried before!

tumblr_mgbb5jqv5u1qfqjxao2_r5_250.gif

Strength Feat: 

Complete 40 front raises and 40 side raises with 5-pound dumbbells in one lifting session, OR
complete 20 chest presses and 20 overhead presses with 15-pound dumbbells.

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

This Assassin wants to play with the rangers a little this month. ( in the future i might do a challenge with you guys)

Cooking Feat:

Try a meal from the long list of Ranger Delicacies

Strength Feat: 

8 Pull ups a day

Climbing Feat: 

10 Stair Sprints a day at home

Combat Feat: 

Use my newly Built Throwing knife target twice this week.

• Like 5

Hey everybody, it's me! Gurdwisebob Imbibergeepants!

Cooking:  I'll spend this four day weekend on making my kitchen less crappy by organising the storage, developing some kind of workflow system, deep cleaning and buying the equipment we're missing.

Strength:  Plank and pushup practice every morning for the week.

Climbing:  Improving hanging grip strength in preparation for pull-ups by doing pull-up prep progression work (hanging for 10+ seconds, standing on a chair and lowering down, etc).

Combat:  I am plagued by an army of villainous dust bunnies and poltergeists. I will defeat them by deep cleaning the whole damn house. (later in the month I'll work on decluttering and maintaining the defences)

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I'm in! Last time around life decided to kick me around a bit but now I'm back and more motivated than ever! 

Cooking: Cook over a fire! (Alt: cook using a dutch oven!)

Strength: Handstands! Or at least practice and progression!

Climbing: Add in Mountain climbers! 

Combat: Go to the gun range! (Alt: get bro to teach me to knife fight! He bought these rubber knives to do this but we havent yet) 

Leon, the Roach King - Troll Ranger - 5' 4"  224 lbs

"Of course it's not going to be easy, why would it be easy when it can be hard?"

Challenge 22 - [RoachRex Starts from Scratch]
[Kingmaker Questline]

39 minutes ago, Gurdris the Imbiber said:

Cooking:  I'll spend this four day weekend on

Four days?  Do you get Saturday off too???

Image result for jealous gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

6 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Four days?  Do you get Saturday off too???

Image result for jealous gif

Saturday and Sunday are weekend days and we were firm in our contracts that Foreign Hires don't work weekends (although I have to do marketing on them for a couple of hours sometimes). Tuesday is a public holiday (Dragon Boat Festival) and originally they wanted us to work Monday but other teachers explained how silly and disruptive to students that would be (it's a boarding school) and that nothing would get done anyway, so it was given to us as a day off as well. Of course, this was all finalised too late for us to book tickets anywhere... Still, can't complain about 4 days to sleep. Pity the pollution is going to suck all weekend though. International School, baby! Hey, if you teach kindergarten we're desperately seeking two more teachers to start in August...

tumblr_mbumkguuhp1rfn7z7o8_500.gif

• Like 2

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I am taking Saturday off, but I had to take a leave day for it.  We will be spending the holiday in Guilin :)

16 minutes ago, Gurdris the Imbiber said:

Hey, if you teach kindergarten we're desperately seeking two more teachers to start in August...

No, but I do teach interns sometimes so ... kinda the same?

Image result for nyuk nyuk gif

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, Elennare said:

Combat:  go the the skate park at least once.  (This counts as combat training because I have my first roller derby bout on June 17th, and I need practice skating on an uneven surface to prepare for it.  It's not as good as actually skating on the track, but it's better than nothing.)

Congrats on your first bout.  Eat nuts and kick butts!

I'm in!

Cooking: Find and prep high-quality tournament food

Strength: Plank to failure every weekday morning. 

Climbing: Do apartment stair circuit twice per day each day.  If traveling, climb at least 6 flights of stairs each day.

Combat: Trim kitten toes and get fluffy cat to the groomer.  This involves much kitty wrestling.

Screenshot_2015-01-07-21-21-182-300x192.jpg

• Like 4

Holtzmann is my copilot.

"have you ever thought 'i am not good enough to do this?' THATS THE SOUND OF YOUR REVERSE TWIN. do not listen. you are good enough to do this" - Chuck Tingle

Woo! Not a Ranger yet, but this mini lures me in. <3 the Gamgee.

Cooking: Advance prep brekkie and second breakfast, ah, lunch, for M-F. Potato frittata, I'm looking at you! And for extra credit, stay within calorie goals for the week (my regular 4-week challenge already includes food logging).

Strength: Double up on the daily kettlebell routine (1 circuit/day already in the regular 4-week).

Climbing: 40 flights of stairs, M-F this week.

Combat: cycle at least 30 miles this week, probably daily commute + a long weekend ride. Yes, where I live this counts as combat D:

So excited!

IMG_0061.GIF

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TiogaGirl said:

Woo! Not a Ranger yet, but this mini lures me in. <3 the Gamgee.

Who says you're not a Ranger? I see a nice looking Ranger logo under your (very cool) avatar!

• Like 4

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

18 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Not a Ranger yet

Image result for dwight false

17 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Who says you're not a Ranger? I see a nice looking Ranger logo under your (very cool) avatar!

Image result for dwight true

• Like 5