Hello, everyone! My name is Steve. I am from upstate NY. I am a nerd who wants to be healthy.

I have studied a martial art called Wing Chun Kung Fu for over 20 years. I have what looks like a beer belly, even though I don't drink beer. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to drop any lower than 208 pounds. It is incredibly frustrating, especially when I don't consume that much junk food AND I work out until I collapse in a sweaty heap of exhaustion. At the moment I do home workout programs like P90X and Insanity. 

For the sake of variety, I want to sign up and try the Nerd Fitness program, but that would require having some moolah set aside to accomplish such a goal. So that is where my efforts are focused these days.

If you want to know anything else about me or just want to say hi, drop a line!

• Like 3

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Steve the Wing Chun Warrior! 

I hear good things about the Academy, but you'll find plenty of people here (myself included) who just use the forums. As @Taddea Zhaan said, joining the 4-week challenges is a great way to get started for free! There's a new challenge starting on Monday, so your timing couldn't be better. 

You can pick a guild and use the Character Creator and Epic Quest list to get started with some goals of your own, even without the academy. Best of luck and let us know if you have any questions! 

• Like 2

Upstate NY you say... Wing Chun you say... (It's Ving Tsun in my family, Hudson Valley by way of Brooklyn ;)) Welcome welcome!!! There are a few fellow Chunners here, including guild leader of the martial arts group AKA Monk guild @The Shogun :D 

There are many different nerds approaching fitness in many different ways around the forums, so if you're looking for variety you'll find a fair bit as you bounce around here. Good luck on your journey!

• Like 3

Upstate NY you say? Oneida county here.

What are you doing diet wise?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

if you read a lot a book called Wired To Eat is very insightful.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)