Elastigirl Enthusiastically Embraces A New Endeavor

Elastigirl

My knees often hurt on steep downward hikes.  This isn't going to "fix" whatever is going on with your knees, but you might want to try either taping your knees with KT tape for some extra support, or you might want to try using a knee jumper band.  If it mostly just happens on long hikes, then a little bit of extra knee support might be all that you need.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

22 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I used to get really achy knees when walking down steep trails too.  Not sure if it is the same for you, but my issue was that I was not accounting for gravity and basically treating each downward step like a regular step, which was grinding up my knees.  Once I started treating my downward steps as if they were eccentric unweighted Bulgarian squats i.e. using my quads to slow my decent rather than letting my knees take the brunt) I stopped having knee issues.

Maybe something you could try.

I tried that a bit today on our hill.  Maybe if I practice on the hills with sidewalks, it will happen naturally on mountain trails.

14 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Knees that hurt suck. It could be a ton of different things. Where in the knee does it hurt, is it sharp or dull, persistent or intermittent, and unilateral or bilateral?

I'd start by having Mr. Incredible film you walking down a slope from front and back. You don't need to show it to anyone, just scrutinize your gate yourself and see if you can find a wobble or hitch that is informative to you.

Good idea. I'll try that.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hey, look at this, Not even the start of the challenge yet, and my challenge is up:

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/99750-elastigirls-1000-challenge-now-with-minions/

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien